Page 187 of 190 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 4735
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    That is interesting that Transporter also had "deficiencies."
    Yeah that one caught me by surprise. Since they paid Skytrac to install it, I'd imagine that Snowbowl could at least have the lift 'fixes' covered by them?

I thought this was a big 'ol nothingburger based on the reactions from everyone I spoke to....

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    So do the passes have bar codes and shit this year? Are they the same homemade shit with laminate-while-you-wait process and everything?

Good to see that the Bowl still hasn't gotten sign offs from the Forest Service, per the Missoulian today:

I am not sure why Brad wasn't available for comment, but I thought Andy had taken over as the main spokesman?
    Same old pass with a bar code.

From Snowbowl this morning.

November 30, 2023

This is an update regarding Snowbowl's status as we prepare to begin the 2023-24 ski season. As of today, we currently do not have snow levels that would allow us to open any part of the mountain. Temperatures have allowed our snowmaking team to be busy in the past few weeks (see webcam snapshot below), and our maintenance crew has been busy in their annual preparations to get the mountain ready for our customers. Our lift department has been busy with hiring and training for the upcoming season and the entire staff is patiently waiting for the winter storms that will give us the base snowpack we need to open for the season.

As discussed in previous statements we have been working with an independent certified tramway engineer throughout the summer and this fall. He has spent several days inspecting, evaluating, and riding all our chairlifts. In addition, the Forest Service tramway engineer and Lolo National Forest staff have also spent several days, independently, inspecting the lifts, reviewing our quality assurance program, training curriculum, and proctoring training sessions.
    All the inspections, certifications, changes, and corrections required by the Forest Service or noted in inspections by the independent tramway engineer for the safe operations of our lifts have been completed and submitted to the Forest Service. Additional paperwork was requested by Forest Service on Monday Nov. 28, 2023, which we are compiling. We still have our annual preseason lift inspection. Once this been performed, we can make the final preparations for lift service at which point we fully expect the Forest Service’s final sign-off to begin winter operations.

Weather permitting, we plan to open the mountain on December 8th. Please check our social media accounts for updates as we approach that date, and pray for snow!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Yeah that one caught me by surprise. Since they paid Skytrac to install it, I'd imagine that Snowbowl could at least have the lift 'fixes' covered by them?

I thought this was a big 'ol nothingburger based on the reactions from everyone I spoke to....
    Part of their contract with Sky Trac, is that Sky Trac is responsible for all maintenance for the first two years. It seems odd that there would be issues with it, however, a short-cut by Sky Trac electricians led to the hydraulic rams being damaged before the season started last year. While that was remedied, I suppose it's possible that there may be other gremlins lurking.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

last call for upper Jumbo today

12/8 seems awfully optimistic. Snow levels? There are no levels because there is no snow. If you need me, I'll be sobbing in the corner.
    At least the lift thing is just final paperwork and sign-offs? Missoulian sucks.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It used to be, that the scheduled opening was the day after Thanksgiving, but they have moved it back because of the lack of snow that early. Now they shoot for a week into December. It is always tentative, depending on snowfall, and in this yearss case, an active permit from the Forest Service as well.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I seem to remember a lot of years back in the 80s/90s when the Bowl didn't get open until around Christmas vacation.

remember last year when they did open on the 9th but didn't really tell anyone they were actually going to open until like that morning?

Do we start a pool? I'm going with jan 5th. (i do actually expect them to open by then, but if not i won't be surprised either)

Picked up passes (now with barcodes!) this morning and would just like to congratulate the first failed contender of the season at Bartender's Corner, presumably from last night.

Strong work!

Lol

Also really like the quote on KPAX about "a new video or something" for the lifties. They really know how to talk to the press/public.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The bowl will be better than ever this year functionality wise! When it eventially gets sold all the haters will have all new things to bitch about... At the end of the day its one hell of a mountain. Skiing is fun and snowbowl has kick ass terrain! It is what it is fellas

Snowbowl authorized to operate and they are running the rope tow sunday.

In case anyone was wondering, it's bad up there. Gave up and walked down the bottom of paradise. Should have started walking earlier. No signs of snowmaking equipment on it. Maybe I should have tried longhorn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231212_211220464.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	534.8 KB 
ID:	479266

Name:	PXL_20231212_211222867.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	484.8 KB 
ID:	479267

Name:	PXL_20231212_224510185.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	322.3 KB 
ID:	479268

Name:	PXL_20231212_215840457.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	479269

Name:	PXL_20231212_220336644.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	479270

Under lavelle was ok. my ski bases are not ok.
    Last edited by jamal; 12-12-2023 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks. Somebody had to do it.

Lost Trail announced they plan to open tomorrow, Dec 14th. No details on which lifts will be running.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    In case anyone was wondering, it's bad up there. Gave up and walked down the bottom of paradise. Should have started walking earlier. No signs of snowmaking equipment on it. Maybe I should have tried longhorn.

Under lavelle was ok. my ski bases are not ok.
    Hiked up there today for something to do. Went up Paradise run to about 6900ft before the snow got deep enough to be annoying @ ~10 inches in the open. Saw a few ski-attempt tracks which I guess included yours. Crash marks, upturned rocks n sticks mid-turn, and down-walkin ski boot marks all painted a rosy scene, lol.

View from above
    A Snowbowl regular asks those who manage the beleaguered mountain for some clarity.

https://thepulp.org/view-from-above/

I believe this video is from 12/21.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1IOw...E1MWVjZGVmZQ==

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Shamless plug here. My in laws have seven puppies they would like to sell. Currently 4 weeks old, so they would be of age (8 weeks) by end of January with first round of immunizations. Cross between a pure breed border collie and pure breed Great Pyrenees. Going to be an active loyal dog! Puppies are in Belt MT, I’m in the Flathead and happy to make connections. Happy to answer any questions! Happy holidays!

Name:	Image1703594328.573551.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	658.6 KB 
ID:	480694

I imagine a giant, gregarious, and hyperactive dog with a genetic predisposition to herd anything that moves. LOL!

I had that mix and he was 100% Great Pyrenees in attitude after a couple years. Mellow, slow moving, - did not herd. Not great on long hikes or biking which was fine by me. Very protective though of course. Ending up looking like like a GP mostly. I've seen other dogs of the same mix that looked like a massive hairy border collie which was cool too. Just anecdotal, I know, but ya never know what you are going to get, those two type of dogs are quite different IMO.

Kinda want another but current dog is more than enough mentally for me.

So much Wrong Form, unrepentant puppy mill ilk. Lower than the snow pack is.

How was the Tbar riding?