Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2842
  1. #1401
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    enjoy free snow
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    Thanks for the info. Tickets are $30 tomorrow so that and more than likely thin crowds definitely make it worth while.

    I know snowbowl has a long history of PR incidents and local drama around these parts, but doing discounted tickets and setting up a "race" to the top tomorrow is pretty impressive PR from my point of view.
    When life gives you lemons . . . .

    the race is a good move on Brad's part, he loves to ski and otherwise keeps a pretty low profile. All the drama usually comes from the drunken mouth-breathing know-it-alls.

    See you on top!

  2. #1402
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Retardbumville
    Posts
    554
    My nose is suffed up.

  3. #1403
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    where the rough and fluff live
    Posts
    4,189
    Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    Thanks for the info. Tickets are $30 tomorrow so that and more than likely thin crowds definitely make it worth while.

    I know snowbowl has a long history of PR incidents and local drama around these parts, but doing discounted tickets and setting up a "race" to the top tomorrow is pretty impressive PR from my point of view.
    yeah maybe they should pay you to "do PR" because those of us who have skied there a long time know for sure that it's "PR" that keeps the Bowl running. just like dipshit Will Ferrell and "more cowbell," you can make your sales pitch "more PR!"

    that's right up there with giving desk jockey poseurs the "stoke" that keeps TGR being a Gaperfest!

  4. #1404
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    3,751
    Race to the top huh, well that was an uncharacteristically quick response. It's a PR TRIUMPH!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

  5. #1405
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284
    Some speed flying I've done on Sentinel over the past month. Some with skis, some without. It's HD on the vimeo site if you like.


  6. #1406
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Retardbumville
    Posts
    554
    You get 500,000 gnar points,how did you keep your balls from hitting the M as you flew over?

  7. #1407
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    90
    Are jeans official speed flying wear?

  8. #1408
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    enjoy free snow
    Posts
    191
    Nice flyin tetzen!!

    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Race to the top huh, well that was an uncharacteristically quick response. It's a PR TRIUMPH!
    FTW!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159198.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	108899

  9. #1409
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    90
    Best "zero" inches of new I've ever skied A lot of fun up top this morning.

  10. #1410
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hugh's Mom's House
    Posts
    11,574
    Top to bottom windbuff FTmotherfuckingW.

  11. #1411
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Caray View Post
    Are jeans official speed flying wear?
    Hah, when it's 45 in January they sure are, plus they make me go faster!

  12. #1412
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    thanx smokey for confirming what i have been hearing. prolly wont bother w/ the effort if the fine lines aren't in play.
    Late march is the best time in the Missions IMHO. Late April to early May also offers great touring and the trailheads can be accessed too.

  13. #1413
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    716
    I just got back from 3 days up at yurtski in the Swan range, it was amazing! They had about 12" of new snow from thursday, then another 3-4" last night. The snow was great, and it was pretty funny to leave their 7' base to come back to almost t-shirt weather and grass in Bozeman (again). There's good skiing to be had around Missoula this year, take advantage of it!

  14. #1414
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    2,817

    Lost Trail tomorrow?

    I've had it with this no snow wasteland in Bozeman. I think I'm going to rally over to Lost Trail tonight, camp in my rig and ski tomorrow. Two things:

    1. Who is skiing there tomorrow? Let's link up. PM me and let's ride.
    2. Car Camping. Can I just post up in their lot when I get their tonight? Or is there somewhere closer where I can park; trail head, etc.?




  15. #1415
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    347
    There are two lots on the north side of the road for XC skiing coming west on 43 from Wisdom, the one for Chief Joseph Pass is further from the road; it's about a mile before the ski area. The other is right at the junction with 93. I can't remember if there is a toilet in either one or not. The rest area right next to LTP is closed for the winter. There's nothing for a ways on 93 though there are a few places closer down into the Big Hole.

  16. #1416
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    montana
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I've had it with this no snow wasteland in Bozeman. I think I'm going to rally over to Lost Trail tonight, camp in my rig and ski tomorrow. Two things:

    1. Who is skiing there tomorrow? Let's link up. PM me and let's ride.
    2. Car Camping. Can I just post up in their lot when I get their tonight? Or is there somewhere closer where I can park; trail head, etc.?

    they usually don't care about parking if you ask first, but your arrival time might prevent that. they're only supposed to get a couple in. tonight, so you most likely won't have an issue with plows. i say just park it in the lot.

  17. #1417
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    where the beer flows like wine
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I've had it with this no snow wasteland in Bozeman. I think I'm going to rally over to Lost Trail tonight, camp in my rig and ski tomorrow. Two things:

    1. Who is skiing there tomorrow? Let's link up. PM me and let's ride.
    2. Car Camping. Can I just post up in their lot when I get their tonight? Or is there somewhere closer where I can park; trail head, etc.?



    I have heard that LT allows overnight car camping. Everyone I know who works there is cool with it. I love powder thursdays but I can't make it tomorrow.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

  18. #1418
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    where the beer flows like wine
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    I just got back from 3 days up at yurtski in the Swan range, it was amazing! They had about 12" of new snow from thursday, then another 3-4" last night. The snow was great, and it was pretty funny to leave their 7' base to come back to almost t-shirt weather and grass in Bozeman (again). There's good skiing to be had around Missoula this year, take advantage of it!
    we were at yurtski Jan 5-8 last month. super bad avy conditions. 'bilers triggered slides on high mark and supernatural bowls by the lookout. a skier triggered a slide in breakfast bowl. we cut the cornice above poop shoot with the Backcountry Bomb. the crown was about 18" deep to the ground almost and about 75 yards wide. ran all the way to the bottom. we farmed out Burned Trees.

    always a good time though and we will be back for sure.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

  19. #1419
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    we were at yurtski Jan 5-8 last month. super bad avy conditions. 'bilers triggered slides on high mark and supernatural bowls by the lookout. a skier triggered a slide in breakfast bowl. we cut the cornice above poop shoot with the Backcountry Bomb. the crown was about 18" deep to the ground almost and about 75 yards wide. ran all the way to the bottom. we farmed out Burned Trees.

    always a good time though and we will be back for sure.
    I had a great time at yurtski just after ya. We were there Jan 13, 14, 15. Despite the lack of new snowfall we still had decent turns. Most of the stuff below the lookout had been slayed from a large sledneck rally but breakfast bowl, poop chute, burnt trees were untouched. I took my nOOb to bc skiing gf and we found plenty of easy lines and she found most of it accessible. Another part of our crew went out to frozen solider and found a lot more instabilities. Have to say, Adam from yurtski was great to work with, I'd recommend them for yurt skiing opportunities. www.yurtski.com Gotta love having them haul a keg with our gear

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010238.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	109246

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010246.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	109247

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010297.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	109248

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010306.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	109249

  20. #1420
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    90
    ^Looks more than decent to me!

    Anyone make it up to the bowl today? With an alleged four inches new, it should've been fun.

  21. #1421
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    716
    I guess I can throw up a couple photos from the yurt.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	422261_10150567998728130_500298129_8757477_956555646_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	109349

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	418547_10150567999118130_500298129_8757482_1480935217_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	109350

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	427460_10150567999033130_500298129_8757481_906552332_n.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	109351

  22. #1422
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    3,751
    Bomber day at The Bowl. It got a bit scorched though, and was setting up in the shadows as the day ended.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

  23. #1423
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    enjoy free snow
    Posts
    191
    Yesterday was good, today should hold more of the same . . . . plus

    Mattie Gibson memorial run this afternoon 4 pm @ the top of Griz

  24. #1424
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Retardbumville
    Posts
    554
    The only way that griz run could have been harder,would be if my boots were unbuckeled.....R.I.P. Matty!

  25. #1425
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    90
    Gettin' better up there. Forecasts look like it will stay cool enough through the week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •