Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    So, who was there for that cluster-fuck? Glad I got a pass to a mountain where the lifts don't work.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Welcome to Snowbowl.

It was only down for like 25 minutes in the end.

no. It was not 20 minutes. Much closer to an hour.
    No longer stuck.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    no. It was not 20 minutes. Much closer to an hour.
    Um, unless the lift went down again after I left at two, it was down for very close to 30 min, I timed it.

Heh, lifts going down are part of the Snowbowl experience, it might be a drag, but at least it makes people choose ski elsewhere.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

The Bowl, Friday.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

lol. That what I get for not having a watch and listening to what other people tell me.
    No longer stuck.

Friday was the cat's pajamas, then went to Big Sky for the views. Now the wait is on again.

What the hell is the deal with the wait anyway? I can't for the life of me figure out what the benefit is for them in not opening? Best coverage in recent history, school's out, holiday season and what? For a season that is one of the shorter one's around, why not squeeze out every last day and make some more money.

I'm sure Rasputin will be in here in a second defending Snowbowl's so called decisions. Btw, you should be thinking about joining their workforce, your curdmudgeonly masochistic Snowbowl backslaps are right up their alley

It would be sweet if the mountains around here opened daily and didn't close right before my really late spring break.
    No longer stuck.

I miss the Bowl and more so Garland's bloody's. Good season to you guys! May Garland's bloody be extra spicy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    What the hell is the deal with the wait anyway? I can't for the life of me figure out what the benefit is for them in not opening? Best coverage in recent history, school's out, holiday season and what? For a season that is one of the shorter one's around, why not squeeze out every last day and make some more money.

I'm sure Rasputin will be in here in a second defending Snowbowl's so called decisions. Btw, you should be thinking about joining their workforce, your curdmudgeonly masochistic Snowbowl backslaps are right up their alley
    I guess you weren't around when they used to be closed on Tuesdays all winter, or when they didn't have any real snowmaking and hardly opened before Christmas. That said, logic does not apply to the operation of any ski area, their priorities are different than ours as passholders. Let's just hope they are working the last bugs out of the lift, at least for a couple of weeks.

Heh, I am a bit of a masochist I guess, but I would prefer they'd be open seven days a week already.

Beyond that, I'll echo mercuryhg and say that Snowbowl's priorities are based on their objectives. I'm guessing because they already have people's money for the season passes (and applied most of it to getting the mountain up and runningish), they are waiting to open for midweek operations until the local schools go on winter break, and they can make more money selling tickets than they spend on operations.

On another subject, the Bowl Outrun has been temporarily renamed "Pat's Bumps".

Word from my super secret source is that they are planning on blowing more snow on the outrun this week, before grooming it. The snow-gun that had been up there broke before they were done. With the cold weather this week, we should have another layer of bulletproof manmade by Thursday, which means smaller rocky holes next spring!
    Last edited by Rasputin; 12-06-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    On another subject, the Bowl Outrun has been temporarily renamed "Pat's Bumps".

Word from my super secret source is that they are planning on blowing more snow on the outrun this week, before grooming it.
    This seems crazy. There was PLENTY of snow on that thing to groom it before Friday. I am sure it was a real treat by Sunday.

Plenty of Snow? Never! There are troughs down to the ground already.

The more snow they get on there the better. Personally I like to see it last well into May. Before snowmaking at Snowbowl, often folks who wanted to ski the bowls, would have to hike out the outrun from the bottom of A-Face for the last couple weeks of the season, because snow on the Outrun was gone.

Government meteorologists, clear evidence that the whole medical mj thing is a danger to the workplace.

Glop glop glop, crash. The sounds of skiing the bowls, ending with gapers on the outrun.

Enjoying the finest drizzle and saturated snowpack that LoLo Pass has to offer.

Not quite a glop, stop, and roll. But getting close.

Have two regular and one student Snowbowl coupons for sale. We probably won't be able to use them before heading out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Enjoying the finest drizzle and saturated snowpack that LoLo Pass has to offer.

Not quite a glop, stop, and roll. But getting close.

Have two regular and one student Snowbowl coupons for sale. We probably won't be able to use them before heading out of town.
    Very nice. Care to share the spot on that 2nd photo? It doesn't ring a bell and it looks worth checking out later this winter.

Looks like you guys might have a good Thursday. Hope the storms keep coming through the new year for my visit, seems like a lot of years with early snow end up getting high pressure around xmas.

18" since sunday at Lost Trail, passing on the crew heading down there in hopes that Snowbowl has something decent to offer. But I ain't holding my breath with Stuart Snotel showing 2.6" SWE and only 8" of snow accumlation. SLARVing on my new CRJ's, woohoo

bad call, go to LT!!!

I would be so there if I didn't have a final today...20" vs. 3/6", damn.

The Bowl was pretty sweet today, for those who aren't pussies. Classic variable conditions, powder and rain crust.

Pat's Bumps have been renamed: McKay's Way.

Haha! Gotta love the little shit storm that Betsy Hands is creating about the lift breakdowns. There's an article over on the Independent - http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/...nt?oid=1350437 - that's good for a few laughs. A joke to even think about that legislations, but if nothing else it's bringing some needed attention to the situation.

How was the outrun this weekend?

How was the outrun this weekend?
    Harder and bumpier. It spurred a contest to rename it on Friday night, on the black board, at the Last Run. However Pat's Girlfriend erased it. Among the offending entries were: Pat's Power Trip, Midget Magic, Ronnie's Rutline, and Pat's Painful Passage (I can't remember the rest).

Pat insists that there isn't enough snow on the upper part to groom it without churning up loose rock, and that a few inches on new snow in the ruts would make it groomable.

I'm finding the whole situation amusing this year, the bumps really aren't bothering me, so I feel uninvolved in the dispute, whereas in previous years, I got all hot under the collar, and sounded off loudly about it.

I expect it will be groomed this week and everyone will forget about it as a subplot of the Mt. Dumpy drama until next year.

Oh, and happy first Monday of the season. It looks to have some promise. Woot.

How was the Bowl on Monday? Thinking about heading over there Tuesday.