Page 140 of 191 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4757
    My old lady said disco had their biggest Monday all season today. Not sure who she talked to but I dont doubt it. I think they should close lodge but they seem pretty adamant about staying open unless they're told to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Great Divide closing.
    Noooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    My old lady said disco had their biggest Monday all season today. Not sure who she talked to but I dont doubt it. I think they should close lodge but they seem pretty adamant about staying open unless they're told to shut down.
    I'm sure Disco is hurting after their awful Christmas holiday. Tough to recover from that. Hate to say it but I think they (and the other open areas) are living on borrowed time. An order will come down. Lewis and Clark county health dept. today ordered all nonessential businesses closed.

Meantime went out and sampled some of the famous Helena backcountry after work. Beautiful day.

I'm sure Disco is hurting after their awful Christmas holiday. Tough to recover from that. Hate to say it but I think they (and the other open areas) are living on borrowed time. An order will come down. Lewis and Clark county health dept. today ordered all nonessential businesses closed.

Meantime went out and sampled some of the famous Helena backcountry after work. Beautiful day.

Looks alright to me! I'm pretty ignorant of helena backcountry but there were a decent amount of cars parked at Mac pass as I was heading to my jobsite around 9:30am. I'm just hoping it warms up enough to drop the boat on the Clark fork this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if granite county shuts it down for disco. I'm keeping a level head but my wife does pick up some work at the ski hill and I'm quite ok with at least the lodge shutting down.

Snowbowl is joking right

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Snowbowl is joking right
    Nope. They, Lost Trail, Lookout, and Blacktail Mountain still remain standing.

Turner was unfortunately DQ'd for mechanical reasons.

Hopefully Snowbowl is planning a full scale marketing campaign in Seattle to get those people over here!
    In the ~2 day period that whitefish said they were staying open (before they said "just kidding"), there were seattleites coming into town in droves on the train. A couple locals apparently had some stressful shuttle bus rides to the hill, where the mostly empty bus stopped at the train station and a whole bunch of people from Seattle piled in.

So anyway, yeah. Someone should tell ronnie that there's money to be made there.

Like I said last page -- ya gotta hug Ronnie to load Griz.

Also: people are really fucking stupid.

Kudos to Great Divide for putting the needs of the community first. I know it was not an easy decision for them, especially with new owners in their first year of business.

The areas staying open are not making themselves look good. Creating a destination to bring travelers into the state is like the anti-strategy to slow a pandemic and pretty much runs contrary to everything we're being told to do. It won't stand. They will have to close. I bet the order comes down today.

Nothing to see here, just the boss of the Last Run Inn kitchen and the creator of the Bowl's famous Bloody Mary, Garland Davis, liking posts telling the Bowl to shut it the fuck down.Name:  garland.png
Views: 516
Size:  56.8 KB

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    The latest from the Snowbowl website:

Following Health Dept directive take out food only will be served and use of the Lodge and Last Run will be limited. Vertical Challenge this Sunday, 3 for 2 Promo, ski for free details listed in Events. Open five days a week, Wednesday to Sunday, SPRING HOURS 10:00 to 4:30 pm, half day at 1:00; Snow Park open Wednesday thru Sunday. Shuttle bus service is over for this season.

Yesterday at The Bowl was the bomb, and since we knew it would be the last day, about a dozen of us who are all well known to each other, celebrated St' Patrick's day early with rounds of Irish Car Bombs.

There were a significant number of children on the mountain, out of school I guess.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Anyone know if/how much snow is at Lost Horse? Mainly asking about the road to the the main bouldering area.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Anyone know if/how much snow is at Lost Horse? Mainly asking about the road to the the main bouldering area.

From today:

Name:  lost horse.png
Views: 515
Size:  32.3 KB

So I can still ski without earning my turns? We'll just load single
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Truth - there were a surprising number of people there, and most seemed to be tailgating for lunch Out of state plates, Bozemanites, a whole basket full of deplorables
    clock is ticking ... but if they are open this weekend it is going to be packed.
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

[QUOTE=lifelinksplit;5927458] ... but there were a decent amount of cars parked at Mac pass as I was heading to my jobsite around 9:30am.

Those cars were probably for the XC trails, north of the highway, just east of the pass. Is the jobsite a log structure by a red barn? That ain't no cabin! I saw something like that off the drive up to a couple of subzero hours of fun on Sat.
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

IRonnie

I'll be the one coughing, in ass less chaps. Ask for change in the future

[QUOTE=CountryFunk;5928488]
    ... but there were a decent amount of cars parked at Mac pass as I was heading to my jobsite around 9:30am.

Those cars were probably for the XC trails, north of the highway, just east of the pass. Is the jobsite a log structure by a red barn? That ain't no cabin! I saw something like that off the drive up to a couple of subzero hours of fun on Sat.
    Yep that's it.

Might stop by here on Friday and buy a lift ticket on my way to a new job in Midwest...

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    The Bowl got about 1/2 inch of new snow on top of the refreeze, w00t!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

LT is now closed. Disco, the Bowl, and Showdown are the last ones standing. I doubt for long.

I wanna go when the sun's out.

Is Mo Z dry yet? Maybe I'll take the dog for a walk over there and see
    No longer stuck.

I wanna go when the sun's out.

Is Mo Z dry yet? Maybe I'll take the dog for a walk over there and see
    Just saw this posted around 6pm, Wednesday

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that now too!

So, how exactly does skinning up Marshal work? It still looks plenty skiable, but am I supposed to contact the owner, sign a waiver? Just go?
    Also, can I bring my dog?
    No longer stuck.