Page 72 of 191 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4757
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Question for the Missoula mags...

Anyone got a line on a one or bedroom house with a yard that would be available starting in mid May. She has 2 cats and a dog and is very responsible. She's also have a horse but would board it if need be. She's found a couple places that would allow her to keep the horse with her but so far nothing that's great.

My cousins got a job lined up as a vet in the area but is having a bit of a hard time finding a place.

Shoot me a PM if you know of anything or anywhere she should check outside of the usual places.

Thanks.
    Really, mid-May is when housing tends to open up, as the University exodus happens. However, houses that take dogs are always hard to find, because there is crazy high demand, so much so, that many students stay in Missoula, and hold onto their rentals, because of the difficulty in finding another one if they move out. Good luck.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Smokey the tool box wrote:Have you even been up there yet? What they did makes no sense to gain access to this supposed "zip-line". Whatever the case maybe, they didn't put much thought into it consider how much post season use that portion of the NATIONAL FOREST get used.

Yes I have been up there, I know where the lines are going, I know where the roads they use to get to them are, and you are and ignorant child having a tantrum.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Yeah, they know they're 20 minutes away and no one else is, and they sure act like it.
    Oh right, everyone's putting in a zipline now.
    And it was my understanding that this lady's beer was from the bar, she just chose an outside seat.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Yeah, they know they're 20 minutes away and no one else is, and they sure act like it.
    Oh right, everyone's putting in a zipline now.
    And it was my understanding that this lady's beer was from the bar, she just chose an outside seat.
    Brad heard that the zip line at Whitefish was booked solid all summer, and immediately decided Snowbowl needed one. Though I think the locations of Snowbowl's will be much less picturesque. The first line will go from part way up Griz Chute to lower Longhorn. Then a line goes from lower Longhorn to the bottom of Paradise. Then a third one will go from the bottom of Paradise, over the parking lot, to the bottom of Go Big. They poured cement for the tower foundations last fall.

The road they use to access the first line starts just below where they plowed to, and cuts across the bottom of Griz Chute. They also plowed up the trail to lower Paradise.

I'm quite sure that you misunderstood the woman on the lift; I heard bartenders talking about the incident, and saw them rolling their eyes at the sense of entitlement some people demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2012 View Post
    Another classic Snowbowl dick move...groom the snow off the outrun to keep post season skier away. Goddamn they can be cock suckers. Snowbowl just gave you firm "Fuck You" to Missoulians...FYI.
    I'm sure they had you, and your post-season entitlement ideas, first in mind when they did this. Truly, it targeted you, and others like you, who think that they are owed something simply because they moved to Missoula with a trust fund or nest egg and are willing to throw around their money to demand new things to which they're entitled for some reason or other.

Yep, they've got it in for you. What else would you like them to do for you, to make your post-lift-closure Fantasy Ski Experience better? I'm sure we can convince them simply by having you bitch on TGR like a whiny little child.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    I'm sure they had you, and your post-season entitlement ideas, first in mind when they did this. Truly, it targeted you, and others like you, who think that they are owed something simply because they moved to Missoula with a trust fund or nest egg and are willing to throw around their money to demand new things to which they're entitled for some reason or other.

Yep, they've got it in for you. What else would you like them to do for you, to make your post-lift-closure Fantasy Ski Experience better? I'm sure we can convince them simply by having you bitch on TGR like a whiny little child.
    Heh, heh. You tell him Cruddy.

Rasputin,

If you know so much about the project, maybe you can fill in a couple blanks for. How can they start working on the project when there EIS has no decision on it yet? They have no expand SUP (Special use permit) for their expanded summer operations in hand yet.

A little pre-decisional in my mind. Think the forest knows about it? Shaddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Brad heard that the zip line at Whitefish was booked solid all summer, and immediately decided Snowbowl needed one.
    Truth. The Whitefish zip lines are a cash cow.

I did the zip lines up there once and don't really see the attraction, but it appears to be freeing up more money to build bike trails so I'm not arguing.

Holy shit, I actually agree with both crud and Rasputin. Fuck.

In other news though...a zip line but no new mountain bike trails...which the Bike Doctor offered to build for free. What say you about that, crud?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2012 View Post
    Rasputin,

If you know so much about the project, maybe you can fill in a couple blanks for. How can they start working on the project when there EIS has no decision on it yet? They have no expand SUP (Special use permit) for their expanded summer operations in hand yet.

A little pre-decisional in my mind. Think the forest knows about it? Shaddy...
    Perhaps you should contact the Forest Service if you have further questions about the permitting process for this. My surmise is that it falls within their existing Special Use Permit, even as the new runs, they cut in recent years, were.

Given that they are still waiting approval of their Master Development Plan, which would allow the installation of three new chairlifts, as well as another rope tow and a poma, I highly doubt they'd put it in illegally, and jeopardize the plan they've spent millions of dollars working toward (BTW, the EIS has already been approved, and the public comment period ended last year I believe, the FS is in the process of responding to ALL of the comments made by the public during the allotted time for comments).

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I guess you're not entirely unintelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    C'mon Root. Are you high or drunk or both? You don't really think that Smokey feels a sense of entitlement do you? And creaky's response to everything is "trust fund this" and "f-off that." What's to agree with?
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    C'mon Root. Are you high or drunk or both? You don't really think that Smokey feels a sense of entitlement do you? And creaky's response to everything is "trust fund this" and "f-off that." What's to agree with?
    What do you agree with? That Snowbowl is spitefully plowing the bottom of the Outrun to keep post season skiers from skiing top to bottom? Really?

Do you think they would spend money on diesel just to ruin the last 50 vertical feet of our post season runs? Really?

Do you think that they should wait for the snow to melt off on it's own so a handful of skiers can occasionally show up for free turns? Really?

Thanks, whenever I question my sanity I'll return to this discussion to give me some perspective what true nutcases sound like. You guys make me feel very good to be me.

What do you agree with? That Snowbowl is spitefully plowing the bottom of the Outrun to keep post season skiers from skiing top to bottom? Really?

Do you think they would spend money on diesel just to ruin the last 50 vertical feet of our post season runs? Really?

Do you think that they should wait for the snow to melt off on it's own so a handful of skiers can occasionally show up for free turns? Really?

Thanks, whenever I question my sanity I'll return to this discussion to give me some perspective what true nutcases sound like. You guys make me feel very good to be me.
    ...or maybe it's just that snowbowl goes about their (legitimate) business decisions in a manner that (unnecessarily) pisses off the users of that (public) land. It's not that snowbowl doesn't have a reason for all of the things that they do that piss people off, it's that they carry out all of those actions with virtually no regard for other people's interests, including those of their own clients. Snowbowl's ownership has an impeccable history of douchiness, so don't get all surprised when they catch flak for doing something that is contrary to many people's interests.

Exclamation

Any link to that U.S.F.S travel plan map in L2 that is 8 feet off the ground? Off hours use,dogs,access....I'm not that much taller than Pat.

Sweetness and light, what a delight. Remind me again, T. Russ Tafari, when you met me and discerned my truest heart of hearts.

Por favor, s'il vous plait, bitte.

Shame you can't see entitlement if it might mean decreased ski sales at your Bro Shop. I'm not sure how moving to Missoula and insisting it change to your whims (Smokey Rontele, above) isn't entitlement. I guess that's just how you hipsters are helping Missoula progress, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    ...or maybe it's just that snowbowl goes about their (legitimate) business decisions in a manner that (unnecessarily) pisses off the users of that (public) land. It's not that snowbowl doesn't have a reason for all of the things that they do that piss people off, it's that they carry out all of those actions with virtually no regard for other people's interests, including those of their own clients. Snowbowl's ownership has an impeccable history of douchiness, so don't get all surprised when they catch flak for doing something that is contrary to many people's interests.
    Hah. While you're a funny guy, your hard-on for Snowbowl is like rideit's hard-on for "reactionaries."

Very well said, toast. My sentiment exactly...this is all i was trying to point out. Done.

Hah. While you're a funny guy, your hard-on for Snowbowl is like rideit's hard-on for "reactionaries."
    It's true. I'm bitter.

It's true. I'm bitter.
    I didn't say it was without reason. Or even good reason.

We all make choices. Choosing to move to Missoula with some image in one's mind about how it will be, and then showing immense butthurt when reality contradicts the fantasy held, that imposes a new choice. Either accept reality, or be a whiny bitch and demand that the 21st Century Talismans of "grow the sport" and "progress the community" dictate that Missoula change to suit the fantasy held.

Nobody made trustafarians hold their fantasies, nobody else wrote the stories behind the fantasies. The trus tafari built the problem, psychologically or cognitively, and now trus has to fix it.

Obviously the answer is to make Missoula more like Portland and less like its present reality.

Who told these people the town was going to be just like their fantasy?

And why do they think it's someone else's fault when their fantasy is thwarted?

Well, with specific reference to snowbowl, I think there's a reasonable middle ground between "rampant douchiness" and "Portland." If Pat wasn't a huge dickbag, it's not like it would irreparably change Missoula's character for the worse.

You're right, I don't like the reality that the snowbowl management regime is comprised of douches. I don't see any compelling reason to accept that though, and this is the internet so I'm going to keep whining.

I didn't say it was without reason. Or even good reason.

We all make choices. Choosing to move to Missoula with some image in one's mind about how it will be, and then showing immense butthurt when reality contradicts the fantasy held, that imposes a new choice. Either accept reality, or be a whiny bitch and demand that the 21st Century Talismans of "grow the sport" and "progress the community" dictate that Missoula change to suit the fantasy held.

Nobody made trustafarians hold their fantasies, nobody else wrote the stories behind the fantasies. The trus tafari built the problem, psychologically or cognitively, and now trus has to fix it.

Obviously the answer is to make Missoula more like Portland and less like its present reality.

Who told these people the town was going to be just like their fantasy?

And why do they think it's someone else's fault when their fantasy is thwarted?
    FYI...Born and raised in E. Msla.

Don't put words in my mouth. You DON'T know me. This isn't my fight. Go pretend to be an intellect somewhere else.

Shame you can't see entitlement if it might mean decreased ski sales at your Bro Shop. I'm not sure how moving to Missoula and insisting it change to your whims (Smokey Rontele, above) isn't entitlement. I guess that's just how you hipsters are helping Missoula progress, eh?
    You don't know me either Sean. Why do you insist that you do? Claiming I'm a trust funder and I sell overpriced crap to rich folks. YOU DON'T KNOW ME AND YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN MY SHOP.

Kindly piss off or come in and shake my hand LIKE A MAN. Or continue to be an angry coward on the internet. On second thought, continue to do the latter. It suits you well.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I honestly think they would do it for spite, but putting in ziplines seems a better explanation. As far as the drink thing, it was my impression that the lady I was talking to bought her drink at the bar and took it outside, but idk.

I wanna go bike. Is rattlesnake rideable yet? Hayes Creek singletrack?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Don't put words in my mouth. You DON'T know me. This isn't my fight. Go pretend to be an intellect somewhere else.
    If it's not your fight, then don't take the position that one side or another is untenable. Quit pretending that you didn't enter into the fray. Go somewhere else? I started this thread punk.

Don't put words in my mouth. You DON'T know me, or you wouldn't think I need to "pretend" to be "an intellect". Go back to your shop, and dream of the turns other people make on the skis you sell, while you sit there missing the snow, begging to be told when the conditions are good enough for you to take a day off so you can actually use your wares.

That said, from all reports, they are some very nice skis at reasonable prices. Good job.