Page 51 of 191 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4757
    Wow, you guys have a base, with some snow on top of it, and actual snow in the forecast. Cool.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

A chair fell off griz in 2005 and was declaired user error for swinging. I believe it was an exchange student and compressed his spine. That one didn't get much press either...

Faulty chairs or not, you guys at least have snow to land in when they come off. Like Tone said, at BB we've got nothing with nothing on the way.

I got roped off of chairs a total of 5 times in the 11 years I skied the bowl. I also got stuck once so long that I had to pee off the chair (to many PBRs at lunch). It was always the Griz. My buddy Blaise used to be a lifty. He made me watch the video of the lift rolling backwards (that SB shows to lifties every year).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8rXiN_Oys4

That's when I decided that if I ever felt the Griz start to shift back I was jumping. The only spot that would be sketchy is over the lower section of Griz. That's a tall section.

Stay safe up there. Enjoy the snow that you have. I might have to come over in the next few weeks to ski it. Bozeman is hurting...
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

LT getting hammered right now..

Snowbowl deleting Facebook questions/comments re Lavelle on the regular. Weak sauce.

Ronnie said some one came in hot to the lift and the newb lifty didn't stop the lift and a sign got in the way resulting in the cable derailing. What ever happened chair #29 is no longer in rotation. No failed welds:

In other news, rains sucks. Oh and I broke my binding again in West. Skied lower west and then got a ride from Pat down the out run. 3rd time I have done that...always on west.

It was a fun day, until binding broke after lunch at least. Wet, but nice turns on the upper half.

All Ski Area Special Use Permits, issued by the USDA Forest Service, should be put out for competative bid when they come up for renewal. If a ski resorts wants to make significant money by operating their business on public lands, the public should have an influence is the resorts business plan. Say a public board of directors or the like. This would have significant influence in the gripes you hear regarding the Bowl, particularly in the arena of public access...

I dream of the day when the City of Missoula owns Snowbowl and runs it as a non-profit. Similar to the Bridger Bowl model...I can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    you have seriously flawed judge of character and personality. why defend someone who wrongfully attacks others FOR NO REASON?
    FYI - Leaky Dickhole, aka Uncle Crud, aka Gonzostrike - the name changes, but the douche remains the same.

This one is eerily ironic - http://www.epicski.com/t/12882/good-...nded-to-offend

And this one - http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/29353/open-apology can't help but bring a tear to the eye, even from the King of the Interwebz Toughguys

The name changes, but the douche stays the same
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2012 View Post
    All Ski Area Special Use Permits, issued by the USDA Forest Service, should be put out for competative bid when they come up for renewal.
    No, they definitely should not.

406, thanks for the info. If you need to borrow any spare 7tm parts, let me know (although that looks like a ski problem...I probably have some bros with 7tms you could borrow if you need some skis).

Countryfunk: amazing. It makes a lot more sense now.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 12-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.

In other news, Snowbowl fails yet again at Social Media 101. Seriously, get off the computer, whoever it is running that show.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowbowl post1.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	106660
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowbowl post deleted.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	106659  

I also had a Facebook post deleted by Snowbowl. Mine was deleted within 1 minute of my posting it. If this is truly a non-issue like their communications claim, I don't understand why they are trying to sweep it under the rug. A clear explanation of what happened and what they've done about it would go a long way in assuring customers that their equipment is safe. Their actions here have just given me more reason for doubt.

I always feel like I'm taking my life into my own hands getting on the lifts at the Bowl.
    And I really get the feeling the people who run Snowbowl are hermits or something. Or maybe some of the Beavertail Mafia.
    I'll be at lost trail tomorrow with 2 boarders. Yell "fuck you" at the guy in red and grey with hellboy enforcers.

Oh yeah, and 406, that wouldn't happen on alpine gear. bwahahahahaha!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    406, thanks for the info. If you need to borrow any spare 7tm parts, let me know (although that looks like a ski problem...I probably have some bros with 7tms you could borrow if you need .
    Thanks. Trailhead had the part and said they could fix by Friday, so hopefully I should be good. Otherwise I might take you up on the offer or look into renting alpine gear.

Looks like some blue on the radar over the bowl.

Sometimes I miss LT.

c you @ LTPM on 12/29/11 folks woot woot!!!!!!

The independent has a few more details about what actually happened to the lavelle chair:

http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/...-loses-a-chair

and in other news from around the state, a chair fell off the willow creek lift at Red Lodge yesterday, injuring two teenagers.

LT was, um, interesting.
    Snowbowl deleted my comment about their comment deleting, so I made another comment about comment deleting and being straight forward.
    They will probably delete it.
    Probably following the same thought process that includes having a webpage with frames.
    No longer stuck.

LT was, um, interesting.
    explain.

A little crowded and slow to open all the lifts. Chair 4 never opened, and it didn't snow all day as forecasted. Sunny and warm. Lot of crud. Both my snowboard friends got stuck at separate times. It was funny.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryFunk View Post
    FYI - Leaky Dickhole, aka Uncle Crud, aka Gonzostrike - the name changes, but the douche remains the same.

This one is eerily ironic - http://www.epicski.com/t/12882/good-...nded-to-offend

And this one - http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/29353/open-apology can't help but bring a tear to the eye, even from the King of the Interwebz Toughguys

The name changes, but the douche stays the same
    You sure know me!

I wonder if you realize two things important to the above stuff you spent so much time digging up: (1) I don't take the internet seriously -- at all -- and never have; and (2) I play around with fiction on the internet, fiction which looks awfully serious to many if not most readers.

You should keep massaging that _________ you seem to harbor for me, though. It's swell.

And I mean that punnily, bro-heem.

Meanwhile, try sending me a PM with a threat of violence. Works for Backcountry Racks Boy!

You: "I'm not much of a skier, but I play a real badass on the TGR forums!"

Me: "Maybe you could note the ironies at play here, Big-Brain!"

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    you have seriously flawed judge of character and personality. why defend someone who wrongfully attacks others FOR NO REASON?
    OMIGOD! I GOTZ INZULTED ON TEH INTRAWEBZTOOBZ!

MOMMY! HE SAID THE INTERNETS WERE A JOKE!

And hey Siggy Catbreath, you're a clever one! You've decided that fictional posts are the core essence of a person!

I can see you now, watching some satire and saying to yourself, "This is the most un-funny stuff I've ever seen. Marge, don't forget to put more starch in my tightywhities! I like it when they chafe, it's like wearing a hairshirt in jockstrap form!"

NO ONE SHOULD EVER MAKE FUN OF THE INTERNETZ CUZ THEY ARE DED SEERYUS BIDNETH!

Hey crud, did you get to PSIA level 2 yet?

CF - you sure spit a lot of vitriol and acidity for it only being the internet and it not being serious. Someone piss in your cheerios there, Tiger?

creaky, stop thrunting. Seriously. It's old.
    No longer stuck.