Page 115 of 190 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Verdict: variable to quite variable.

Are you going to be around tomorrow?

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Looks like it will NOT be a warm sunny day for Snowbowl's closing day, so, if you're on the mountain tomorrow, keep an eye out for blue women skiing in bikinis.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I was gonna come up with the kid but I just can't risk having him see Rasputin in a banana hammock. See you all in December.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I was gonna come up with the kid but I just can't risk having him see Rasputin in a banana hammock. See you all in December.
    Not that I would ever dress immodestly, but if I did fit my package into a speedo, it would certainly make an impression.

The last day was pretty marginal in the upper bowls, and bad on the lower half, however powdery turns were found off of the TV traverse, so my season ended in style.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Fluffy turns in West Bowl this evening. Angel Face has good coverage, but the new snow had some breakable crustiness on hard the crust.

Seems like a bad time to be a home buyer in Missoula, but I know someone looking for an agent, so PM me if you have a recommendation. Would be on low end of market, <$300k.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Seems like a bad time to be a home buyer in Missoula, but I know someone looking for an agent, so PM me if you have a recommendation. Would be on low end of market, <$300k.
    I just bought to move back to Missoula - long time working on this move. Looking forward to meeting several of you on the bikes or skis in the future.

KC Hart is an old ski buddy from Snowbowl, he and I worked there teaching back in the late 80s, early 90s. Good guy, nice style and down to earth. Highly recommend, he is who we used.

Congrats, Iowa.

406, check out Deke Tildwell (spelling probably not even close) at Properties 2000 or see if Carly Kelly is still around at Berkshire Hathaway. Good peeps. Tell them Alex recommend them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Great couple of days in the Missions this week.

Thursday on McDonald:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2130.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	282172

Name:	IMG_2134.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	282173

Name:	IMG_2136.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	282175

Today on East St Mary:

Name:	IMG_2158.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	911.1 KB 
ID:	282176

Name:	IMG_2165.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	942.2 KB 
ID:	282177

Name:	IMG_2166.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	282178

Holy crap Ted! FKNA! Strong work!!!

^ strong work indeed

looks like some awesome conditions

X3 fucking awesome mission stoke! See any bears?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    X3 fucking awesome mission stoke! See any bears?
    Only a few black bears on the way down from Ashley Lakes Thursday

Awesome Mission photos. What elevation did you get to snow? Hopefully before the horrific whack around the upper lake?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Awesome Mission photos. What elevation did you get to snow? Hopefully before the horrific whack around the upper lake?
    Snowline was right around Ashley Lakes. Couple pictures in case anyone’s looking for beta: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2142.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	282358

Name:	IMG_2144.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	282359

Time for an Early-June bump.

Went out with wordbird to check how conditions on Lolo Peak were progressing. Did not manage to get up there last fall when the area re-opened, so it was quite the experience seeing how much everything changed since the 2017 fire.

It was a little over a mile hike before hitting solid snow. The jaunt over to Carlton lake was quick enough, and was a good spot for a break:

Name:	pano_peak.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	284639

wordbird on the move:

Name:	lake_skintrack.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	284640

Someone had set a solid skin track up the peak, and snapped a few pics up top the ridge before we had to descend.

Name:	LoloSummit_Southview.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	284641

Name:	LoloSummit_SWview.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	284643

Overall the day provided some creamed-corn goodness, and it was fun seeing a number of Missouligans also getting after it.

Anyone else been probing the high country with/without skis lately?

Damn, I was wondering how it was looking up there. Looks good!
    Call me next time, lol.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Biked to Logan pass this weekend. Probably more snow up high now than at this point last year. Should still be some decent skiing up there when the road opens

Hello from BC. Can you help what are the options for an overnight camp stop in Missoula we a heading over to Wyoming for a running race and are going to break the journey in Missoula. Or is there a recommended cheap motel? Cheers Clarkee

Quote Originally Posted by clarkee View Post
    Hello from BC. Can you help what are the options for an overnight camp stop in Missoula we a heading over to Wyoming for a running race and are going to break the journey in Missoula. Or is there a recommended cheap motel? Cheers Clarkee
    There's not many camping areas in the Missoula area itself, so unless you go to the KOA (or other privately-owned one) you'll end up camping outside of town. If you are into that kind of thing and don't plan on spending much time in town, then there are a couple locations nearby:

- Quartz flat (West of Missoula)
    - Lolo Creek (South of Missoula)
    - Rock Creek (East of Missoula)

However, if you do plan on checking out Missoula proper, then I'd almost have to say a cheap motel would be a better option.

I've stayed at the KOA off Reserve Street many times. They have tent sites. Makes a good base camp if you want to expore the town a little.

Awesome, we have a few hours for a walk and a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkee View Post
    Awesome, we have a few hours for a walk and a meal.
    Cool, you'll probably want to drive downtown for a walk and a meal--Reserve Street has lots of stuff but it's kind of sprawl. Downtown much nicer with riverfront trails, cool bars, etc. The KOA is set back from the road, though, not too bad for urban camping. Have fun.

Do you want to actually be in missoula and do stuff here or just stop in the general location?

Also near that quartz flat campground to the west of town is big pine campground on fish creek. Little farther off the highway though.

Friend of mine runs (owns?) city center motel in missoula. I think it used to be kind of a shady rent by the week type of place but he's cleaned it up a bit. It's a few blocks east of downtown and would be better for walking and checking stuff out than the koa.

Sorry to hijack the camping suggestions, but can anyone recommend a likely-less-than-crowded campground down towards Hamilton for Labor Day weekend? We could go as far south as Painted Rocks. We'll be fishing, so riverside would be ideal. Also interested in Schumaker, but seems like a long drive to find out its full.