Page 87 of 190 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4750
    A few of those guys have put together their own little trail system somewhere on private land. I'm hiking with a group up blue mountain tomorrow night so I'll have a better idea of what it's like over there.

Mo Z dries out fast. I would like it better if winter came back, though.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Missoula is no different than any other college town, nobody said it was perfect. It's probably a good title from a publishing perspective, but I hate to see that book hanging around Missoula's neck in perpetuity. I'm sure many will be glad to see Missoula "put in its place." I'm not that cynical and vindictive, especially toward a place I lived many years and have great fondness for.
    The blindness of the willing is a powerful delusion. You probably think it's getting better, just because of the word "soul" in the middle of the name. Keep Missoula Weird -- via gentrification that serves the corrupt. Yep, every college town gives away its water to Carlyle Group. Every college town has crazed coppers off-leash who aren't reined in by the judge. Yep.

The "campus rape" phenomenon is national, but the corruption in Missoula is unique. Romanticizing it won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    The blindness of the willing is a powerful delusion. You probably think it's getting better, just because of the word "soul" in the middle of the name. Keep Missoula Weird -- via gentrification that serves the corrupt. Yep, every college town gives away its water to Carlyle Group. Every college town has crazed coppers off-leash who aren't reined in by the judge. Yep.

The "campus rape" phenomenon is national, but the corruption in Missoula is unique. Romanticizing it won't change that.
    Nothing unique about anything you just mentioned, just run of the mill small town corruption. But I'm willing to read the book and see if it changes my mind.

Has anyone even been skiing at lolo pass lately? Coming to missoula for the weekend and Considering if I should be bringing the gear or not. Pretty much bike mode in helena

Nothing unique about anything you just mentioned, just run of the mill small town corruption. But I'm willing to read the book and see if it changes my mind.
    http://missoulian.com/news/local/doj...a4bcf887a.html

You're totally right. Every small college town I've ever lived in has had the DOJ involved because the DA can't figure out how to properly proceed with sexual assaults.

I only hope that if my teams star QB rapes a couple chicks it's overlooked in favor of a couple of FCS playoff victories.

Star QB was exonerated.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by rkyfrnt View Post
    Has anyone even been skiing at lolo pass lately? Coming to missoula for the weekend and Considering if I should be bringing the gear or not. Pretty much bike mode in helena
    Ugh, it's about to be biking season here. Or maybe I'll make a trip to Helena. Actually, I think it's been snowing up high, and this weekend should see a return to more seasonable temperatures and maybe some snow. No personal info on Lolo, sorry.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    http://missoulian.com/news/local/doj...a4bcf887a.html

You're totally right. Every small college town I've ever lived in has had the DOJ involved because the DA can't figure out how to properly proceed with sexual assaults.

I only hope that if my teams star QB rapes a couple chicks it's overlooked in favor of a couple of FCS playoff victories.
    Don't like the title of the book because I don't like seeing a great place like Missoula tarnished, by name, on a worldwide stage due to the actions (or inaction) of a few corrupt and/or inept dunderheads.

I love your "argument," always veering to the slippery slope of overgeneralization. So, since people are mortal, we should just kill ourselves now? Every similarity or inevitability should be hastened and expanded?

Don't like the title of the book because I don't like seeing a great place like Missoula tarnished, by name, on a worldwide stage due to the actions (or inaction) of a few corrupt and/or inept dunderheads.
    You're a genius, I swear. Carlyle was good for Missoula, and since corruption exists in small amounts everywhere, the massive amount in Missoula city/county govt is fine. Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good! Missoula still has a great image! Boulder of the first decade of the 21st Century, Aspen of the remaining 90 years. In fact, at the end of the 21st C, all past references to "Boulder" and "Aspen" will be replaced with "Missoula," and only the finest progressive people with money and attitude to burn will live there! More bistros, more upscale tchotchke vendors, and for god's sake get us a Tesla dealer already.

I love your "argument," always veering to the slippery slope of overgeneralization. So, since people are mortal, we should just kill ourselves now? Every similarity or inevitability should be hastened and expanded?

You're a genius, I swear. Carlyle was good for Missoula, and since corruption exists in small amounts everywhere, the massive amount in Missoula city/county govt is fine. Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good! Missoula still has a great image! Boulder of the first decade of the 21st Century, Aspen of the remaining 90 years. In fact, at the end of the 21st C, all past references to "Boulder" and "Aspen" will be replaced with "Missoula," and only the finest progressive people with money and attitude to burn will live there! More bistros, more upscale tchotchke vendors, and for god's sake get us a Tesla dealer already.
    Croaky, I had ten season passes at the Bowl before you ever saw Missoula on a map. You think the "changes" you see in Missoula are something new. You have no frame of reference. Just another douchebag who moved to town and wants to tell everybody else how Missoula "should" be. Give it up bro. You want corruption, go back to Jersey.

Croaky, I had ten season passes at the Bowl before you ever saw Missoula on a map. You think the "changes" you see in Missoula are something new. You have no frame of reference. Just another douchebag who moved to town and wants to tell everybody else how Missoula "should" be. Give it up bro. You want corruption, go back to Jersey.
    FTW!

Maybe the croak should run for Mayor? He would have Snowbowl (oh that's right, it's perfect just the way is), Missoula and Montana for that matter, all fixed up in no time at all.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    So little snow that people are talking bikes and politics, what a sad stretch.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Holy poop biscuits! The Bowl did not suck today. w00t w00t!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Holy poop biscuits! The Bowl did not suck today. w00t w00t!
    it was a dirty shame to be stuck up there today, I had no fun at all, not once.

it was a dirty shame to be stuck up there today, I had no fun at all, not once.
    Mediocre curmudgeoning, please turn up the crustiness.

Looking like mid-April up at the bowl. unless we get a significant weather change its gonna be a muddy/ugly last 3 weeks of the season up there. grizzly chute and the runs past sunrise bowl are more dirt than snow yet they still report being 98% open!?

I've been on the bike
    No longer stuck.

skinnin tuesday savin 45

Haven't been up there in a few weeks, but guessing by the camera...things must be melting quickly at the base. You are so tricky Snowbowl, so tricky.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sbmarch.png 
Views:	423 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	165274  

I like how they tilted it up so you could actually see the mountain, but yeah, there's probably a bunch of mud and rocks where it was pointing.
    No longer stuck.

Well, I have a few pre-paid lift tickets that I don't think are getting used. $25 a piece?

Let's go for a ride. There's a bunch of Jumbo trails I don't really know, partly because there's no water for my dog on them, but he's getting old and slow and I think I'm gonna have to leave him at home more
    No longer stuck.

I like how they tilted it up so you could actually see the mountain, but yeah, there's probably a bunch of mud and rocks where it was pointing.
    Haha yeah, I agree its a better view but I'm sure that wasn't their motivation for changing it. Don't want to show you all the dirt at the base.

FOUND: a pair of binoculars the other day on/in a clump of beargrass on the uphill skier's trail between the parking turnout and the base of paradise. let me know the brand, color, etc. and I'll get them back to you. thanks