Page 125 of 191 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4757
    He just pretends he doesn't know me.
    Imagine how horrible I must be in person to be the kind of guy who expects ski areas to maintain their trails instead of putting lifts and new trails in where it doesn't snow.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I love how he thinks Snowbowl (or any ski area) pays enough for a car
    No longer stuck.

Well, at least he didn't go full on creaky. Good deal. Now don't pretend you know me.
    No longer stuck.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    If by know you, you mean I talked to you once when you were riding a chair behind me.......aside from that I don't, I couldn't pick you out of a weekday lift line.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    If by know you, you mean I talked to you once when you were riding a chair behind me.......aside from that I don't, I couldn't pick you out of a weekday lift line.
    Well, you sure know how to make creaky level assumptions about me. Why do you take criticism of Snowbowl's management so personally? Most people tend to agree that they suck.
    Sorry for thinking a $600 pass for a local hill gets me maintenance in between seasons.
    No longer stuck.

You two should either have a ski-off or fuck. Because your schtick on here is boring AF.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You two should either have a ski-off or fuck. Because your schtick on here is boring AF.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    What about a drink-off?
    Might lead into a fuck-off.

Fucking off also works.

1. I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but it was dependent on Ronnie's mood on any given day.

2. No idea, but dingdongs rocketing out at least some of the closed areas above Meadows would present a hazard to people traversing, wouldn't it?

3. I think the idea is that it will warm up for more corn-like conditions but I agree this is absolutely maddening. The 9:30 opening is bad enough.

(I got my first pass just 21 years ago so I am still sort of a JONG.)
    Last edited by RootSkier; 12-18-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Couple questions for those of you who are longtime Snowbowl skiers:

-Has there ever been a "one ride" type day ticket to access the touring off Point 6 before?

-They already do control work in the permanently closed cliff area. What's keeping them from instituting a beacon check/sign out type of system for the Hourglass (don't have it all open, just that line)? It seems like patrol would have a good view of the line from their cabin on Lavelle, could be open condition dependent and that beacon/sign out business model has been utilized for decades at other ski areas. Thoughts?

-For an area that sits at relatively low elevation with an abundance of southern exposure - in the spring when the sun is highest in the sky during ski season, why do they delay the opening from 9:30 to 10:00? Why not switch it from 9:30 to 9:00 to try and capitalize on getting some cold snow?
    1. Pretty sure they have never offered a one-ride...at least in the 25 years I've been there. Ronnie hates me, so that could be it. I think their thinking is they would have to check tickets at Lavelle so people don't buy one rides and lap the under mountain. Start skinning at 7:30 to access Pt. Six, if you can blast up in an hour, cause you have to be off by 8:30am. That's your access.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5443214.pdf

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5415378.pdf

2. The terrain in the closure is more of novelty terrain. RootSkier hit it on the head with regards to people traversing below. Only two significant start zones up there and they are easy to control, so the whole avi thing isn't the issue. Ski it at night after closing or mornings when they ARE NOT bombing or when they close of the season.

3. There is no cold snow on south facing terrain at the bowl in the spring. it would be rad if they could flex their hours in the spring when they got fresh snow, say a 9am opening, but that type of communication is like going to the moon for The Bowl.
    Last edited by Smokey2012; 12-18-2019 at 05:41 PM.

I have a distinct recollection of taking a mag for a tour a long time ago and I am almost sure I sweet talked Ronnie into selling a one-ride for $10 for that person. But maybe she laughed and told me to fuck off. The Bowl is a helluva drug.

I also remember one year I bought a one-ride at LT and skied with it in my pocket for the entire season and nobody ever asked for it (I did buy tickets if I was going to ride the lifts all day). That was before they put dates on them. GENIUS.

Well, if this god awful plantar fasciitis/gout/arthritis flair up ever goes away, I guess I'll check out the conditions this year.
    Can't even walk much right now even after a Prednisone injection. This sucks.
    I'm fucking miserable.
    Didn't mean to take it out on anyone.
    No longer stuck.

LT has better lift-accessed touring terrain. Highly recommend touring the bowl there and the big chute seen from the ski area. I can't imagine bowl giving a discount for a one ride ticket, that's above their pay grade.

Just here to complain about the weather and the forecast. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Just here to complain about the weather and the forecast. Carry on.
    That was one weak-ass storm vs. what they were forecasting.

Sometimes they just stall out at Lookout Pass and also wtf it's warm.
    No longer stuck.

Nice Spring day out!

I'm sitting here in gout induced, non-skiing hell. Can't even have a drink.
    Please help.
    No longer stuck.

Wrong form Jong. GFO!

Take a trip to spokompton and grab some of those sweet edibles and/or WA bud. Good for rainy day entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My flatmate could supply me with more cannabinoids than I could ever use.
    Thanks for not being at all helpful anyone.
    And I don't need some fascists puritans jacking me as soon as I cross back through Idaho. They sit and wait for that. Isn't that what happened to Little Big Lost? Yeah, no thanks.
    No longer stuck.

Sooo... since the ski off appears to be out of the question, does that mean you and rasputin are gonna... um... y'know...

Do it?

Gonna be a rough hookup sober.
    (I also can't drink right now)

This all hit when I got back from Kalispell. Is this what I get from not doing lunch with you whenever I'm there? It was a business trip!
    No longer stuck.

Holy fuck.. new to this thread and all I can say is it needs to fucking snow! I can only ride the beginner lift at disco for so long. Oh well I'm gonna go tie one on with all the other santa stumblers.