Page 180 of 191 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4758
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    It seems like the Morrises have achieved a new peak of bad PR. You'd think a lawyer would know enough not to say antagonistic things to reporters, especially when everything he's saying is going to fall under national scrutiny; when it comes to doing it wrong, that family are PR geniuses.

I feel bad for the liftie, she's a sweet kid, but I'm surprised she didn't think to call the ski patrol, and tell them about it. The self certification of lifts by ski areas was also a surprise. The tram-way safety board being eliminated, was during the same era as when the power utilities were turned over to business so we could have the price our electricity tripled. Yea deregulation!

From what I'd previously heard, Andy Morris didn't want to run the ski area, and that was at least part of why he went to law school, so seeing him described as the owner was unexpected.

By the way, the skiing was awesome today.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I wonder how far they are going go to push snowbowl on this? Maybe they comply with the order and all is gravy?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is this why I saw so many folks from the zoo over here? I mean we have a sign on the riblet saying "watch your head"....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Is this why I saw so many folks from the zoo over here? I mean we have a sign on the riblet saying "watch your head"....
    I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people changed plans and skied somewhere else. LT is closing this weekend anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    This has gotten enough press that my mother who lives in wisconsin asked me about this because I used to ski there.
    Can confirm. Has been on the news here in Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

W00t w00t!!!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I can't believe the ski patrol director would just throw the liftee under the bus like that. Total lack of leadership all around. Seems like an incredibly toxic place to work.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    I can't believe the ski patrol director would just throw the liftee under the bus like that. Total lack of leadership all around. Seems like an incredibly toxic place to work.
    Yeah, idk how my housemate enjoys it.
    11 days to respond. Fucking brilliant.
    I thought the universal opinion was that Andy was a dipshit and shouldn't be allowed near Snowbowl ops. I guess his parents are finally caving?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

WOOT WOOT! Nukin' in Missoula

Holy wow what a morning so far, and-

-wait….

WOOT WOOT! Nukin' in Missoula

THEY GROOMED PATS BUMPS

Did someone take down Pat's Bumps signage? Haven't seen it in awhile

Based solely on the article posted, I'm going with, "but he's not wrong." I don't think patrol anywhere keeps track of every time the lift stops--that's a lift op responsibility--and, at least at the places I am familiar with, the lifties are expected to call patrol when needed (and say that it is indeed a lift-related incident).

But that quote from Andy that disclaims full understanding of ski lifts...I feel like that might come back to haunt him. But again, he's clearly not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    THEY GROOMED PATS BUMPS
    That happened last weekend too.

Today fucking ruled. 10/10, no notes.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    That happened last weekend too.

Today fucking ruled. 10/10, no notes.
    Oh dear. Have been away from the hill for a bit.

And yes, today was primo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1680485900.499318.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	454176

Name:	Image1680485915.900259.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	454177

Name:	Image1680485955.714583.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	454178

Today was as good a day of skiing as I have ever had, fifteen laps on TV, great deep snow, freshies most of every run. The profound thing about The Bowl currently, is that the lower mountain is as well covered as I have ever seen it. The conditions today would be exceptional at any time during the peak of winter, and it's April!

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Based solely on the article posted, I'm going with, "but he's not wrong." I don't think patrol anywhere keeps track of every time the lift stops--that's a lift op responsibility--and, at least at the places I am familiar with, the lifties are expected to call patrol when needed (and say that it is indeed a lift-related incident).

But that quote from Andy that disclaims full understanding of ski lifts...I feel like that might come back to haunt him. But again, he's clearly not wrong.
    Doesn't matter if he's not wrong. If you're in a position of leadership (like director of ski patrol) you don't throw lower level employees under the bus like that. Criticism of work performance should only be delivered privately and never in a public forum. If the ski patrol guy had accepted some responsibility and apologized then more than likely this whole thing would have been much less an issue. When I'm the on the phone at work and some director starts blaming their analyst for an issue then 100% chance that person is a horrible boss.

My wife read the most recent article in the Helena paper this morning. She knows nothing about the history of Snowbowl and has no bias, but she commented aloud that the Snowbowl contingent came off like assholes.

Doesn't matter if he's not wrong. If you're in a position of leadership (like director of ski patrol) you don't throw lower level employees under the bus like that. Criticism of work performance should only be delivered privately and never in a public forum. If the ski patrol guy had accepted some responsibility and apologized then more than likely this whole thing would have been much less an issue. When I'm the on the phone at work and some director starts blaming their analyst for an issue then 100% chance that person is a horrible boss.
    Fair enough. If I'm reading correctly, the (justifiably) aggrieved party is paraphrasing the response he got after asking a question, and I'm assuming that the answer took a different form when originally given. If the question was, "why didn't you respond to the broken chair?" and the answer was "we're generally keeping an ear on the radio and looking down the hill, so we rely on lift operations to notify us when they need us to respond, and we're working to figure out why that didn't happen in this case", that's rather different from the paraphrased answer but still basically would match a similar set of events. If the answer as paraphrased was a quote from the patrol director, I'd expect it to be a resume-generating opportunity in most places. I have no idea if that applies there.

If he really just blamed the liftie, then I agree, but we only have McLeod's version of what the Patrol Director said, so assuming the accuracy of recall of a traumatized and outraged party is engaging in bias. I don't know McLeod, except for what he's said to the press (and he sure likes talking to them), but I know Art Weir; he is a very mild mannered, and soft spoken man, and McLeod's version seems entirely out of character with the person I know.

It's all just another case of Snowbowl handling their PR incredibly poorly. Snowbowl has lost every single PR battle they've gotten into for as long as I can remember. Which doesn't really matter since they have no competition to speak of. Given that no one was injured, I don't think this current kerfuffle has the legs to impart any lasting changes (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    If he really just blamed the liftie, then I agree, but we only have McLeod's version of what the Patrol Director said, so assuming the accuracy of recall of a traumatized and outraged party is engaging in bias. I don't know McLeod, except for what he's said to the press (and he sure likes talking to them), but I know Art Weir; he is a very mild mannered, and soft spoken man, and McLeod's version seems entirely out of character with the person I know.
    I agree that there is likely a narrator problem.

Brahs, this past weekend was so good I'm still riding the high. So good....

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Ben View Post
    Brahs, this past weekend was so good I'm still riding the high. So good....
    I know, right?!

Woot!

Pretty sweet mountain you all have here, been a fun season getting to know it.

Last weekend was indeed so good. Best weekend of the season for me by far. Wish I could go tomorrow.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps