Page 122 of 191 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4757
    All this snowbowl chat inspired me to ride up there this afternoon since it wasn't raining.

it was supposed to be more of a recovery ride since I didn't do that yesterday after racing, so I didn't go to the top of tv mountain. Anyway, some sort of a building down there, not sure if warming hut or just ski patrol, plus a hole in the ground.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Proof above ^^^ Snowbowl will now have "legit" green circle runs.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Buddy told me a 4' dump on the way.
    watch out for snakes

Nice hole.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Proof above ^^^ Snowbowl will now have "legit" green circle runs.
    Hot Fudge, Nutcracker, and Pencil Chute already qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I will take that bet, but I don't drink bloodies. 2 bloodies to you, 3 pints to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    You're on.
    Huh, I had forgotten about this from August 2018.

Yeah i definitely still owe you on that one root. Would be a fitting drink when riding the new chair

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wait, you guys actually meet up?

Also probably credit card processing fee avoidance and promotion to stir up cashflow more than anything. Even with cash, the auditing would be pretty easy for season passes.
    But I wouldn't put it past them by any means.
    No longer stuck.

OK, the new lift is in and it appears with all the new runs on the Snowbowl website trail map. Does that mean it is totally complete and it will absolutely positively be open at the start of this season, provided there is enough snow? After all, this is Snowbowl we are talking about.
    Gravity Junkie

They have said yes in the newspaper as recently as this week and there is a huge billboard* advertising it at Malfunction Junction, so they appear to be all in.

*I believe the ad says "More lifts. More blues." And I am sure that is true for the maintenance crew.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    They have said yes in the newspaper as recently as this week and there is a huge billboard* advertising it at Malfunction Junction, so they appear to be all in.

*I believe the ad says "More lifts. More blues." And I am sure that is true for the maintenance crew.
    Thanks! Hoping to make a trip up from Utah and hit the Bowl between X-mas and New Year's again. Hopefully you'll have enough snow by then to check out the new "backside." Only thing better than Snowbowl is more Snowbowl (even if it is mostly blues).
    Gravity Junkie

Where's the snowline sitting at in Missoula? Gonna be in the neighborhood this weekend - might try to get a ride in.

It was pretty low yesterday, like maybe around 4200', but seems to have crept up overnight. Can't see shit right now, though.

Sunday there were some thin patches of snow on the trail up to the snowbowl overlook and down the other side into spring. today i just went there and back and it was all clear and dry. Something like 5300ft. I haven't been paying attention to the rest of the weeks' forecast but anything other than the really high up trails should be fine and even then I'd expect to be able to get to blue point at least.

e- looks like a little snow fri/sat
    Last edited by jamal; 10-23-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Nice bit of dumpage going on today here and in the mountains.

Came across a Missoulian article that talks about Discovery's new road to Silver Chief chair.

Apparently they finished it and if conditions allow it'll be open this season. You'll only have to drive a little past Philipsburg now instead of dealing with that annoying pass up to Georgetown lake. This is very good news if they get a decent base this season.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Came across a Missoulian article that talks about Discovery's new road to Silver Chief chair.

Apparently they finished it and if conditions allow it'll be open this season. You'll only have to drive a little past Philipsburg now instead of dealing with that annoying pass up to Georgetown lake. This is very good news if they get a decent base this season.
    Oh wow. Didn't realize they actually were building it. I thought it was just vaporware. Pretty awesome. Should make the drive closer to an even 1hr, right? And a lot safer.
    Winter is here, holy shit, it's howling out there.
    No longer stuck.

Huh, hadnt seen that. Haven't heard anyone talking about it here in pburg. Hoping disco has a good year since it'll be my first winter over here(after 21 seasons of having bridger for a home mtn). Def cold and snowy here today.

It was open for bike park access this summer.

I guess I knew it was open for bike park but didnt know they were planning on having it open for winter. Apparently I haven't been paying attention. I better get more wood cut with this cold weather.

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see if try to make a WROD so they can keep it open when conditions wouldn't otherwise allow. I haven't skied at Disco very much but in the times I have, I never saw that chair running. It's kind of a moot point for a lot of families though, since it will require two lifts up and a long ski down to get to the lodge.

If conditions are good, it looks like there might be some fun terrain in there.

Cyclocross racing going on all day at Big sky brewing tomorrow. Donations for the free beer go to mtb missoula. There's a "try cx" beginner race, and a mtb only race, both only cost $20, go like 25 min, and don't require a usac license if anyone wants to try it out. Or just come and hang out and drink beer. Fastest people race last, women at 6:45, men at 8pm. There's usually a pretty good crowd up on the hill for those.

https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/MT/M...CyclocrossRace

Hit up the pass party today. Bit of a line, but it snaked past the bar so you could grab a pint or two while waiting. Got an extra $58 to put towards the bar tab now.

Load testing of the new lift apparently is happening on the 16th. After that, it will be fully operational.

No word yet on the hours of the lift.

Indian summer had been pretty damn nice so far.

Hit up the pass party today. Bit of a line, but it snaked past the bar so you could grab a pint or two while waiting. Got an extra $58 to put towards the bar tab now.

Load testing of the new lift apparently is happening on the 16th. After that, it will be fully operational.

No word yet on the hours of the lift.

Indian summer had been pretty damn nice so far.
    It's crazy how we're calling slightly above average weather an "indian summer" now