Page 57 of 191 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4757
    Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    Thanks for the info. Tickets are $30 tomorrow so that and more than likely thin crowds definitely make it worth while.

I know snowbowl has a long history of PR incidents and local drama around these parts, but doing discounted tickets and setting up a "race" to the top tomorrow is pretty impressive PR from my point of view.
    When life gives you lemons . . . .

the race is a good move on Brad's part, he loves to ski and otherwise keeps a pretty low profile. All the drama usually comes from the drunken mouth-breathing know-it-alls.

See you on top!

My nose is suffed up.

Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    Thanks for the info. Tickets are $30 tomorrow so that and more than likely thin crowds definitely make it worth while.

I know snowbowl has a long history of PR incidents and local drama around these parts, but doing discounted tickets and setting up a "race" to the top tomorrow is pretty impressive PR from my point of view.
    yeah maybe they should pay you to "do PR" because those of us who have skied there a long time know for sure that it's "PR" that keeps the Bowl running. just like dipshit Will Ferrell and "more cowbell," you can make your sales pitch "more PR!"

that's right up there with giving desk jockey poseurs the "stoke" that keeps TGR being a Gaperfest!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Race to the top huh, well that was an uncharacteristically quick response. It's a PR TRIUMPH!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Some speed flying I've done on Sentinel over the past month. Some with skis, some without. It's HD on the vimeo site if you like.

You get 500,000 gnar points,how did you keep your balls from hitting the M as you flew over?

Are jeans official speed flying wear?

Nice flyin tetzen!!

and
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Race to the top huh, well that was an uncharacteristically quick response. It's a PR TRIUMPH!
    FTW!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159198.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	108899

Best "zero" inches of new I've ever skied A lot of fun up top this morning.

Top to bottom windbuff FTmotherfuckingW.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Caray View Post
    Are jeans official speed flying wear?
    Hah, when it's 45º in January they sure are, plus they make me go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    thanx smokey for confirming what i have been hearing. prolly wont bother w/ the effort if the fine lines aren't in play.
    Late march is the best time in the Missions IMHO. Late April to early May also offers great touring and the trailheads can be accessed too.

I just got back from 3 days up at yurtski in the Swan range, it was amazing! They had about 12" of new snow from thursday, then another 3-4" last night. The snow was great, and it was pretty funny to leave their 7' base to come back to almost t-shirt weather and grass in Bozeman (again). There's good skiing to be had around Missoula this year, take advantage of it!

Lost Trail tomorrow?

I've had it with this no snow wasteland in Bozeman. I think I'm going to rally over to Lost Trail tonight, camp in my rig and ski tomorrow. Two things:

1. Who is skiing there tomorrow? Let's link up. PM me and let's ride.
    2. Car Camping. Can I just post up in their lot when I get their tonight? Or is there somewhere closer where I can park; trail head, etc.?

There are two lots on the north side of the road for XC skiing coming west on 43 from Wisdom, the one for Chief Joseph Pass is further from the road; it's about a mile before the ski area. The other is right at the junction with 93. I can't remember if there is a toilet in either one or not. The rest area right next to LTP is closed for the winter. There's nothing for a ways on 93 though there are a few places closer down into the Big Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I've had it with this no snow wasteland in Bozeman. I think I'm going to rally over to Lost Trail tonight, camp in my rig and ski tomorrow. Two things:

2. Car Camping. Can I just post up in their lot when I get their tonight? Or is there somewhere closer where I can park; trail head, etc.?

they usually don't care about parking if you ask first, but your arrival time might prevent that. they're only supposed to get a couple in. tonight, so you most likely won't have an issue with plows. i say just park it in the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

I have heard that LT allows overnight car camping. Everyone I know who works there is cool with it. I love powder thursdays but I can't make it tomorrow.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    I just got back from 3 days up at yurtski in the Swan range, it was amazing! They had about 12" of new snow from thursday, then another 3-4" last night. The snow was great, and it was pretty funny to leave their 7' base to come back to almost t-shirt weather and grass in Bozeman (again). There's good skiing to be had around Missoula this year, take advantage of it!
    we were at yurtski Jan 5-8 last month. super bad avy conditions. 'bilers triggered slides on high mark and supernatural bowls by the lookout. a skier triggered a slide in breakfast bowl. we cut the cornice above poop shoot with the Backcountry Bomb. the crown was about 18" deep to the ground almost and about 75 yards wide. ran all the way to the bottom. we farmed out Burned Trees.

always a good time though and we will be back for sure.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    we were at yurtski Jan 5-8 last month. super bad avy conditions. 'bilers triggered slides on high mark and supernatural bowls by the lookout. a skier triggered a slide in breakfast bowl. we cut the cornice above poop shoot with the Backcountry Bomb. the crown was about 18" deep to the ground almost and about 75 yards wide. ran all the way to the bottom. we farmed out Burned Trees.

always a good time though and we will be back for sure.
    I had a great time at yurtski just after ya. We were there Jan 13, 14, 15. Despite the lack of new snowfall we still had decent turns. Most of the stuff below the lookout had been slayed from a large sledneck rally but breakfast bowl, poop chute, burnt trees were untouched. I took my nOOb to bc skiing gf and we found plenty of easy lines and she found most of it accessible. Another part of our crew went out to frozen solider and found a lot more instabilities. Have to say, Adam from yurtski was great to work with, I'd recommend them for yurt skiing opportunities. www.yurtski.com Gotta love having them haul a keg with our gear

Name:	P1010238.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	109246

Name:	P1010246.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	109247

Name:	P1010297.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	109248

Name:	P1010306.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	109249

^Looks more than decent to me!

Anyone make it up to the bowl today? With an alleged four inches new, it should've been fun.

I guess I can throw up a couple photos from the yurt.

Name:	422261_10150567998728130_500298129_8757477_956555646_n.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	109349

Name:	418547_10150567999118130_500298129_8757482_1480935217_n.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	109350

Name:	427460_10150567999033130_500298129_8757481_906552332_n.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	109351

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Bomber day at The Bowl. It got a bit scorched though, and was setting up in the shadows as the day ended.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Yesterday was good, today should hold more of the same . . . . plus

Mattie Gibson memorial run this afternoon 4 pm @ the top of Griz

The only way that griz run could have been harder,would be if my boots were unbuckeled.....R.I.P. Matty!

Gettin' better up there. Forecasts look like it will stay cool enough through the week.