Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    do i know you? i'm confused.
    I expect there's some irony intended.

Oh, and the Bowl sucked today, except for where it didn't.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

My mom used to iron my jeans, then I would ski in them. The last two days have been awesome! Approaching interstate speeds on the outrun, wow! Fun.

What is this...cold, wind, socked in mountains, and a few flakes flying around? I'm very confused.

No cause for alarm, we'll return to our regularly scheduled suck program.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    What is this...cold, wind, socked in mountains, and a few flakes flying around? I'm very confused.
    I was riding the lift today, and this stuff fell out of the sky and was getting in my eyes; I suppose there is an other need for goggles, besides preventing tears while reaching skin peeling speeds on the Bowl Outrun.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

the 0 inches reported when i initially woke up at 830 this morning prompted me to fall back asleep for some much needed r&r. i hope this stuff i see out my window keeps falling and is doing so more so up in the higher elevations.

Church ,was good today.

Whatever. Even the hard core positive 10 bowl run a day types are breaking down under the stress of the suckage.

13+2=#,runs not beers. u r#6!

run for your lives!

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    13+2=#,runs not beers. u r#6!
    If you actually skied 13 bowl runs today....... well that explains your confusing crazy ass posts.

Come on Zoo Town, not one good picture since Jan 5th? It's snowing up there is'nt it?

No...no it's not.

lolo pass was alright. pretty fun, we just lapped the region by the rest area/ montana sign. the only pics were of my buddy boardin. I am no photographer and often forget to take pictures.
    you can almost see him behind the trees, hah.

^^^ holy shit, that snow pack is low. I don't think I ever remember seeing that many trees poking through, and that was an area I'd hit mostly in the early season.

I saw a sweet pair of BROs for sale for cheap. I thought about it for a minute, but it seems once you go BRO, you're too bad-ass to ski a little shit snow and become a better skier for it. Especially if you don't go with the soft model, it's a little mis-leading. See in order to complain, alot, you need a real stiff ski. So stiff you can't handle so you go home and whine about how bad the Mountain sucks, not you tho.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiekiller View Post
    I saw a sweet pair of BROs for sale for cheap. I thought about it for a minute, but it seems once you go BRO, you're too bad-ass to ski a little shit snow and become a better skier for it. Especially if you don't go with the soft model, it's a little mis-leading. See in order to complain, alot, you need a real stiff ski. So stiff you can't handle so you go home and whine about how bad the Mountain sucks, not you tho.
    Um, some very witty observations, perhaps you should start a thread about it.

Yeah, Zoo town is some of the most marginal skiing in the rockies. Not the ideal place to be a skier.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiekiller View Post
    See in order to complain, alot, you need a real stiff ski. So stiff you can't handle so you go home and whine about how bad the Mountain sucks, not you tho.
    This cracks me up. The best part is that the loudest complainer at the bar on Saturday was a member of the beavertail mafia who claims to ski 10 bowl runs "on the bad days".

And hey, if you are out there killin' it in the bowls right now, props. I saw some kid bust off two high speed 180s, land switch, bust some turns, turn around, and repeat in East Bowl on Saturday and to that dude....you fucking rip.

P.S. Is that dude your avatar the local guy with the public access tv show who has the crucifix in a shoe box? Haven't seen him around lately...but you seem to share his righteous anger.

Quote Originally Posted by nbt View Post
    Yeah, Zoo town is some of the most marginal skiing in the rockies. Not the ideal place to be a skier.
    I lived there for almost 9 years and had some of the best days of my life. The Bowl is the Bowl but there are some damn fine mtns in that region. Plus Missoula is a hell of a place if you are an angler, biker, hiker-backpacker, paddler, rafter, tuber, rock climber, ice climber, paraglider, trail runner, beer drinker, or weed smoker. And, if you are a skier with ample time, ambition, possibly a sled, and the ability to hit the Bowl when it's good, it's a damn fine place to be a skier too .

Bwah ha ha - The beavertail mafia. I saw a woman in the lodge on Sunday with a beavertail down to her ski boots. WTF? It wasn't even snowing so I just had to crack up.

I am not angry, I just get tired of hearing everyone complain, it's not the bowls fault the snow is poor this year. You could be standing in a ridiculous long line at a Colorado resort or taking 6 or 7 turns on some decent terrain and then back out on some groomers in Wyoming or on the high traverse behind 300 people in Utah. I mean, in alot of ways we are pretty fortunate 2600 vertical with the option to not ski a groomed run or see more than a couple people on the same run is pretty amazing in and of itself, even with crappy snow. Count yer blessings or pay a $100 to stand in a lift line somewhere else.

How can I climb Point Six without riding the lifts at MSB? Park below the resort and skin up the east ridge to the top of Lavelle and beyond? Can I skin the ridge and stay out of the resort boundary?

Lot 2- or try to get Ronnie to sell you a single ride ticket,has to be a mellow day,with a waxing moon. That is blue.

Get up there at 7am and skin up Second Thought. I sincerely doubt anyone will care...they might even take pity on you and give you a ride.

or throw the liftie a nug... been know to work. make sure that nobody who seems like they would care is at the lift.