Page 172 of 191 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4758
    Fun, yet odd day at the Bowl today. Zero visibility up top. No new snow reported, but maybe 2" on top of the groomers. Some fun areas of wind transport could be found on the upper sections of the mountain. Very few people, I skied under Lavelle at 10:30 and counted 11 people on the lift.

If you see these bright blue pants out there, ask for change.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Lookers left of the new lift is a pretty fun run. Follow the ski boundary down towards the gravel pit, jeep road returns you to the base. I've named it Boundary Ridge. One narrow and steep pitch that is a pinch point and will get skied out, otherwise some fun possibilities.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Interesting. Probably gonna do bowl laps though. Unless the forecast is very very wrong.

See you all tomorrow! Boioioioioing.
    Saturday is gonna be a circus, but maybe I'll just do a morning lap. Or stay home. Damn weekend storms.
    Then the meat locker returns for a few days.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Yeah i skied that yesterday. Neat area and a lot of space but snow was pretty thin and not great. Didn't venture below the chair and stuck to snowpark where I could see. Took a griz lap at the end of the day and got a few deeper turns near the top from wind I guess.

Don't bother going up tomorrow though it's raining.

just kidding, there was like 4" of fresh on my car when I left skimo tonight. Going to try to get an early start.

I hope you all are having a good time up there today. 2.5" SWE already and the temperature is lower every time Snotel updates. Cannot wait for the most epic of all gongshows tomorrow.

EDIT: I hear the power was out well after 9am....anything happening yet? What a shitshow.

I left at 11, patrol was bombing (had used snowmobiles to start their routes). Power on in the lodges, but no chair movement.

I'd guess 10" on three chairs at the base when I left. Could be good tomorrow, get there early

NorthWestern confirmed power outage...estimated repair currently at 2:30 pm, but I have no idea how accurate NWE's estimates are.

I feel like this happens once a winter. NWE can eat a dick. Maintain your lines!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Hey, great day at the Bowl! Mostly because everyone I talked to was laughing at the absurdity of the situation. Another big powder day scuttled by a power outage.

Regardless of what NWE had to say, Snowbowl called it a little after 2pm, a little while after the bar lost power again.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Having to go back home to get my other skis and boots was kind of annoying. West ridge was a real good time though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230127_212132725.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	444846
    Last edited by jamal; 01-27-2023 at 07:17 PM.

Siiiiick.

Can't wait to find out when I drive up tomorrow with a bunch of kids whether we'll be skiing or not.

GAME ON!!

Name:	game_on.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	512.8 KB 
ID:	444873

Midweek pass only guy here...I thought I saw I could by weekend day tickets at a small discount (maybe half day rate). Anyone remember that? Thoughts on how much of a cluster it will be tomorrow?

I'm almost tempted to queue up at Transporter tomorrow...will see in the morning I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Midweek pass only guy here...I thought I saw I could by weekend day tickets at a small discount (maybe half day rate). Anyone remember that? Thoughts on how much of a cluster it will be tomorrow?
    On a scale where 1 is easy peasy, and 10 is a frustrating ordeal that leads you to curse humanity, probably an 11.

However, they will give you a meager discount on a weekend day pass, with your weekday pass.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    On a scale where 1 is easy peasy, and 10 is a frustrating ordeal that leads you to curse humanity, probably an 11.
    I'm thinking the same thing. I might as well hope for big dumps and I'll get the leftovers on Monday.

On the snow phone Brad mumbled something about the wind potentially closing lifts, which means LaVelle usually. The patrol will be bombing early, so be ready for just Griz to start.

If you are not a confident, and able, snow driver, stay home, or get a ride with someone who is.

Full on shit show

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Full on shit show
    I left the gas station at 8:30 and was doomed from the start. Who knew you need to get up there before 8 to have a chance at a parking spot? Also, the number of single occupancy vehicles going up the hill was astounding. Carpooling is an obvious solution to a very frustrating problem at Snowbowl. Hope the folks who made it had a good time today. Maybe I'll get some tomorrow? Here's to hoping...

Name:	powderpanic.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	444931

What a joke. Yesterday was understandable, if you don't have power, you can't spin the lifts. We all get that and certainly other ski hills could be plagued by the same problem (although arguably there are ways to mitigate that issue--but lets be real, that ain't happening at SB).

However, what Snowbowl has never done well = communication. It's what makes or breaks the world and relationships << Which are both intertwined.

Some real simple fixes out there, namely just post your updates and post them to one spot. I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir.

Now enter the Snowbowl defenders or people that get offended by Snowbowl criticism. To which I have some theories, these types have one or more the following in common:

1. Work at Snowbowl
    2. Used to work at Snowbowl
    3. Have never held a season pass at another hill (the real world/not the Twilight Zone)
    4. Lack of sense of humor
    5. Think they're a Legend

Ended up being a pretty awesome day, after the morning cluster, not really any long lines.

Speaking of bombing, was cool watching them work the Transporter line. And also glad we opted to load it first.

Hard to believe the Transporter Lift is spinning now! Still have so many fond college memories of end of the day TV runs in bottomless pow down to get some pizza and bloodies. Hope you all have lots of fun on that thing!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I would love to not need to drive up there. Just running the shuttle from 7R like 3 times in the morning and then the same in the afternoon instead of one ride up, one ride down really late would go a long way.

…uh did snowbowl not renew their website domain on time? The entire site has been down for me all day.

Driving back into town was an absolute sheet of ice from Saint Regis. Saw a multiple vehicle crash near the O street exit as we made it back in.

Now the real question is how fucked tomorrow is for crowds

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Website working for me all day (and just now).