Page 39 of 191 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaHans View Post
    Had an Old #38 on draft at the Tornado yesterday. Mmmmmmm.
    Where's the Tornado? and nice terrain stoke _teo!!!!! we're in the mix and brad's all giddy

and still hungry??

today sucked and I'm never going back, ever. I mean, never.

Bob is that a homemade sammy or did you get it somewhere? I'm hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Creaky, I blew up some improtant stuff in my knee Jan 19th. Getting fixed March 2nd. Sucks I am gonna miss a taste of what sounds like the best Snowbowl season ever, but I'll be riding pretty good hopefully by late summer; you'll have to show me the rest of that ride at some point.
    whoa sorry to hear that, I'll make a few thousand turns for you between now and summer riding time. I plan to come over your way to do a better ride than that one I did last summer with the SD boys which was ...uhhh... okay. not stellar, almost not worth a drive. good views but the trail was kinda yawn-city. good luck with the surgery and heal fast man!

slight breeze out there folks...

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    see you boys in liftline at 8am tomorrow.
    Heh, I sure hope you weren't there waiting.

Wow, The Bowl is closed for subzero temps and high winds.

Sweet webcam view of it:

Last edited by Rasputin; 02-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

All the upper lifts are closed on the Big today as well. Yesterday I experienced the coldest lift rides of my life, -2 with 25mph winds. On the bright side we had a foot of snow with this storm that all blew into the tree stashes, so I'm not complaining.

Hello bluebird windbuff manana.

fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Stuart is reporting 3 inches in the past 6 hours, and 11 below zero. I think Rootskier is on the mark, it will be stiff wind-buff, and probably with a lot of downed needles and boughs. Scoured in some places, and drifted in others.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Glad today was the only day this week I couldn't take off... I am thinking blue bird wind buff tomorrow as well. Get ready to stay afloat or be sunk

Are they really now closed Tuesdays, and are they really still scheduled to close right before the U has spring break?

a. Their mountain manager is fucking retarded.
    b. Missouliots are fucking gay. Go skiing, not to Hawaii.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm hoping it looks something like this tomorrow with all the wind, buffed into deep pockets. This pic is from the 2008 18" day, which sadly I was not there for (ACL).

****wtf is up with the image uploader now?****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryancrop.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	93745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryancropsmall.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	93746  

I'm hoping everyone keeps talking up ___________ so that we keep getting more gapers moving here because they checked TGR for where to move. Those "powder days" sure are special when you wait 1 hour for a chair up. Super special. Crowded ski areas rock, doood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12BbH7GfX0

See the connection, please:

no talk on TGR = empty hill

bragging on TGR = gaper city

Sure, I love a skied out hill. I dig crud more than pow. But I hate gapers.

Make the connection.

^^^^^^^
    Please pal I’m sure people constantly check TGR when they decide where to move. You sure come across as a smug jaded prick here on TGR... Are you like that in real life??? . IM Sorry but Snowbowls conditions are no secret to those that ski around these parts and Im pretty sure this is the last spot the general population goes to see whats going on up there. While I generally stay out of this thread there are a few peeps that seem pretty stoked about it and the great winter that were having. Its not like anyone is blowing up your favorite backcountry spot, its Snowbowl for Christ sake. If you dont like the way things are in Missoula stop your bitching and GTFO.

damn dude, even MTSlack, who barely posts had to call you out.
    You need to take a vacation from the internet again, creaky. It's obviously not something you're comfortable using much.
    In fact, I would welcome as many people who want to move to Missoula as there are, as long as they learn how to USE THE FUCKING GAS PEDAL.
    No longer stuck.

Man alive! Just saw this thread. There are some great pics. I don't think I have ever seen the bowl look so good. My buddy Hot Carl keeps calling to tell me how great its been, but I didn't really believe him. This proves it. I moved to Bozeman two years ago and I haven't been back to the bowl since. This makes me really miss it. Keep up the good work.
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Make the connection.
    Nobody moves to Missoula to ski.

Also, your internet persona is that of a douchebag (shocking revelation, I know). Why do you even post here if you feel that way?

Fossil is good people, but he tends to get pretty strident about other people relocating to Missoula like he did.

nothing to ski here folks, move along.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I moved out of Missoula for the skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Nobody moves to Missoula to ski.
    When I moved to Missoula, 12 years ago, I moved there to ski. Granted, I was from Kentucky. I came up to visit on a spring break road trip with my buddy Justin. We skied the bowl for 1 day (2nd to last weekend of the season, there was dirt on Sunrise). It was only my second day skiing ever. My other day was in Indiana at Perfect North. I took a lesson on the rope tow. When I got done I still sucked, and the dude who gave me the lesson told me to keep practicing there. Unfortunately, the dude at the rope tow was headed to lunch. He told me to go up the lift to Paradise. I got lost, finding myself at the little down hill before the North Dakota. It was the steepest thing I had ever seen. I was sure it was the wrong way. I stopped someone, Sue Neff (sp?), and asked her if this was paradise. She said, "No, its Montana". That was the moment I decided to move to Missoula to ski. I spent the next 3 seasons hittching from the 7R, skiing a pair of ellan mbxs, while wearing a blue onesee. No one ever made fun of me (at least to my face). Snowbowl is a great place with great people. That's what moving to Missoula to ski is all about.
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Quote Originally Posted by inthemtns View Post
    I stopped someone, Sue Neff (sp?), and asked her if this was paradise. She said, "No, its Montana".
    Epic beavertail mafia story.

Also, I think I was a little harsh on creaky fossil. What I meant to say, cf, is that your uncle crud is showing.

Stay warm up there today everyone.

cool story.
    CF, what we're trying to say is stop harshing our mellow.
    No longer stuck.

Sweet zero degrees with wind slab and strewn branches today!

Quote Originally Posted by inthemtns View Post
    When I moved to Missoula, 12 years ago, I moved there to ski. Granted, I was from Kentucky. I came up to visit on a spring break road trip with my buddy Justin. We skied the bowl for 1 day (2nd to last weekend of the season, there was dirt on Sunrise). It was only my second day skiing ever. My other day was in Indiana at Perfect North. I took a lesson on the rope tow. When I got done I still sucked, and the dude who gave me the lesson told me to keep practicing there. Unfortunately, the dude at the rope tow was headed to lunch. He told me to go up the lift to Paradise. I got lost, finding myself at the little down hill before the North Dakota. It was the steepest thing I had ever seen. I was sure it was the wrong way. I stopped someone, Sue Neff (sp?), and asked her if this was paradise. She said, "No, its Montana". That was the moment I decided to move to Missoula to ski. I spent the next 3 seasons hittching from the 7R, skiing a pair of ellan mbxs, while wearing a blue onesee. No one ever made fun of me (at least to my face). Snowbowl is a great place with great people. That's what moving to Missoula to ski is all about.
    good stuff.