Page 144 of 190 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4750
    Ugh, that's too bad.
    Every time I think about skinning, I remember how much I hate it. That and what sounds like the crowds up there have kept me away.
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I probably need to get my boots Catsed and a setup that doesn't weigh a million pounds. But then, doesn't a poor carpenter blame his tools?

Kinda shifting to bike mode, mentally.

Anyway. Wordbird, where did you wind up getting a job? You can still work it from home?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Twin cities. Working from home atm but it's typical office work so I will have to live here.

Trails are kind of a shit show right now unfortunately. Everything that's clear, which isn't much, is way crowded. I've made a few attempts at mountain biking and just felt bad about doing it the whole time. Not even sure what I was thinking riding down the moz the other day, especially after all the snow and mud I went through from deer creek sneak to get there. Should have just gone out down the road.

One good route is going up blue mountain road and then doing the hayes moto descent and orchard and then bailing out the creek. Just avoid the parking lot and basically everything from there to the lower moto trailhead.
    Last edited by jamal; 04-18-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Why post about trails you think are uncrowded? You must be one of the 100 cars out there with WA plates. Go home you kook

That's not what he wrote. We all know the rideable trailheads are crowded. I'm sitting at home slow cooking ribs.

Twin Cities? Well, hope you find a way to enjoy yourself, D. I hear it can be nice for a big city, but doesn't sound like your ideal.
    No longer stuck.

What's the story with Kreis Pond? Is riding out there still a thing?
    No longer stuck.

Haven't managed to get up at all in a week. Work keeps cropping up every time I make plans to ski a morning.

Keeping an eye on the snotel site, but if the high snow levels hold I'm thinking I'll wait until after the weekend to start the hike.

Won't be long till the road to lolo pk opens....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Finally made the time to go up today for a lap. Felt better than normal, so chugged all the way up Pt 6 for a little extra vert and some nice views:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7562.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	326739

The drifts are massive as usual, so gave them a wide berth when I could.

Name:	IMG_7555.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	326740

The way down off the top yielded nice corn turns.

Name:	IMG_7565.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	326742

Evaro bowl was looking nice, albeit with a bunch of snow rollers.

Name:	IMG_7563.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	265.5 KB 
ID:	326741

Despite the later start, snow held up nicely the whole way down, though the west-facing slopes were better by this point.

Name:	IMG_7567.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	326743

Outrun was still filled in for the most part, spots showing and all that. But the corner was practically melted out, so our had to skirt the outside to stay on snow.

Name:	IMG_7569.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	326744

It's melting fast on the lower parts, so better start packing a pair of shoes for the hike out at this point.

Overall, a solid day and a solid break from the WFH action. Planning to get up in the Flathead to ski in the next couple weeks if all looks well.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I've been kicking myself all day for not making it up to the mountain today. I knew it would be good, but due to insomnia, was dead tired come morning, and had to work in the afternoon. Especially vexing is the report of warm temps over night the next couple days, if the base doesn't lock up overnight, it makes for dangerous hollow and rotten snow, and even wet slides. One year it slide down Long Chute and ran down Chicken Chute all the way down to the tube.

Oh well, I've had my best post season ever, by far. It's amazing how long the snow pack has held up, I skied Griz Chute on April 21st, frequently it doesn't make it through March.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Anyone know where the snow line is in the Swans/ Seeley lake vicinity?

Hmmm haven't been through the swan yet this spring, but from what I can guess: around the zoo snow levels on southern slopes are a little above 5000 ft, and northward slopes at least 1000 ft lower. Up in the swan you have less sunlight and colder air, plus heavy forests to cover snowpack, so it's a safe bet that snow levels are lower and snowpack thicker.

Where were you thinking of heading? When we hit jewel basin up in the Flathead (also swan range), we usually have to wait until close to memorial weekend on a good year to drive up to 5500 feet. A lot of the road melts out earlier, but those north facing/shaded areas can take forever to break up.

Thanks, possibly Holland or Holland Lake vicinity if the roads are decently clear

Climbed and skied The Bowl yesterday. Great turns as far down as the bottom of A-Face, but from there it's sparse. Take 'em off put 'em on, take 'em off, on down the hill. Hiking down hill is hard on the knees.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Got up to the flathead this past weekend, and managed to get a ski up at da'Jewel.

Verrrry good amount of snow up there, more than usual for this time in May. Snow/ice blockages on the road forced us to park a bit further back, but ended up not being much of a delay.

Pops decided to join in on the fun, but realized that he had forgotten his ski pants. Didn't stop him from rocking the jeans:

Name:	skijewel02.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	328896

At 68, he still a machine on the uphill. I'm in good shape right now, but as soon as he straps on a pair of skis he takes off like a jackrabbit.

Name:	skijewel01.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	328893

And he just kept...

Name:	skijewel06.jpg 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	328895

on.

Name:	skijewel03.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	328894

going.

Name:	skijewel04.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	328897

Quality of skiing ranged from perfect corn, to solid ice, to absolute mush. Bunch of new snow up there of the past week was mostly settled at this point, but still kept us on alert.

Name:	skijewel05.jpg 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	328898

Lots of debris on the lower elevation snow from the wind storms that have happened so far this year. One spot on the drive up had experienced a micro-burst that snapped trees left and right. Was quite a sight to behold amidst the roaring of chainsaws from the clean-up crews.

Name:	skijewel07.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	328901

Better grab your raincoat for the week ahead.

Rad Dad!

Awesome s_jenks, great pics and sounds like a great time was had.

Woot!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Got up to the flathead this past weekend, and managed to get a ski up at da'Jewel.

Verrrry good amount of snow up there, more than usual for this time in May. Snow/ice blockages on the road forced us to park a bit further back, but ended up not being much of a delay.

Pops decided to join in on the fun, but realized that he had forgotten his ski pants. Didn't stop him from rocking the jeans:
    Thanks for posting, strong work!

Yup! Was up there Saturday, as well. A bit sloppy but stable and fun!
    And yes, the snow levels were impressive!

S_jenks dad & iceman skis in jeans

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lolo is gonna go off
    No longer stuck.

I wish I could go! First working gig in weeks and it’s tomorrow! Looks like June dumpage!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I wish I could go! First working gig in weeks and it’s tomorrow! Looks like June dumpage!

I'm thinking Thursday.
    Anyone wanna skin up (slowly)?
    No longer stuck.

Name:	IMG_8656.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	341165

Finally got up to the bowl and went looking for the lost ski.

Probably shouldn’t haven’t waited this long, but everything still appears to be in good knick

That seems like good luck - binders down, so they might not be too rusty