Page 123 of 191 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4757
    Eh, I don't think there needs to be a lot of "above average temps" to use that word. Plus it's a nice way to describe that high pressure rebound after the early season cold snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2012 View Post
    Snowbowl's Tax Evasion Plan. I guarantee you SB doesn't pay a dime of taxes on the huge bag of "cash only" passes. Kinda bullshit in my book. Let's say they sell 500 passes at the party for $500/each, totalling $250K. I'm sure the $50k (20%) that they don't pay in tax goes right into the hill....or goes to pay their employee's better, or to provide better equipment to their staff, or, or, or. Right.
    Since when are business taxed on gross revenue?

You're right. You have to subtract operating costs off gross revenue to get taxable income. That new juicer they got some years ago is a fucking money sink in maintenance costs....not to mention all of the money they're putting into Griz.

So funny that they are fullbore with a marketing campaign about a new lift that hasn't even passed a load test. Load testing is a big deal and surely not a done deal.

^^especially if Pat was involved in the construction

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I'm a damn proud father today, my 19 year old son just bought a season pass out of his own pocket!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Did Tom Wells get back on skis?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

He has been skiing Disco, with his new hips.

That's great. I owe T a bunch for a zillion good days raging around the Bowl bitd.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    He has been skiing Disco, with his new hips.
    More power to him, he's a diehard; he had gotten to be in so much pain that he couldn't get his boots on and off, so he invented a tool to do it.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Anyone hear any news on how the load testing went for the Snowpark chair?
    Last edited by Smokey2012; 11-27-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 11-27-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Not sure bout disco posting protocol but went for a drive up the rumsey(backside) rd today to check it out and let dogs run. Looking very low tide back there but plow guy did show up as I was walking dogs. That lot they made is fairly small but curious how often it gets used. Was talking to patrol tonight and still planning opening sat but not a whole lot gonna be available. I might need to road trip back to the old stomping grounds.

success

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2012 View Post
    Anyone hear any news on how the load testing went for the Snowpark chair?
    I heard that both Griz and Snow Park chairs passed load testing and are good to go. Now all they need is snow that fills in and sticks around....

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that the Snow Park chair is only scheduled to operate on weekends/holidays?
    This is the first I've heard of that concept.

Same, but it would not surprise me in the slightest.

I am picking up my pass tomorrow but not sure if I'll screw up the courage to actually ask Ronnie.

^ I'll be doing the same tomorrow

New update from them: No opening this weekend, need more snow.

Disco may be in the cards then

Maybe they will follow the Great Divide model of only opening the outer chair(s) on weekends and holidays. Kind of aggravating but at least at GD you can mostly ski the good outer terrain and still traverse back to the base, even if the chairs aren't running.

Looking at the new Snowbowl map, it looks like there is a road from the bottom of the Snow Park lift back to the parking lot. But it appears to be out of the ski area boundary. I wonder if people will be able to ski the Snow Park terrain even if the lift is closed and ski the road back to the base.

The road is a long ways and trends up hill to the parking lot. Easy skin from bottom of snow park back up to TV mtn. I think it would be cool to lap powder back there midweek and earn the turns if the lift is not running.

I just picked up my pass, and Ronnie confirmed that the new lift will only operate Thursday through Sunday, plus Holidays.

No need to travel to LT for powder Thursday’s now

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I just picked up my pass, and Ronnie confirmed that the new lift will only operate Thursday through Sunday, plus Holidays.
    Bummer to hear that. However, the upside could be LT-style powder Thursdays on that chair if the bowl gets snow Mon-Wed.

There will still be the bootpack going up TV mountain for midweek turns.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    The road is a long ways and trends up hill to the parking lot. Easy skin from bottom of snow park back up to TV mtn. I think it would be cool to lap powder back there midweek and earn the turns if the lift is not running.
    I wonder if someone will pack out a return trail from the upper part of 'Yabba-dabba-doo' (christ what a lame name). Methinks it could be done, and would cut down on the amount of uphill skinning required to get back to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Hey now, no getting mad at Snowbowl lest you be banished to Disco forever.

edit: this is really only a two-day closure since Snowbowl is actually only open for like 3 Tuesdays a year.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    'Yabba-dabba-doo' (christ what a lame name).
    You'll have to get yourself one of these...Fred's a ripper.