Page 120 of 190 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4750

WOOT WOOT! Nukin' in Missoula

Hey S_Jenks,

I was wearing that Snowbowl t-shirt you gave me today and some tourists in Yellowstone Park gave me a shout out. Turns out they were from Missoula. Nice people, we chatted about how worthless Pat is.

#snowbowllegend

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Hey S_Jenks,

I was wearing that Snowbowl t-shirt you gave me today and some tourists in Yellowstone Park gave me a shout out. Turns out they were from Missoula. Nice people, we chatted about how worthless Pat is.

#snowbowllegend

Legends and mayors always deserve a shoutout.

Thanks man, it was the least I could do for you after the mayor's generosity last season. Sadly, the price hike makes a big sky visit less likely this season. But bridger is always in the cards.

^^ no word on if I will be receiving any free or discounted day passes this year. They did already give me my season pass for free. Last year on Dec 15 they gave me all those buddy passes. If I get them this year I will put your name on some of them.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Iowagriz, it'll happen. I'll PM you. It is a decent bit less than normal pre-season pricing.
    Go on...
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

More progress on the new lift. Photos courtesy Snowbowl volunteer ski patrol facebook page:

Shit might actually run this winter??

Clouds lifted enough to reveal fresh snow on Lolo peak this morning. Can see it from my workplace, so productivity is low amidst the daydreams.

Thanks for the post/reminder

Jenks - I better walk out to the end of the block to see for myself and get the motivation to get into shape

Root - what is the approved/popular way to ride up onto the mountain (from town)? Main road then out the back of the parking lot? Or, up Butler Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Thanks for the post/reminder

Jenks - I better walk out to the end of the block to see for myself and get the motivation to get into shape

Root - what is the approved/popular way to ride up onto the mountain (from town)? Main road then out the back of the parking lot? Or, up Butler Creek?
    You mean on a bike? The best way to climb is via the Beargrass Highway. Ride up past the lodge, up the bowl outrun next to the ropetow, and hang a right onto the road that leads to the bottom of Longhorn and Paradise. The trail comes across the bottom of Paradise, you should have no trouble seeing it when you get there.

I suppose you could ride up second thought but it's pretty damn sandy.

Yes, bike - thanks

I usually go up the grant creek path and snowbowl road, and then like to come down butler creek. snowbowl road is a more gradual grade but can be pretty loose and washboardy. Butler is steeper but mostly hardpack dirt, and the top half or so is closed to cars so you can go pretty fast around the corners without much worry.

If you want to ride up to the top of the skihill, the beargrass highway singletrack is a good way up as long as it's not on the weekend with the chair going. Riding up second thought blows. If I'm not going up the trail I go around tv mountain and up point 6 road. There are two roads back there, the lower one isn't as steep and goes past the base of the new chair and then switchbacks up to meet the upper road ride at the junction to the top of tv mountain.

More progress on the new lift. Photos courtesy Snowbowl volunteer ski patrol facebook page:

Shit might actually run this winter??
    The new lift is a center bar with no safety ? Seems very odd, but we are talking Snowbowl...

It's fucking awesome for kids, man.

It's fucking awesome for kids, man.
    Is that ... sarcasm? I think back to a time long ago as a grom and the thought of that center bar with no safety bar gives me the shivers.

I can't think of any occasion where a child has fallen off a chair at snowbowl so I'm sure it's fine.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I think it is incomprehensible that Snowbowl has no safety bars on their chairlifts!!!!! I think all those who value safety bars should teach Snowbowl a lesson, and ski somewhere else!!!!!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Don't really know, but I would think their insurance rates would be lower if they had safety bars.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Is that ... sarcasm? I think back to a time long ago as a grom and the thought of that center bar with no safety bar gives me the shivers.
    Yeah it fuckin' sucks but it makes 5-year-olds super ballsy.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I can't think of any occasion where a child has fallen off a chair at snowbowl so I'm sure it's fine.
    Usually, nobody is on the chairs that fall off the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    The new lift is a center bar with no safety ? Seems very odd, but we are talking Snowbowl...

When you buy your "new" lift on Craigslist you take what you can get.

For real. What did you expect, Harry, heated seats and a bubble?

Just slide your ski poles across the kid's lap and through the armrest, hold them firmly, and voila...safety bar!

BTW I hear they are installing new payphones in the lodge too.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just slide your ski poles across the kid's lap and through the armrest, hold them firmly, and voila...safety bar!
    Teamwork makes the dream work when it comes to chairlift safety!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    In a ten year period (2002-2012) in Colorado, 71% of falls from chairlifts were from lifts equipped with "safety bars".

https://www.nsaa.org/media/310500/Lift_Safety_Fact_Sheet_2017.pdf

Yeahman gets it, the ski pole safety bar is far more secure for kids (or highly insecure adults) than any restraint bar I've ever seen on a lift.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    In a ten year period (2002-2012) in Colorado, 71% of falls from chairlifts were from lifts equipped with "safety bars".

https://www.nsaa.org/media/310500/Lift_Safety_Fact_Sheet_2017.pdf
    Not a very useful statistic without also providing the % of chairs with/without a safety bar. Like say if 95% of chairs have a bar but 30% of falls are on chairs without them.