Page 111 of 190 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4750
    The bowl certainly did not get as much as lookout, but it was great skiing nonetheless.

Plenty of untracked areas still at 3pm, and some of the turns off the top were nice and deep.

Fingers crossed for remainder of the week!

Fuck me what a morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Fuck me what a morning.
    Wednesday was better I think...

Gotta do an airport run to Missoula so will be skiing the Bowl this afternoon and Sunday. Green coat, tan pants, gray helmet with a Beehive Basin Brewery sticker, ask change if you see me and let's do a lap.

yeahman, my apologies for not seeing your message earlier. Was only able to ski the last parts of the day today.

Bad news is that the temps crusted-up the lower faces below 7k earlier this week.

Good news is that the upper reaches are unspoiled, as well as any east/west facing tree slopes on the descent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4286.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	269976

Overall it skied surprisingly well in the woods.

Name:	IMG_4273.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	321.7 KB 
ID:	269982

Stumbled across this oddity in the woods. Anybody seen this before?

A little Tree Chute action with senior researcher today, plenty soft in there. Fun to be back on the old stomping grounds. Snowbowl is awesome.

Jenks, sorry I missed ya, be up there all day tomorrow if you are around. I did bump into Rootskier with one of his little rippers, nice to see him. Good snow today but definitely warmed, would be ideal if the cold temps forecast tonight and tomorrow could suck a little moisture out of the snow...

Pretty brisk day out there, but the showers last night set up right over snowbowl for a bonus day. Took a good lap with yeahman today, unfortunately lost him in the lower gully trees before coming out onto the runout. There was one skier track coming out that way before me, was that you?

I think we have to wait for a reset now, looks like pretty dry forecast for this upcoming week.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Pretty brisk day out there, but the showers last night set up right over snowbowl for a bonus day. Took a good lap with yeahman today, unfortunately lost him in the lower gully trees before coming out onto the runout. There was one skier track coming out that way before me, was that you?

I think we have to wait for a reset now, looks like pretty dry forecast for this upcoming week.
    Nice to meet you wordbird, that was a sweet lap. I traversed out to Longhorn and waited a few minutes hoping to get a pic of you, then figured you had dropped in earlier. I should have gone your way.

Anyway fun day bell to bell, I am cooked. Here's some random dude in the morning and some late afternoon sun in the bowls.

Where the fuck is that mailbox? I feel like I've skied all over that place, but I've never seen that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Had a sweet Saturday banging out laps at Lost Trail.

Was told it was “busy” even though I never waited more than 2 minutes to get on the lift.

Sick little spot with little cliff poppers and pow all day. Had some thigh deep gnar at 2 pm in “Area 51”... lol

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Pretty brisk day out there, but the showers last night set up right over snowbowl for a bonus day.
    How is the nose feeling man? When I saw you at noon there was a significant patch of discoloration on it from the cold. Hope it made it through the rest of the day unscathed.

The lady insisted I take her to the bowl yesterday with all the new snow. Wind chills made for some fun chair rides, but it was a great opportunity for her to work on the deeper-snow skiing.

Name:	snowbowl_feb18th2019.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	270251

Name:	snowbowl_feb18th2019_02.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	270252

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Where the fuck is that mailbox? I feel like I've skied all over that place, but I've never seen that.
    Out past the nuts. Not sure I could find it again very easily.

She looks like she doesn't have much to work on! Way to go

Nice pics Jenks! Looks like she's having a great time. It was deeeep yesterday in places for sure. Took my first run with 96 underfoot and I was like no way, there's two foot drifts in west bowl, so I skied straight to the car and grabbed some fat boards and the rest of the day was money. I feel fortunate to have hit a couple of great days on my trip over there.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    How is the nose feeling man? When I saw you at noon there was a significant patch of discoloration on it from the cold. Hope it made it through the rest of the day unscathed.
    Haha it was the most laps i've taken in this cold(3 and a half). Was done after meeting you up there, would have liked to do some power lines though I bet they were good. Maybe next weekend.

This is pretty good but everyone should give Kyle (who used to post here regularly) shit for saying the Bowl has just over 2000' of vertical. And the guy who knocked over all the skis...classic. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=811305312544722

Yep, that was a pretty important spec to mess up. And whoever made the video definitely should have fact-checked the vertical drop before leaving that in there. Oh well, it's a done deal now. (And yes, the guy knocking all the skis over is awesome!)

Oh great, even more advertisements for Montanan tourism.

That video was practically huffing it's own farts.

I knocked over all the skis there one time too

Hope everybody is ready for tomorrow. It's gonna be cold & deeeeeeeep

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    It was so cold today, that after riding to the top once, I decided to ski off of Griz the rest of the day. We were brutalized by a ferocious East wind, with blowing snow, at five below zero, straight in our faces on the LaVelle. Neck gator, and putting the hands in front of my face wasn't enough to keep it from hurting.

Supposed to be cold tomorrow too. The winds are supposed to be 15 -20 mph with 28 mph gusts, creating wind chill values as low as TWENTY-TWO below zero! BE AFRAID!! BE VERY, VERY AFRAID!!!! STAY HOME IN DROVES!!! It will be painfully cold, for reals!

There will be wind drift, wind slab and wind scour, it will be variable.

All in all, I think folks should just stay home until warmer weather comes, wouldn't want to risk frost bite, too cold to have any fun anyway.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Surprised they weren't on wind hold today. At least it's dumping. Snow must be good.

I should be up tomorrow. You know what I look like. Maybe I'll see some of you and we can do a lap.

Another good day at the bowl!

Sick.9 on the sicktor scale. Rode a lift with Rasputin. And 3/4 of one with Paul Bird before I looked to see the person beside me. The Oscars. GaGa. just filling seats today.