Page 70 of 114 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2842
  1. #1726
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    347
    I drove the Mill Creek/Big Hole road yesterday. It's fine, but does get drifted and does not get a lot of attention from the plows. On the north side of the pass, about halfway between the cross country ski area and Anaconda, there is a huge frost heave.

  2. #1727
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    746
    On a different note, anybody ski Snowbowl yesterday? How was the front?

  3. #1728
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    3,751
    Sunday at the Bowl was fantastic, however the dreaded orb in the sky, that destroyeth the snow, returned Monday to take away our joy, and aspects that get direct sunshine will have some manner of crust.

    There was some filtering cloud cover that came on in the afternoon that may have saved some aspects from getting scorched, and it wasn't really very warm due to a chilly breeze, but the lower half of the mountain was too warm for my liking.

    Run for the shadows.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

  4. #1729
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    617
    Can anyone pm me with directions/coordinates to the little st Joe cabin?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TGR Forums

  5. #1730
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    8,912
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold View Post
    Can anyone pm me with directions/coordinates to the little st Joe cabin?
    PM sent. I have slept well over 100 nights in that cabin. Thanks for keeping the location on the down low.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  6. #1731
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    All I know is Losttrail was awesome.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  7. #1732
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    597
    Thinking about skiing LT on Saturday, but I think there's a comp going on that day - Anyone know how much of the good terrain the comp closes down?

  8. #1733
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Femur and that's basically it.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  9. #1734
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Here's me actually providing some stoke, woohoo!
    My roommate jumps over the smoke shack in Thunder(?) trees, sticks it, and then goes splat.
    And yes, I had to reactivate facebook. I'm sure no one cares.


    (I think this works)
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  10. #1735
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,572
    Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    Thinking about skiing LT on Saturday, but I think there's a comp going on that day - Anyone know how much of the good terrain the comp closes down?
    I believe it's actually the north facing shots off Chair 1 above and lookers right of femur ridge (which may also be included). So, while it's good terrain, it's a pretty small percentage of the mountain.

    In other news, someone at NOAA is on acid again:

    SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 4 INCHES IN THE VALLEYS...8 TO 12
    INCHES OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN INCLUDING SNOWBOWL SKI AREA.

    In well over 15 years of paying attention to NOAA forecasts here, I do not ever recall hearing them name Snowbowl specifically. Even if the snow totals are nowhere near that much, it's definitely going to be windy as a motherfucker. The Gelande boys will not be happy.

  11. #1736
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Nor have I ever seen an accurate snow report

    Does that vid embed properly or do I have to take out the https?
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 02-22-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  12. #1737
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    I don't actually get the deal with the advisory. It specifically lists Snowbowl as getting 8-12, but the actually forecast shows another storm headed mostly for LT. Although, it was my impression that while some storms favor 1 or the other, they typically get about the same amount of snow, at least in a season.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  13. #1738
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,572
    Who knows. I never trust NOAA forecasts but I thought it was interesting that it named Snowbowl specifically. Also, I think you are right about the Bowl and LT -- it is a rare and hudge storm system that delivers similar storm totals to both places. Usually there is only one winner.

    It's starting to get windy already...

  14. #1739
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Some girls we met want to go to Lookout this Sunday (?!? i know, right?)
    must. convince. go to snowbowl.

    And yet large systems that drop no more than 6" seems to hit both equally. No?
    What I need is a touring setup and a 10 pack to both. IDK.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  15. #1740
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    15' from MT
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I believe it's actually the north facing shots off Chair 1 above and lookers right of femur ridge (which may also be included). So, while it's good terrain, it's a pretty small percentage of the mountain.

    In other news, someone at NOAA is on acid again:

    SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 4 INCHES IN THE VALLEYS...8 TO 12
    INCHES OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN INCLUDING SNOWBOWL SKI AREA.

    In well over 15 years of paying attention to NOAA forecasts here, I do not ever recall hearing them name Snowbowl specifically. Even if the snow totals are nowhere near that much, it's definitely going to be windy as a motherfucker. The Gelande boys will not be happy.
    I hear you. It is all these trusty hodad lifestylers that have moved here in the last 5-10yrs.
    Squeezin' hard with a soft touch

  16. #1741
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Nah, I'd say one of the Beavertails must work at the Weather Service and did a favor. 8-12" not forecasted for the Bowl on the point forecast.
    Maybe it was in exchange to get the Outrun groomed 1 extra time. You know how much they hate having to actually do that.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  17. #1742
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    15' from MT
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Nah, I'd say one of the Beavertails must work at the Weather Service and did a favor. 8-12" not forecasted for the Bowl on the point forecast.
    Maybe it was in exchange to get the Outrun groomed 1 extra time. You know how much they hate having to actually do that.
    beavertails have been here forever and don't promote their lifestyle. It is the newer lifestyler folk. I have been here a long time and have noted the changes these dildos bring. You haven't figured out how to ski it yet?? C'mon neow, don't be a sylvester!
    Squeezin' hard with a soft touch

  18. #1743
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,572
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    8-12" not forecasted for the Bowl on the point forecast.
    While I fully and truly believe the forecast is crack-induced, if you look at the high ranges, that amount in line with the point forecast through tomorrow night. More importantly, the point forecasts are automatically generated by some sort of algorithm based on elevation, so they are fairly useless in general.

    But whatever. It will be dust on crust and crowded. Go to Lookout.

  19. #1744
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Hm, promote my lifestyle of out-of-work debt-sponge finishing college in an over-educated town with shitty employment prospects at Snowbowl or Lookout. Hm. Decisions decisions.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  20. #1745
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Here's me actually providing some stoke, woohoo!
    My roommate jumps over the smoke shack in Thunder(?) trees, sticks it, and then goes splat.
    And yes, I had to reactivate facebook. I'm sure no one cares.


    (I think this works)
    The white room!

  21. #1746
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    montana
    Posts
    571
    lookout was stupid fun today. Deep in the trees...

  22. #1747
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    Looks like whoever is doing the winter weather advisory has revised the totals for snowbowl more in line with the point forecast. Storm should still favor LT but it looks to be moving north or something. I haven't even looked at the radar or sat.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  23. #1748
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,572
    LT was awesome today.

  24. #1749
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,572
    ........

  25. #1750
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,707
    you skiing snowbowl tomorrow? gimme a shout. On Rubies.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •