Page 132 of 191 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4757
    Gonna light him up like a Gwyneth Paltrow candle.

Change the buddy board ,to the bounty board? 4 bloodies to make Alex, so. Green skis,you are going to have a bad time. My cardio is off the charts from walking.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    My Subie stalled out on the way up the road today, I called a friend nearby who is a former mechanic, then coasted all the way down to the dumpsters in neutral to meet him (whee!). We find out that the screw came out of the distributor rotor, and the rotor is messed up. Around then a lady friend pulls up, and I get a ride with her up to the hill. and plan to meet my buddy at the end of the day after he went into town to get a rotor (he had errands anyway).

Had a great day at the bowl, and am impressed at how much additional space Snowbowl now has. The terrain opened by the new lift, by itself, is a complete ski area with terrain ranging from beginner to expert. I skied the East side of TV down to Go Big today, it's still very brushy.

As a rather tall man, I'm glad they dealt with the halo on the second tower, but the first tower is still troublesome.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Change the buddy board ,to the bounty board? 4 bloodies to make Alex, so. Green skis,you are going to have a bad time. My cardio is off the charts from walking.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Secret six! You don't know unless you go.

Oh, and they fixed the halo on tower one.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Glad they are working on those halos.
    Why are we bumping my head?
    Don't worry about it, there's nothing in there. SR, don't you live in Bozeman?
    You all can bump my helmet with your helmet if you take my picture giving 2 thumbs up at Two Thumbs Up.
    You all can also just by me a bloody. Because. Especially Wordbird. Because I said so.
    Oh, how's the gnar that is the now-in-bounds power lines? Looks interesting.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Will the powerline have better shrub control by the power company than Snowbowl's main runs?

They've actually been weedwhacking a lot over the past few summers. Most of Griz Chute was brushed this year (they didn't quite finish all of it).

In other news, a little birdy told me they ran into a problem with the Lavelle cable and it's going to be more complex than they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    They've actually been weedwhacking a lot over the past few summers. Most of Griz Chute was brushed this year (they didn't quite finish all of it).

In other news, a little birdy told me they ran into a problem with the Lavelle cable and it's going to be more complex than they thought.
    4 weeks -> 4 months

Snuck away from work today to enjoy a few sunny laps. Decided to poke around the frontside of TV mountain some more. Love how much old growth there is up there, and was finding a lot of well-spaced trees that hadn't yet been touched. Patrol has been putting up some ropes in front of the larger cliff faces, which I found sort of helpful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SB_1-15_05.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	310763

The bowl in general was looking pretty good today. There was a rat race of hikers going up Lavelle, more than I've ever seen. Made it easier to make the turn towards TV mountain where there was hardly anyone.

Name:	SB_1-15_01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	310767

With the new fixes to the Snow Park chair, the first few towers are much easier to deal with.

Name:	SB_1-15_02.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	310764

Pleasant ride all around, especially on a colder and windier morning.

Name:	SB_1-15_03.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	310765

Name:	SB_1-15_04.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	310766

A little refresh will be nice for the weekend. Until then, there are still plenty of deep snow to be skied.

^^ That does look nice. If they get that chair fixed I may be skiing Snowbowl on President's Day weekend.

Was up there for a little too. Fuck that was cold though.
    I have noticed some of the weed whacking that they've done. It's great!
    And of course it's going to take the rest of the season the get the fucking thing fixed. Would be nice if they cared to update people ever, instead of just letting rumors fly.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Will the powerline have better shrub control by the power company than Snowbowl's main runs?
    Judging by all the trees laying on the line, I think it might be telecom.

The original plan had them cutting runs (black C runs on map) and glades on that side of TV, and a lift to the top from the base along the t-bar alignment. But they already payed James Nahues for a new trail map, so I'm guessing those will not be put in anytime soon.

Parking will be the next problem, time to start charging for people that don't carpool on the weekend.

Name:	tv.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	310796

yeahman, hike up highroller is easy and worth it if snow is good. Don't let the lift being down stop you from visiting. Plus snowpark side it fun to check out .

The parking is already massively fucked if you are crazy enough to show up after 10 on Saturday. Otherwise it's fine. Sundays are never a problem.

Does anyone put tech inserts into boots a la CAST locally?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    The original plan had them cutting runs (black C runs on map) and glades on that side of TV, and a lift to the top from the base along the t-bar alignment. But they already payed James Nahues for a new trail map, so I'm guessing those will not be put in anytime soon.
    So, I think they paid the big J.N. for two versions of the map- one that has the runs cut and one without.

If you look closely at the new map board at the top of Snow Park, you'll see the final version with red tape over the to-be-cut TV runs.

For reference in Google Earth I think this what they have so far:

Name:  TV_current.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  170.0 KB

And here is what that master plan doc plans for:

Name:  TV_master.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  173.5 KB

I think most of the remaining runs still to be added at this point are glades like Far East. A return run on the frontside would require good snow years, but it is approved.

I hate to be a guy that calls for groomers but Spartan is just awful, awful moguls with all the traffic coming down from Snow Park. They should groom that shit.

Couldn't pass up some chair 4 pow on the way home from Jackson. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200117_102306.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	311188

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I hate to be a guy that calls for groomers but Spartan is just awful, awful moguls with all the traffic coming down from Snow Park. They should groom that shit.
    At least part of it. Would also cut down the bushes, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Couldn't pass up some chair 4 pow on the way home from Jackson. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200117_102306.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	311188

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Nice.
    No longer stuck.

Going to be in Missoula next weekend with the family and thinking about sneaking away for half a day skiing Saturday. Any update on the cable repair? Discount for tickets? $47 for a half day seems crazy. Only a $5 discount from full day, dafuq?
    Staying at the C’mon Inn. Is there a shuttle to snowbowl?
    If it works out, I would like to ski with you montana kooks!

shuttle (school) bus picks up just north of the gas station, right across grant cr rd from your hotel in the morning. $3 round trip. It is also easy to hitch hike up/down from same spot.

I would not recommend afternoon half day. You can save $5 on full day ticket by showing another resort season pass(maybe only MT resort?). Or there might be a lodging discount.

Plenty of skiing without the upper chair.

Make sure to get a pizza in the bar if you have never had one.

The fucking bumps on Griz are spring time sized. Agreed on Spartan, that thing is haggard.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    shuttle (school) bus picks up just north of the gas station, right across grant cr rd from your hotel in the morning. $3 round trip. It is also easy to hitch hike up/down from same spot.

I would not recommend afternoon half day. You can save $5 on full day ticket by showing another resort season pass(maybe only MT resort?). Or there might be a lodging discount.

Plenty of skiing without the upper chair.

Make sure to get a pizza in the bar if you have never had one.
    Ok thanks. Can’t ski full day as we will be rolling in at around noon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ok thanks. Can’t ski full day as we will be rolling in at around noon.
    You can still manage to snag a spot, since there are always a fair number of morning-only locals that take off around lunchtime.

Hill reported 3in today, but skied more like 4-6in of rightside-up snow. Great refresh for the mountain going into the weekend.

Name:	IMG_6897.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	311259

Them bowls are sure lookin' purty

Maybe it's from growing up in Illinois, but I can't believe people complain about the Bowl. Looking forward to getting up there this weekend.