Page 56 of 191 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4757
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	396107_353869314641512_168785136483265_1345449_1096511701_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	108620

Absolutely the best photos I've seen coming out of Snowbowl. Good on patrol for getting shit open on time last week. Much of last year that wasn't usually the case.

Hey tetzen, if you ever want someone to take some photos drop me a line. Not that I'm a pro, but hey.

It's on again!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	396107_353869314641512_168785136483265_1345449_1096511701_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	108620

Absolutely the best photos I've seen coming out of Snowbowl. Good on patrol for getting shit open on time last week. Much of last year that wasn't usually the case.

Hey tetzen, if you ever want someone to take some photos drop me a line. Not that I'm a pro, but hey.
    all of the photos of the bomb runs were taken by a current student and volunteer patroller on his first bomb run with a go pro. he works at the shop with me. he also runs the snowbowl patrol facebook page.

I just wanted to clarify that snowbowl had NOTHING to do with those photos, as you might suspect.

still super rad though. he also has video. not sure if there is an edit yet.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

It was actually fairly awesome today.
    No longer stuck.

It was actually fairly awesome today.
    Agreed! West Ridge held some goods and the trees around under the A-frame(still new to the bowl....is there a name for this area?) were soft and buttery. If they get even just a couple more inches tonight, tomorrow should be another fun one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Caray View Post
    the trees around under the A-frame(still new to the bowl....is there a name for this area?)
    Yes. A-Frame.

^Right on. Thanks! I could've guessed, I suppose

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Tomorrow ought to be pretty good even if no new snow falls, because the wind was blowing most of the snow out of the trees and redistributing it. Sweet drifts in some places, and wind scrub in others. The Bowl!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

lhowemt is offline gaper-'airin out my teeth
    The trail just reported Lavelle is going to be closed for a week.

Unhappy

My wife was up there at the bottom of the lift when it broke. She told me the top lifty stopped the lift because it was smoking. She had to walk out from the base of Lavelle.

Oh well. 15 minute hikes to unskied bowls. It might actually be good if they keep everything open.

lhowemt is offline gaper-'airin out my teeth
    Yeah, just pretend you are at Bridger!

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Oh well. 15 minute hikes to unskied bowls. It might actually be good if they keep everything open.
    I like the way you think.

Wow, closed for a week, they sure got that info out quickly.

LaVelle was making some unfamiliar noises at the top when I got off it today (I got one Bowl Run in). Bummer, I have a sneaking suspicion that there's a problem with the newly rebuilt gearbox, but that is just idle speculation, not based on talking to anyone who actually knows.

Heh, I guess I'll have to do some climbing this week.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

From the Bowl on Facebook: "Hey Folks, we are having a motor issue with Lavelle and it is currently down. The electrician (who rebuilt it for us this summer) is looking at it as we speak. We should have more information by the end of the day. We are not anticipating being closed for a week as some media outlets have announced (without clarification from us). Thanks for your understanding."

was up at the bowl last weekend. First time there. I skied on the top for awhile then got hungry and decided to head down to the bar. Took a run called "paradise" cuz it was marked with a blue sign. Pretty steep and gnarly. It should be rated a dark blue or even light black. I caught air off a roadcut about halfway down though, which was cool. I've got the run on my gopro. stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger woods View Post
    was up at the bowl last weekend. First time there. I skied on the top for awhile then got hungry and decided to head down to the bar. Took a run called "paradise" cuz it was marked with a blue sign. Pretty steep and gnarly. It should be rated a dark blue or even light black. I caught air off a roadcut about halfway down though, which was cool. I've got the run on my gopro. stay tuned.
    ^^ this should be solid gold....

tic, toc, tic, toc...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Huh. I was going to get to the Bowl tomorrow for the first time in hopes of banging out a bunch of laps. Rasputin how was the snow on the lap you got? Worth the hike if you only have until 1pm and have to buy a ticket tomorrow? I'm cool with earning my turns, but could also snag a quick tour before work and save the cash if things aren't that soft up there anymore.

so whats up w/ yer snowpack stability???? heard tell stories of deep facets lurking. please enlighten me. thinking of a missions mission next month.

Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    Huh. I was going to get to the Bowl tomorrow for the first time in hopes of banging out a bunch of laps. Rasputin how was the snow on the lap you got? Worth the hike if you only have until 1pm and have to buy a ticket tomorrow? I'm cool with earning my turns, but could also snag a quick tour before work and save the cash if things aren't that soft up there anymore.
    The Bowl was skiing sweet today, but there was a fair amount of sun on it, so it could have gotten a bit scorched, in which case it may well set up a bit tonight. There is probably a fair amount of good soft turns to be had, if one knows where to look, but anything that wasn't shaded today will likely have a bit of a crust.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger woods View Post
    Someone is Bozeman is jealous.

not bad news on Facebook:
    "Latest update: Our maintenance dept. has informed us that the issue has been identified with the LaVelle chairlift, and they will be able to begin repairing it early Sat. morning. We anticipate the upper chairlift will be operable by Sunday. Our lower lifts including Grizzly Chairlift and the T-Bar and Rope tow will be operational Saturday. In anticaption of LaVelle being closed Sat. we will increase the grooming on the lower half of the mountain. We apologize for any inconvenience, and please stay tuned for updates as we receive them."

High pressure sucks, anyway, there's no new snow.
    No longer stuck.

Sweet, one day down will protect the bowls from the Saturday horde, and give the wind a chance to level them out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    so whats up w/ yer snowpack stability???? heard tell stories of deep facets lurking. please enlighten me. thinking of a missions mission next month.
    It's tricky right now. Mission have a meaty slab (100-125cm) sitting on a Dec. PWL. Not really the time to step to stout lines, but the Missions have it all if you choose you tour wisely. It's an instability thats not going away anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    The Bowl was skiing sweet today...
    Thanks for the info. Tickets are $30 tomorrow so that and more than likely thin crowds definitely make it worth while.

I know snowbowl has a long history of PR incidents and local drama around these parts, but doing discounted tickets and setting up a "race" to the top tomorrow is pretty impressive PR from my point of view.

thanx smokey for confirming what i have been hearing. prolly wont bother w/ the effort if the fine lines aren't in play.