Page 67 of 191 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4757
    I was a bowl pass holder for 12 years here are my two cents:
    The bowl is a great mountain if you want to get away from people and spend some time in the woods. It got a super short drive and shorter lines. Maybe this has changed, but it didn't seem like it when I came to visit last week. Its a mountain filled with nooks and cranies tucked into the woods and cliffs that provide skiers with just enough of a challenge to make you feel good about yourself. It also has the best ski bar I have ever been to (great food affordable drinks). Sure the owners are weird, but if you don't run your mouth off and smile at them every year when you pick up your pass, they will leave you alone. Like I said, it used to be a place to go to get away from everyone. Has that really changed?

I hate to interrupt the bowl hate fest, but did anyone happen to snap pics of a dude with a huge mohawk ripping up the bumbs on angel face yesterday?
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I can barely type or talk to people intelligibly right now, and I need to talk to Financial Aid at the U to see why I don't have any.

The way I feel right now, the place I'm in in my life, I see why a less sane person would shoot up a movie theater. No, I would never do anything like that, but hey, they guy's gonna get free room and boards for the rest of his life and never have to worry about money or a job or bills or skiing or whatever again.

I'm losing grip on myself, here.
    Bumping this quote, dude, you need some mental help, serious concern there pods. A computer geek with an agro bitch axe to grind with the world is not healthy. Add to that a stalker mentality, and boom!!!!

I was here to check up north conditions and wow. what a classic meltdown.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    ...and I'm sure the runout is fine, just have to slow down, but it's funny how much of a ruckus it caused last year.
    It is totally fine. The only way to get there is via black runs and it is a light blue run. Folks show up with blown quads at the delta and rather than taking a few seconds and skiing it safely, they just try to survive and point it flailing heavily and endangering others. It is people at fault, not the outrun. So you can see why corncobSTUCKinbuttt has problems. It is amazingly shallow and simple considering the negative attention it gets.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

All I said was I was tired when I got down to it, for someone who tells people to chill, you're sure vitriolic.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Hey it's snowing out!

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Am I the only one who likes rallying up the snowbowl road? Of course I am not passing people on the right but I damn well love drifting some of those turns.

Just the two of us I guess.
    I don't pass people on the right, either.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ecowhit View Post
    Did it snow over there or what?
    Yes, and it was good. But you'd never know it from this shitshow of a thread.

Finally, one last comment on the stuck issue -- Dude, if you ever decide that just maybe, perhaps, you overreacted and could have handled the situation better, Ronnie might be willing to talk to you about it. I personally know at least one person who was banned for LIFE and guess what -- he's now back at the bowl, killin' it.

Anyways, whatever happened, I hope you get over it. Pissed off, defensive about everything, and with a $475 pass burning a hole in your pocket is no way to go through life.

pretty good but slightly cold day up there today. Who wants to guess what everyone was talking about in the bar at lunch?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Bumping this quote, dude, you need some mental help, serious concern there pods. A computer geek with an agro bitch axe to grind with the world is not healthy. Add to that a stalker mentality, and boom!!!!

I was here to check up north conditions and wow. what a classic meltdown.
    yikes. missed that little rant.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    yikes. missed that little rant.
    It actually is kind of frightening. Its not a joke that professional help may be a good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold View Post
    Am I the only one who likes rallying up the snowbowl road?
    How can you not?

A clean pass (clean = left side) on an icy mountain road should be part of any driver's exam. Bonus points if all 4 wheels are drifting during the pass. Double bonus points if you're in a two wheel drive vehicle.

Seriously though. If I got back every minute of my life spent behind some sunday driver toodling up (or down) the snowbowl road, I'd probably have enough time to collate all of the stoke in this thread into one, fairly short page and put the drama in the remaining 66 pages.

Bonus points for not using the pedals much on the way down and using the gears and engine to control your car so you don't go sliding into a ravine.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Bonus points for not using the pedals much on the way down and using the gears and engine to control your car
    Ya, Thats called 'down-shifting'...maybe you're not the right person to be rallying on the right....i mean, you ARE from NY right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    It was a ruckus because they made it a ruckus. That's how they are. As far as entitled and childish, if they don't want to let me ski there because of something that I did when I wasn't there, then they are taking my money, but not giving me the service I pay for. That's typically called stealing. Or breach of contract, or whatever.

It's fine, they just won't get any more of my money, nor will Last Run Inn, since they pay Snowbowl to be there. That also means, unfortunately, that the bartenders, ski patrol, and others who are totally cool will not be getting it either. See? You wanna talk having a douche attitude? Well if Snowbowl wants to have a douche attitude, it'll effect them and the people around them too. Shit goes both ways.
    Congrats, Snowbowl crew, you obviously fit in well there. See you at Losttrail next year.
    You overestimate the importance of your money, to Snowbowl you became a liability when you passed the Bus, which is part of Snowbowl's operation BTW. The little money you spend on the mountain doesn't compare to the perception of danger which passing a schoolbus creates.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

When did I pass a bus?

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

I've passed and been passed on the bowl road many times - but only in the middle mile that is somewhat straightish, the other 4-5 miles are just too curvy/narrow.

All part of the charm . . . which again, inspires most people because once one recognizes how good it can be there then you can stop with all the complaining about how you think the place should be managed or ran. It's a community of folks who love to ski and ride.

to quote some friends . . .

Just pulled up a pew at the church of holy snowy redeemers.

Moonlight didn't get the total snowfall that the bowl got, but still serves up the powder, packed powder, and machine groomed runs - headwaters > alder gulch skiied soft and deep in spots

When did I pass a bus?

Sent from my DROID2
    Payback is a bitch?

You were speeding, passing a loaded School Bus, on the right, on a snowy road, getting your pass pulled, causing a scene in the liftline, pissing off the ski patrol/instructors and the mountain manager. Sounds like a douche parade.

what, you want kudos?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

It's just that I think I would have noticed if there was a big yellow schoolbus I couldn't get around. So, no, that wasn't me either.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Alright Alex, its time to clear the air and put and end to this mess.

Did you pass on the right?

Did you pass a school bus?

Were you banned for the day or for the season?

FWIW, I have met Alex and he does not match his TGR persona.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    All part of the charm . . . which again, inspires most people because once one recognizes how good it can be there then you can stop with all the complaining about how you think the place should be managed or ran. It's a community of folks who love to ski and ride.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've been in Bozeman now for 4 years and I miss the skiing and the all the vibe of the bowl a lot.
    I still consider it my skiing home.
    Thanks for the picture. When I heard he was going to be riding over there I almost loaded the kids into the car a drove over. Now I kind of wish I had.

My roommate and I bought a car together in 2000. It was sweet ass Honda Acord we paid 5K for. The second day we had it we were coming down from the bowl (it was SUPER slick). Some dude in a pick up comes barreling down the road and starts tailing us hard through the three tighter curves before you get to the first houses. We were going to pull over and let him go by as soon as we could, but we ended up putting it into the inside ditch before then. The dude couldn't turn to miss us and ripped off the back right fender of the car. It was the greatest thing that could have ever happened... The insurance company totaled it, we duck taped the trunk closed, and put a 200 dollar stereo into the thing. It was the greatest FREE skimobile Western Montana had ever seen!
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

I did not pass a bus
    I did not pass any vehicle on the right
    I was banned for the only day I had to ski in a while and it also happened to be the biggest day of the year. I was really all I had to look forward to for a while.

Did I over react? Probably. Picture the seen: you are confronted at your car by 3 people, 1 of whom demanding your name etc. All too frequently, a story with "confronted at his car" ends with "is in critical condition at the local hospital." Little defensive? Oh yeah. Then add all the adrenaline in the air on a big day in a low snow year and a person with little elsewhere to go but up, and a douche instructor who thinks he's hot shit, and you've got a confrontation on your hands that will be memorable for everyone.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

spook Guest
    are you big enough to have a scenario end with "in critical condition in the hospital"? or small enough?

Edit: never mind
    Spook, I'm sure if you think hard enough and you use your words you can figure it out on your own. Can't delete posts on the android app?

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

spook Guest
    honestly, i can't. i don't pay too much attention. just glancing blows when i hop on the bandwagon and pile on. from the image in my head, i was guessing three on one would have put you in the hospital, whereas one on one would have just been embarrassing and mildly painful.