Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4758
    If they get this shit fixed I might come over for a day this week. Looks like Missoula is the "warm" corner of the state for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Haha...fucking Snowbowl. If it didn't have such great terrain they could never get away with this mickey mouse shit.

Needs new owners. Nothing against the M's but the ski area and Missoula community has just outgrown them and their ownership style.
    To give them some credit, I saw they replaced the frayed vintage hemp rescue ropes with nylon static lines.

Haha...fucking Snowbowl. If it didn't have such great terrain they could never get away with this mickey mouse shit.
    To be fair, besides the terrain, I have also gotten many knee deep turns over the past three days.

But otherwise, yeah. Third day in a row with notable lift problems.

Quote Originally Posted by drdirt View Post
    To give them some credit, I saw they replaced the frayed vintage hemp rescue ropes with nylon static lines.
    Must have found an angel investor.

Love the Bowl but it's fun to rag on the place.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру

Needs new owners. Nothing against the M's but the ski area and Missoula community has just outgrown them and their ownership style.
    I think that's fair to say.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I probably skied close to 100 days(okay mostly mornings and a few afternoons) @ the bowl and I never got evacd off the lift. I feel like I missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I knew it was going to be bad when I saw a car with Minnesota plates coming down the road in MY lane, not down the middle, but fully in the uphill lane. They moved to the middle when they saw that I wasn't going to drive into the ditch.

There are many people in Missoula who won't buy snow tires because "It doesn't snow that much" or because their tires are "all season". Many of the women who are drawn to the mountain by the "For Women Only" program fall into this category. Add brake mashing, and a lack of understanding of why their automatic transmission has low gears, and the ditch is well populated every Friday when there's snow on the road. Last year on a FWO Friday, I saw five cars in the Permafrost ditch all at the same time.
    You bragging about your downhill driving skills? Seem to recall you have not always made it out of the uphill lane yourself.

Something's wrong with me. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning even though it's still snowing. Probably depression and body aches, but I'm also pretty sure it might be that I justed wanted to see the lifts run a full day without any problems before trying again. Tuesday should still be good. And cold.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Sweet pics! you should submit #2 in the maggot photo contest

Is that the rock drop in Far East? Actually it looks bigger. Anyway, yesterday was fun. Wasn't even too cold. About as dry as the snow gets around here.
    Getting back in enough shape to do multiple top to bottoms runs, but omg my back hurts today.
    Worth it.
    No longer stuck.

I like the "use a partner" signs for TV Mountain. Because sometimes you just wanna use somebody. Or get used.
    No longer stuck.

Anyone been up the past few days to comment on snow quality? Now that the Temps are moderating, I'm thinking of skiing Monday

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I and probably everyone else in Missoula will be there tomorrow. Snow is good. The snow that fell is so dry that any wind should have filled in trees and leeward runs. Or so I hear. 24 is gonna feel like t shirt weather!
    Forecast is for 3-7. I guess Seattle got most of the snow, ha.
    Looked at those photos more closely. Guess I have no idea where that is.
    No longer stuck.

Ok, maybe tomorrow. Got too much shit to do and other things
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Anyone been up the past few days to comment on snow quality?
    Great snow up there today. No lines at all. Should be a really good week.

Fuck yes.
    No longer stuck.

My schedule is looking open for an afternoon session tomorrow. See ya there...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

If you see a dude chilling in the back of a dark gray Subaru Impreza wagon, I may have a beer for you if you ask me if I'm training for Alaska.
    That's my covid lunch/aprés
    No longer stuck.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee
    Getting back in shape, so that's nice. 3 top to bottoms after a warmup under LaValle then over to Snowpark after lunch. Meadows was lit. Should be refilled for tomorrow. I think I'll be able to move tomorrow morning.
    No longer stuck.

Agree, it's in really good shape. I was late leaving due to work. Top of griz for the first run at 1:30. Upper Paradise entrance towards the cliffs (windows?) was good. Far East might have been better; to a surprisingly good upper chicken chute.

But I always enjoy upper Griz face for some wide open turns. A few runs on that to wrap up the day.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I think I had first (public) tracks in Meadows. There was a track mostly to the side, but my guess is that was ski patrol. Kind of seemed like the tracks went over to check the snowpack at the end of the cliffs above where we ski.
    Weeeeeeeeeee
    Windows was west of West ridge, I thought. All those trees and down to the gully and back up the other side. You've probably skied it without even realizing it if you started down the ridge and went kinda left.
    No longer stuck.

Windows was west of West ridge, I thought. All those trees and down to the gully and back up the other side. You've probably skied it without even realizing it if you started down the ridge and went kinda left.
    If you are skiing down West Ridge and turn left you are not moving west and you most definitely do not end up in Windows.

LMAO I meant right. I swear I must have some of my Dad's dyslexia when it comes to left/right or even east/west.
    No longer stuck.

Looking forward to the next refresh, but there are still some good turns to be found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0292.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	364002

Thought that I’d finally pop my Lift Evac cherry today when I saw some guy get taken for a ride around the bullwheel when his pack got stuck. Tripped the e-brake and derail sensors apparently, and took 20 minutes for the patrollers to get there and get it running again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63554392574__FD2DF65A-55F5-470F-84F5-899761435778.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	364003

Decided to call it a day after that and bailed.

That looks like an eminently jumpable spot.