Page 164 of 191 FirstFirst ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4757
    Up TV from the base?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Looking forward to next season with an absolutely pointless new chair and the same broke-ass old ones that are actually necessary to get around. Fuck yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Up TV from the base?
    Yes.
    It'll spread out the line, if anything.
    Some corn in the bowls would be fun. Especially if I can get my penguin suit going.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hard for me to believe the M's are still hanging onto that place. They gotta be well past retirement age by now I would think.
    Their son, who is nearly a lawyer, has taken over the role of regularly yelling at people on the deck. The M family legacy lives on.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Their son, who is nearly a lawyer, has taken over the role of regularly yelling at people on the deck. The M family legacy lives on.
    From what I've been told, Andy very much wants out of the family business.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I love the bowl the way it is...

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    I love the bowl the way it is...
    Same. And, as a guy with two younger kids, Snowpark was an AWESOME addition but I just can't grasp the need for a new lift from the base to the top of TV when Lavelle and Griz both have so many recurring issues.

Yeah, would be great if they're management style was in touch with a world after 1995 (1985?).
    No longer stuck.

Same. And, as a guy with two younger kids, Snowpark was an AWESOME addition but I just can't grasp the need for a new lift from the base to the top of TV when Lavelle and Griz both have so many recurring issues.
    For sure. I mean, in the grand scheme of things a lift on the TV mountain makes good sense. Another lift out at the base area will make a huge difference, especially on powder days once the upper face of TV gets its runs cut.

But my God do they need to replace Griz and Lavelle. Ticking time bombs at this point. What they should do is pull a Bridger and get themselves Doppelmeyer replacements.

The lifts certainly are not ticking time bombs.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Most men marry women who remind them of their mothers. How is he going to find a girl with a hair lip ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Can we get lost trail to open back up?

Anyone wanna go on an adventure Wednesday?
    (I'm busy tomorrow. But actually my jobs are in Hamilton and Victor. Adventure tomorrow afternoon?)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220411-112418_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	412737
    No longer stuck.

1 job cancelled. More free time tomorrow.
    Btw, do they let you park and skin up right there?
    No longer stuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camp1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	254.9 KB 
ID:	412813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camp2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	412814

Any Western Montana mags looking for a camper for a 1/2 ton? I've had this beauty since 2008. Shes a little rough around the edges but still has lots of life left. There has been leaks in the ceiling so its not pretty but it gets it done. Not many campers floating around that come in at 1300lbs $800

Meandered around the Rattlesnake on Monday. Started at the Ravine TH and walked to about 5,500' before skinning. Found surprisingly light, loose powder on steeper north aspects and some degree of wind-affected mank on all other aspects. Everything was wet and gloppy by 2 pm and getting to and down Snowbowl was hellish, though we were surprisingly able to ski to the parking lot.

Name:	PXL_20220418_151534664.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1,012.2 KB 
ID:	413782

Name:	PXL_20220418_160032139.MP.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	413783

Name:	IMG_20220420_101326.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	413784

Name:	PXL_20220418_192129832.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	888.9 KB 
ID:	413785

Name:	IMG_20220420_101324.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	413786

Name:	PXL_20220418_194513797.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	413787

Nice photos and impressive terrain. If that is the peak I think it is, wow, big day...but got to ask, why not start at skin up Paradise if planning to go that way out?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Nice photos and impressive terrain. If that is the peak I think it is, wow, big day...but got to ask, why not start at skin up Paradise if planning to go that way out?
    Thanks man. Honestly, we didn't put too much planning into the day. We knew we wanted to go point-to-point and to minimize suffering later in the day, so it made sense for us to start low and on foot and end high and on skis. We got lucky with the new snow and stability and were able to ski some pretty classic terrain that I don't think would have been viable if we had been on top of it an hour or two later.

Screen name is fucking apt.

Where / what is the deal with the triple the Bowl allegedly is putting in? Saw a card at the couch bar

Lookers left of the t-bar base is the base of the new chair. Top is top of TV mtn. You could see the left line cut in the trees from Paradise this year.

As others have previously stated, I'm surprised they didn't invest that cash into into a Lavelle replacement.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thought you fans of center poll Riblet chairs with kids would find it interesting that it is possible to have a safety bar, photo from June mtn couple weekends ago:

Name:	PXL_20220410_200728130.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	413855

I also found it interesting that in the 80's/90's they retrofitted Riblet chairs with Yan( not fun read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yan_Lift ) :
    https://liftblog.com/j1-june-mountain-ca/

I would hope Skytrac would know better than to touch the Bowls Riblets, but they do have "phased lift replacement" program.

So, I went up to The Bowl yesterday, climbed up, and skied West Bowl/ Angel face, and was surprised how much snow is still up there, especially considering it was below average snowfall this season. I didn't even have to take my skis off until I got to the bottom of the rope tow (though it was a very narrow strip of snow down the ramp). The snow was a few inches of mushy goodness (no sticky bother), on a firm base.

The whole maintenance crew, including Pat, were out taking down the tow line for the T-bar, I'm guessing they'll need to be rolling some big equipment through for work on the new lift.

Got a head start on clearing 1513 before the big trail day this Saturday. 3 saws one swamper and a dog got about 250 trees in 5ish miles.
    If you bike in this town then make sure you head over to https://www.mtbmissoula.org/ and your membership is up to date and maybe kick in some extra. An absolutely insane amount of work goes into getting these trails open and ready to ride,

One particularly spicy section.

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	419482

Celebration of the life of Charlie E @ the Wilma 9/4 . Shocked, and sad to learn of his passing. RIP= Rip in pow!

Name:	IMG_7714.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	775.3 KB 
ID:	424397

Took a nice stroll up high today and checked out the new lift line, even chatted with someone working the site.

So the company appears to be fully confident in their installation this year, with the lift running by Christmas. Old logs and deadfall have been cleared for new lift, and concrete for towers have been poured. A giant excavator was busying itself atop TV mtn on a Sunday afternoon, while the bottom revealed that the lower terminal for the Tbar was completely removed, along with the yurt. That lift is never running again in its current location.

The most interesting thing I saw though was a large crew of loggers busily cutting away at the new runs. At least 3-4 runs are actively being mowed down, ranging from the far souther flank to the power line.

Quite the sight to see.