Page 41 of 191 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4758
    ok, I'm sorry. I went skiing. I feel better.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Sweet lift closure today; I was on Griz for about an hour and ten minutes until they roped us down. I was an hour late to work.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Good thing I went to LT!!!
    No longer stuck.

It is completely freaking stupid the bowl is closed on Tuesdays. One day a week? Really, yeah it is stupid. But it's not as stupid as when they were closed on Tuesdays ALL WINTER, so there's not a lot to whine about really. How about the 9:30 opening? Is there any other area that opens that late? Even Lookout opens at 8:30, WTF Snowbowl?

Spread the word, it sucks here!

What do you all think about the expansion EIS? I hope it doesn't break them financially. If they're cutting it so close they can't afford to operate on Tuesdays, well then

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryhg View Post
    Spread the word, it sucks here!

What do you all think about the expansion EIS? I hope it doesn't break them financially. If they're cutting it so close they can't afford to operate on Tuesdays, well then
    had a little dusting on my deck yesterday, wonder how it bonded - gotta go to know

AS for the expansion, send in your comments! They should keep up the work spring, summer, and fall in my mind and with the main environemental concern being Butler creek fishery i'd say we're good to go. Get another chair running of the base ASAP.

I wouldn't mind if a lift never went up TV, however, if it does happen, I'll spin laps on it all day.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Yesterday was mostly wind blown pow, smooth and fun. Free beer&chill,bartenders cup,for the WIN!

I'm coming into town for the DBT show. I was going to ski Tuesday up at Crystal (Bowl is closed see above post :-), and then Wednesday at the bowl. Anybody been to Crystal lately? Would it be better to go ski something bigger down the Root?

As a former, and hopefully future, snowbowler I would like to weigh in on the TV lift. I hope it never happens. The ticket prices are already high. I know those guys are just trying to stay afloat, but man. I can ski Bridger for 5 more bucks. I absolutely love the terrain off TV. I used to tour up the road with my dog and ski the top section out to the pit. I think it is better left as slack country. Do you think the mellow beginner terrain off the back is really going to give the bowl so much more appeal?
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Quote Originally Posted by inthemtns View Post
    I'm coming into town for the DBT show. I was going to ski Tuesday up at Crystal (Bowl is closed see above post :-), and then Wednesday at the bowl. Anybody been to Crystal lately? Would it be better to go ski something bigger down the Root?

As a former, and hopefully future, snowbowler I would like to weigh in on the TV lift. I hope it never happens. The ticket prices are already high. I know those guys are just trying to stay afloat, but man. I can ski Bridger for 5 more bucks. I absolutely love the terrain off TV. I used to tour up the road with my dog and ski the top section out to the pit. I think it is better left as slack country. Do you think the mellow beginner terrain off the back is really going to give the bowl so much more appeal?
    the beginner terrain will ((((hopefully)))) keep the gapers out of the bowls, and more importantly, off the outrun. that's my main support for the expansion. But in reality, it won't happen for another few years . . . It's just a big topic at the moment because this is one of the rare times when you actually appear to see movement in a government-involved beaurocratic process - AND it's an insane snow year and we see more and more traffic up TV any blah blah blah.

As for next week, DBT should be fun, I don't know about Crystal, but hopefully it will be powder wednesday if we aren't hurting too bad after the show

don't hold your breath. Brad said it was a 10 year plan in the news the other day.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

yea no doubt, we'll see guard rails before new lift towers - anyway - conditions are sweet up there, till the bottom half of griz chute. But the forecast is calling for balmy condions for the VERTICAL CHALLENGE!!!! Who's in for some meniscus damage?

Heh, Garland offered to sponsor me for the Vert Challenge, but I work immediately afterward, and would like to have the use of my legs.

Yesterday was yet another sleeper "Tall Two" which skied like five. Sort of sandy granular powder. It covered up pretty well, but as Bob said, on the lower mountain (from around the top of the outrun), where there'd been warmer temps Thursday, and less new snow, there was noticeable but manageable crustiness, in other words, variable conditions.

nice to finally meet you.
    That was more than 2. hehe.
    No longer stuck.

It looks like the clouds could align for a powder Wed. I can't wait to be back at the bowl. I think we are going to risk it up at Crystal Tues.
    As for TV lift, guardrails will be nice. I've driven off the side of the road and it would have been a lot nicer to have gotten my dents from a rail instead of trees. Granted that was when the road was a lot narrower. You would have to be exceptionally high or drunk to take it off the side now.
    See you all in the bar over a bloody.
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

any good b/c options in the missoula area for tomorrow. mofro and i will be on our way to jackson but would love to split up the drive with a ski around missoula. any and all info will be appreciated. a guide would kick ass.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Mill 2, from yesterday in the Bitterroot. Long slog around the south side to enter on the looker's left, then down the middle. Nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    any good b/c options in the missoula area for tomorrow. mofro and i will be on our way to jackson but would love to split up the drive with a ski around missoula. any and all info will be appreciated. a guide would kick ass.
    Apparently Cloud Cult knows where the goods are.

Sweet line CC!

We will be sure to repay the favor when you come to Wa
    Move upside and let the man go through...

are you out-of-towners skiing on area tomorrow, Z-Bo made it sound like y'all would be on the road?

Pissing rain in town, stacking up quick on the Lolo cam. Make'er happen Capt'n.

If you WA boyz are still around, I'll be in line with the yellow OR jacket and black helmet w/ a Powder sticker on the brim.

I predict three inches at Snowbowl, and a lot of grumpy people complaining about the forecast being wrong.

already in jackson. wanted to ski mt today but everything is closed tuesday and it was pretty warm everywhere we drove by. is lolo good? it looks like there's nothing above the pass but a couple hundred feet of mellow. the bitterroots are impressive but we had no clue how to get into them. next time i'll try advance notice
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Another sweet day of variable conditions at The Bowl. There was hard crust involved, but it was somewhat submerged under 2-3" of heavy windbuff. The Outrun was hang-on-for-dear-life, scary fast.

More variable conditions. You heard it from me first.

Wednesday was good where it was good, and a nice day for skiing new skis all over. Had friends in town for the show the night before and they were stoked for the forecast but the texts came in while we up TV, their home mountain MOONLIGHT was storm skiing all day with over a foot of cold smoke - classic times at the bowl.