Page 98 of 190 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4750
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Sunday at the was good up high, but very warm, and foggy, and it rained on the lower mountain; Monday was great on the top half (foggy again), with a collapsing rain crust under a couple inches of new (with more coming, it was snowing steadily at the end of the day). Monday was much better than Sunday, but there was still gummy warm snow to contend with, it had just moved down the mountain a couple hundred vertical feet.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

One man's rain is another man's wet snow.

Maybe I'll take a few laps this afternoon. Anyone else?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Trees past west ridge/bowl were okay this morning, not deep, but definitely nice wind deposits of dryish 2 or 3" overnight snow on top of the weekends concrete for the first 15 turns or so. Bottom was garbage as far as usual garbage goes at the bowl. I preferred the deep concrete on sunday at disco, but maybe i'm just a snowboarder. Also nice steep short runs there. Top 3 turns even resulted in the white room. If thursday just ends up being concrete and not rain I think friday cool down dump could be pushing the bowl into ****/**** territory.

Sidenote: weekend warriors & kid supervisors are running out of sick days at this point, parking lot half full at 12:10 when i was leaving after 4 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    One man's rain is another man's wet snow.
    We got to see 2-3" of "wet snow" fall at Downing Mountain this weekend. Good weather for books, beer, and going back to SW Montana.

Oh, now I know why I didn't go skiing
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    We got to see 2-3" of "wet snow" fall at Downing Mountain this weekend. Good weather for books, beer, and going back to SW Montana.
    Bummer. We got rained out for 5 consecutive days there last March during a level II AIARE class.

Oh boy!

What a delivery!!!

You got a date Wednesday, baby
    No longer stuck.

Why are they still blowing snow? Seems like their base is assured for the remaining six weeks of the season.

No idea. It can melt off pretty fast though, down low
    No longer stuck.

My guess is that they are getting ready for the series of events coming up. The telemark dual slalom starts this weekend, and the Gelande cup is the following weekend too.

https://www.montanasnowbowl.com/winter-events/

Still though, it does seem out of place this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    Why are they still blowing snow? Seems like their base is assured for the remaining six weeks of the season.
    Because Paradise sucks when the dirt starts showing?

Because Paradise sucks when the dirt starts showing?
    A little bit of dirt in the trail ever bothered Snowbowl?

Fair point.

Lol
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    A little bit of dirt in the trail ever bothered Snowbowl?
    You should make up your mind. First you complain about them making snow, then make a snarky remark about them not caring about not having enough.

Wait a minute, are you a woman? In that case I guess that makes sense.

They make snow on Longhorn when it's cold enough because it has the most exposure to the spring sunshine, melts off quickly, and for the ticket buying intermediates, having more than one groomer to the bottom is important. They make snow on Sunrise Bowl because the race events and programs are a significant source of income, and it has to be deep enough to anchor gates (this has been a problem before in years they can't make snow due to warm weather).

Oh, and holy shit, much snow is falling and my knee is all swollen up, damn deteriorating knee cartilage.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

What is the name of the bump sorta between Point Six and the Cornice? You could ski off it north into Alaska or south back to Whitebark Pine?

Talking about this: https://www.google.com/maps/place/47...4d-113.9969862

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    You should make up your mind. First you complain about them making snow, then make a snarky remark about them not caring about not having enough.

Wait a minute, are you a woman? In that case I guess that makes sense.

They make snow on Longhorn when it's cold enough because it has the most exposure to the spring sunshine, melts off quickly, and for the ticket buying intermediates, having more than one groomer to the bottom is important. They make snow on Sunrise Bowl because the race events and programs are a significant source of income, and it has to be deep enough to anchor gates (this has been a problem before in years they can't make snow due to warm weather).

Oh, and holy shit, much snow is falling and my knee is all swollen up, damn deteriorating knee cartilage.
    Yes I'm just a wishy washy complaining woman. Just legitimately wondering why they would spend money to blow snow during a huge snow year? But thanks for your answer.

^^^likely doesn't cost them anything. They buy power for the year, not for usage.

Heading to Seeley Lake next week. Anyone have beta on sled ski zones in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sorry you all missed the best day of the year. 14" and approximately 14 people.

It was an excellent day. Tomorrow and Friday might be just as good if not better

It was the best day I've skied this season, but all I missed was the second half of the day, earning a living is mighty inconvenient sometimes.

As for the number of skiers, there were a couple hundred at opening bell, but I didn't see them on the slopes, though they were easy enough to hear, whooping it up.

Judging by the way it's been raining in town, tomorrow might be better still.

W00t w00t!