Page 84 of 190 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Ugh, that's amazing. I couldn't move this morning. All the low angle powder at Lost Trail. I know, epic fail.
    Please at least tell me it was crowded and there were long lines and everything was tracked out by 10:30am.
    No, it was rad and if you know how to ski it stayed good all day. And I skied Lost Trail yesterday bell to bell, by the way there are steep turns there, just short lines, and I skied bell to bell at the bowl today. Please stop misrepresenting Missoulians and just grow a pair dude. Sorry for the 'tude but you and your 12,000 posts of garbage are starting to wear on me.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Ooh, stuck gets schooled!

Yeah The Bowl was entirely off the hook today, but it did take a beating. Lift lines were never a problem, but there was a powder hungry crowd laying down the troughs. However, I never failed to find clean lines from bell to bell.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I said epic fail, jesus, get your panties unknotted and stop reading creaky's posts. Good for you, you're such an athlete, now go fuck yourself.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

So I've heard. Me and a buddy should be up Monday.
    No longer stuck.

-16 ,enjoy your assplay.

Yeah, stayed in. Heard the top was getting sustained winds over 30mph. It's cold!
    No longer stuck.

I drove up Monday, the chairs were closed, but it was a beautiful sunny day. I rode the t-bar up then hiked up to Griz Chute. It was wind leveled wind slab, but skiing the untracked Chute, in bright sunshine, was well worth the effort. It would have been a snap if I'd been skinning, instead of carrying Machetes over my shoulder.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

don't the McSheddy's just sort of levitate on your shoulder, Rasputamus? humility is honorable and all, but...

the 28th was pretty solid, no complaints despite a core shot.

No photos from the first 3 days, but a few below from Christmas week. Amazing week of powder skiing, seemed like several best days of the season...all in one week.

Wishard Ridge:

More Wishard Ridge:

Snowbowl earn the turn xmas day:

Snowbowl Boxing day:

Lolo Pass:

Cock rock:

Lolo Pass lap 2:

More Lolo Pass:

Snowbowl 12/28, First tracks on West Ridge call for few turns:

Snowbowl 12/28:

Snowbowl 12/28:

^Damn, I guess I should take the sled up Wisherd soon...

Way to get after it, 406.

I got a weekday pass, so of course the snow keeps hitting on the weekend. Should be good up there Sunday, folks! Should be good Monday too
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeTop Productions View Post
    ^Damn, I guess I should take the sled up Wisherd soon...
    Is parking along Gold Creek road and going up toward sheep mtn (FR 2117) the only option these days? We used to go up W. Twin creak road, and it is a short 4 mile ride up, but there is a gate at the bottom now.

Suck it, Trebek!
    No longer stuck.

Tomorrow = biggest gong show of 2015. Liftlines for miles, guaranteed.

Guess I'll just stay home then
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Is parking along Gold Creek road and going up toward sheep mtn (FR 2117) the only option these days? We used to go up W. Twin creak road, and it is a short 4 mile ride up, but there is a gate at the bottom now.
    Was up there for my first time today and the parking was in a prominent turnout just past Rainbow Bend on the S side of the road, cross the road and make your way through some flat, thin timber for maybe a 1/4 mile until you hit the main road (W Twin Creek).

And yes, I imagine both tomorrow and Tuesday will be all-time at the Bowl..

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    Was up there for my first time today and the parking was in a prominent turnout just past Rainbow Bend on the S side of the road, cross the road and make your way through some flat, thin timber for maybe a 1/4 mile until you hit the main road (W Twin Creek).
    Awesome, thanks! We noticed tracks going that way, but I figured that it went to private property. It will be nice to go the shorter way, 10 miles each way tandem from Gold Cr was too much

Might go Tuesday morning too, if I can still move and all.
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 01-04-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Tomorrow = biggest gong show of 2015. Liftlines for miles, guaranteed.
    Heh, that's exactly what someone told me in the parking lot before the lifts opened the day after Christmas (after 12 inches fell). It seemed likely; it was a Friday, and kids were out of school; it seemed entirely likely to be a worst case scenario. However, it wasn't that bad.

Well given it will only be the 5th day of the year, it probably will be the biggest lines so far.

Might go Tuesday morning too, if I can still move and all.
    Buck up sissypants! How can a pup like you complain about it hurting so much?

Here is the cure for day after dead legs: run a tub of HOT water, as hot as you can stand to sit in, then sit in it until it cools down (usually 45 minutes or so). Use epson salts for best results, but they are not necessary. I used to do this when I skied at least half a day every day, and bell to bell every day off. It makes a huge difference the day after hammering your quads mercilessly.

Don't wimp out, the water needs to be HOT, you will sweat profusely, so have a quart of water to drink while you sit there.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Awesome, thanks! We noticed tracks going that way, but I figured that it went to private property.
    Yeah, it may cross private property, I am not sure. That is just the way everyone yesterday was going (my only experience up there).

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    Yeah, it may cross private property, I am not sure. That is just the way everyone yesterday was going (my only experience up there).
    That access in all owned by TNC (The Nature Conservancy) now...formally PCTC (Plum creek). All form PCTC rules apply. As any good Montanan should know, always know and respect private property, which is super easy to figure out.

http://svc.mt.gov/msl/mtcadastral/

No excuse for trespassing these days.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2012 View Post
    That access in all owned by TNC (The Nature Conservancy) now...formally PCTC (Plum creek). All form PCTC rules apply. As any good Montanan should know, always know and respect private property, which is super easy to figure out.

http://svc.mt.gov/msl/mtcadastral/

No excuse for trespassing these days.

Cheers
    Thanks for the link, looks like Rainbowbend route is all PCT Co.

The cadastral database hasn't been updated yet to reflect the change in ownership from Plum Creek to TNC. Plum Creek no longer owns anything in the Gold Creek area. Land management policies to TNC ground is the same as PCTC....Snowmobiles allowed from December 1st to April 1st on established roads. Below is their "Open Lands Policy". Good to familiarize yourself with it as they are now a big neighbor.

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives...olicy-2014.pdf

Interesting day--but yesterday's angry inch was better.

I don't think I've ever seen Meadows slide all the way into Chicken Chute. Freaky.