Page 147 of 190 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4750
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Stuart Mountain snotel reporting 25 inches with 30% snow density! Seems it's setting up into a bombproof base up top.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

My housemate's gonna be a lifty at (almost) 50.

Assuming they don't try to go toe-to-toe with the Missoula County Health Department and lose.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

And what's going on with pass photos/pickup?
    No longer stuck.

If they don't have a photo of you on file you have to email them before November 8th :-)

^ Yeah I figured that I’d just call and have them mail my pass this year. I’m usually a stickler for getting a new pass photo every season, but I guess this is the year to be different....

Lookout has some decent turns this weekend BTW:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9155.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	291.1 KB 
ID:	349287

We had brought to touring gear as the news of Lookout cutting runs on Lion this summer sparked our interest. We get up there, and while the runs look like they would offer some great BC turns, the snowmobilers have realized that they can get on those slopes too. The entire area was absolutely shot with snowmobile tracks from top to bottom. Probably going to be like that all season now too. Fuckers.

Disco opening Turkey day. Buddy who patrols says it's not too bad for what snow they have. Not sure what's gonna open but I'll prob go make a few runs before I gotta cook.

Oh yeah also said the warm Tues created a pretty solid crust with a few new inches on top. We'll see how that plays out with new snow.

I hit an opener up there one year with a 4 inch base of solid crust. Then there was 4-6 of fresh pow on top. It was awesome. Ride the lift with an old snow bowler and he gave me a tour which was basically skiing top to bottom angel somethings run after run. I finally convinced him to go in the woods and we skied untracked pow the rest of the day on a four inch base. I could barely walk at the end of the day. It was awesome being able to ski wherever u wanted on such a small base. Guy was super nice. Don’t remember his name but remember he had like 20 pairs of the pink vokl p12s I think.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    I hit an opener up there one year with a 4 inch base of solid crust. Then there was 4-6 of fresh pow on top. It was awesome. Ride the lift with an old snow bowler and he gave me a tour which was basically skiing top to bottom angel somethings run after run. I finally convinced him to go in the woods and we skied untracked pow the rest of the day on a four inch base. I could barely walk at the end of the day. It was awesome being able to ski wherever u wanted on such a small base. Guy was super nice. Don’t remember his name but remember he had like 20 pairs of the pink vokl p12s I think.
    That would be Mark, though he usually paints them black with a minimalistic pinstripe design. He finally stopped skiing them recently, now he skis old Snowrangers. He also takes ski tuning to the level of fine artistry.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Ha. Nice. Figured one of you guys would know him. It was an opener to remember. I’m kinda a low tide connoisseur though. Mark was cool - fed me lunch from his backpack all day so we could keep shredding!!

Ill be in Missoula for the holidays. Any current State or Health Department covid related mandates that will impact operations at SnowBowl this winter? No info about their covid planning on SB's shitty web page yet. No surprise.

They have announced absolutely nothing.

Also, I guess I missed the cutoff so I'm gonna get my Cousin Eddie lookin photo again. Could be worse.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Harsh View Post
    Ill be in Missoula for the holidays. Any current State or Health Department covid related mandates that will impact operations at SnowBowl this winter? No info about their covid planning on SB's shitty web page yet. No surprise.
    The got this on there.

IMPORTANT SNOWBOWL COVID-19 VIRUS POLICIES
    The safety and health or our guests and employees are of the utmost importance as we open for summer operations.
    We will be following all the current directives of the Health Department and the CDC.

Following the Health Department directive and to limit congregation and the spread of the virus, we will be separating seating and waiting lines to maintain social distancing of 6 feet as well as sanitizing common areas on a regular basis. Wearing a mask is now required when indoors and where adequate separation is not possible.

Please remember to follow CDC guidelines:
     Social distancing –give each other extra space, 6 feet is recommended
     Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and wash them frequently
     If you are feeling sick, or have recently been in an area experiencing a spike in infections please stay home
     Limit congregation to no more than 10 persons
     Avoiding touching your nose, mouth, and eyes

WINTER SKI SEASON POLICIES
    At this time we are planning to continue our summer policies and precautions during the winter season. These measures follow health department and other government requirements and include limited use of indoor facilities, wearing masks inside and where social distancing is not possible. We do not plan on limiting the number of skiers on any day but masks will probably be required where there are waiting lines including lift lines. We are making changes to expedite day ticket sales and and other sales. Rental and Snowsports reservations and transactions will be made online. Hopefully things will be better!

If you have Day Ticket Coupons left from last season, we will honor those coupons this season through December 20th. After December 20th they will no longer be valid.

Enjoy recreating outside in Montana at the Bowl!

Thank you for your cooperation and supporting Snowbowl!

This quote from LT made me laugh.

We ask all snow enthusiasts that like to hike, skin, or post hole our mountain to please enjoy until November 20th end of the day.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Not limiting day tickets is stupid. Like most people up there don't have passes anyways? So a couple college students won't be able to go? They can be some of the worst spreaders anyway.
    And that bus? That sounds like a Rona Deluxe. Maybe keep the windows open.
    No longer stuck.

Hit up disco to grab my pass and crank a few laps. Def low tide but nice to be out. Hardly anybody up there.

Good to know!
    Wanting to go tomorrow, but also thinking Lookout might have more open.

Also, I'm told Snowbowl does have a canopy of some kind going up outside on the porch.
    IDK why they're always so bad at updating people on anything. Like when LeValle went down it was just rumors rumors rumors.
    No longer stuck.

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is probably a better thread than the SW one but how is the base at Whitefish and Turner? Hoping to book my flight and hotels later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by FigureELEVEN11 View Post
    This is probably a better thread than the SW one but how is the base at Whitefish and Turner? Hoping to book my flight and hotels later this week.
    Whitefish is in the depths of a never ending high pressure system. At this rate, very little will be open on opening day, it'll be backside only, and it'll be mandatory downloading to get back down the frontside.

Lookout was alright Monday. Good to finally get skiing.
    Is Snowbowl able (or willing) to make enough snow to get some top to bottom skiing open this weekend, or must we all be doomed to the high pressure suck fest?

Where is this La Niña we were promised?! I want my La Niña!
    No longer stuck.

Patience is a virtue here. Yeah the high pressure sucks, but it could b a lot worse. At least we have ski hills opening here with relatively few crowds (Snowbowl fuckhead management notwithstanding).

Thank god we don’t have to deal with reservations. Check out the “crystal mountain becomes Alterra” thread for an example of that shitshow...

It seems the entire Rocky Mountains is stuck in high pressure hell. ¿Por que, la Niña, por que?
    No longer stuck.

How soon after they open you think MC Health Department shuts them down (or makes them shut the lodges)?
    If I Venmo them a dollar, will they just mail me my pass? Idiots.
    No longer stuck.

^^^ha, that you on their facebook post?

I am amazed the lodge is allowed to be open. Lifts are spinning in CA, seems unlikely they will not spin in MT(due to covid).

Yeah, with Giantfuckface on the way in, no way are there going to be state-wide shutdown orders this winter.

I am not so sure about why everyone is concerned about the pass pickup. I mean, we all go to Costco and the grocery store, right? I am betting the line forms outside. I, for one, will be there early.