Page 37 of 191 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Don't mean to hijack your thread here guys, but I'm coming down from AB for a visit for a while next week and just after some mags' suggestions on which hills to ski and places to stay in your area. Will be at Whitefish first couple of days to chill out then up for anything good with cheap places to stay. Thinking of Bridger/Bozeman for sure and hoping to make it maybe as far as Jackson too. What am I missing in between? Thanks MT mags!
    http://www.whereiski.com/ - 1600+ ski town networks, all the latest conditions, cheap passes

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by carl2782 View Post
    Don't mean to hijack your thread here guys, but I'm coming down from AB for a visit for a while next week and just after some mags' suggestions on which hills to ski and places to stay in your area. Will be at Whitefish first couple of days to chill out then up for anything good with cheap places to stay. Thinking of Bridger/Bozeman for sure and hoping to make it maybe as far as Jackson too. What am I missing in between? Thanks MT mags!
    Snowbowl is having one of the top three snow years in its history, it would be the year to ski here if there's ever been one. If you plan on riding the lift most of the time, Snowbowl rules over Bridger.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I hope it gets cold and snowy again next week. Bloody weather.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'd prefer more winter too, but the bowls will be soft this afternoon, and that doesn't suck.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Snowbowl is having one of the top three snow years in its history, it would be the year to ski here if there's ever been one. If you plan on riding the lift most of the time, Snowbowl rules over Bridger.
    Thanks Rasputin, any suggestions for places to stay in Missoula?
    http://www.whereiski.com/ - 1600+ ski town networks, all the latest conditions, cheap passes

Quote Originally Posted by carl2782 View Post
    Thanks Rasputin, any suggestions for places to stay in Missoula?
    Well, that depends on what you want and what you can afford. I can tell you that Snowbowl has no frills, inexpensive, slopeside lodging (be sure to call ahead). There are also ski and stay packages offered by nearby motels, check www.montanasnowbowl.com for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Opinions are like assholes.....:-). While the bearded one speaks about the truth on our snow situationbeing truly epic this year. I would have to disagree on the Bridger vs. Snowbowl. BB serves up better steps, better snow, deeper snow, more airs (no contest here), better fall-lines etc. I'm not dissin on Snowbowl, just saying don't pass Bridger up.

we are in whitefish tonight. did the mountain slush up top to bottom? worth paying for a ticket?
    +11'C in missoula right now...

carl: 9 hour drive, but would HIGHLY recommend discovery basin.
    True double black terrain on the backside, under $60 ski AND stay packages.

work your way back thru snowbowl, or thus/friday lookout pass.

then whitefish

http://www.skidiscovery.com/ski_stay.php

http://wintermt.com/Ski_Areas_and_Resorts/

Thanks Rasputin and Mntlion!

How long are you down that way for Dave? We're heading down to Whitefish on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Opinions are like assholes.....:-). While the bearded one speaks about the truth on our snow situationbeing truly epic this year. I would have to disagree on the Bridger vs. Snowbowl. BB serves up better steps, better snow, deeper snow, more airs (no contest here), better fall-lines etc. I'm not dissin on Snowbowl, just saying don't pass Bridger up.
    Meh, Bridger's lift serve is basically ten turns and a runout, unless you want to climb. Slausman's is the exception, but it's vert is short, and it closes fairly often for high winds. The ridge is awe inspiring, but the lifts at Bridger serve about 80% beginner/intermediate terrain.

Oh and +1 on Discovery, it's definitely worth the trip.

I'll also add that Snowbowl is forecast to get much snow for the next three days.

Tuesday: Snow showers. High near 37. South southeast wind around 9 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow showers. Low around 28. West northwest wind 5 to 14 mph becoming east northeast. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow showers. High near 29. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

A VIGOROUS cold front ensuing

Is this storm cycle going to materialize?
    Meh, I might not be able to get any of it.
    Sloppy 5ths on the Weekend maybe.
    No longer stuck.

WOOT, WOOT!

still comin' down...

Probably six inches of tomorrow's snow report for Snowbowl fell during the day today, before close. There was three inches on my car that fell after close.

Skiing The Bowl is recommended Thursday, but feel free to stay home.

Yesterday did not suck.

Also, Rasputin, whats with the board shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by hialtitude View Post
    Yesterday did not suck.

Also, Rasputin, whats with the board shorts?
    those were camo combat shorts not board shorts. board shorts are for hipsters, not Father Time.

and you fuckers can kiss my white rooster tail today.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    those were camo combat shorts not board shorts. board shorts are for hipsters, not Father Time.

and you fuckers can kiss my white rooster tail today.
    Board shorts, combat shorts? Hell no, those are my heavy-snowfall-keep-my-ass-dry shorts. Better than a butt cape, because they keep the top of my legs dry too.

Time to go skiing.

it was heinous today and I suggest all skiers avoid the Bowl and head to Disco or Club LT.

thanks for your cooperation.

Don't worry, I've successfully swamped myself with work/school/internship/etc. And I really hate skiing on Gaper Weekend. I'm heading outta town. Enjoy.
    No longer stuck.

today was decent.

^^^^^ Ah, the best, and blessed, four pack!

In other news, the mountain was favorable today, however even the obscure lines got schralped; I'll be parking the Spats until the next big storm cycle. If you missed it, sorry 'bout your bad luck.

It's in the books, done, nothing left but softish moguls and a bunch of crud. Tomorrow will be glaze ice and chicken heads, one may as well rub a grater against one's face as ski the bowl tomorrow.

'cuz the change in my pocket wasn't enouuuuugh
    fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    No longer stuck.

Is Stuck butt hurt over something? There's news! Go skiing pup, you'll feel better.