Page 27 of 191 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    30" snow depth. over 20% moister. Anyone check it out?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

time to make some turns fellas.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    time to make some turns fellas.
    What are you doing tomorrow afternoon, and what do you have for demos?
    No longer stuck.

I can dawn patrol every day.

ORLY?
    I frequently don't have class early. Unfortunately, to my utter despair, I don't have the gear, or practice. I have shovel, beacon, probe, and some knowledge to use them. I have nothing for uphill travel.
    No longer stuck.

Arg... Three exams this week, kickin me in the nuts, I want to ski! I'll be out Sunday for sure.

I'm just gonna have to rent some demo's and join one of you. Is it dog safe?
    No longer stuck.

get some!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    get some!
    Sitting in the shop, huh?
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Sitting in the shop, huh?
    sadly, yes. but i'll get out this weekend for sure. looks like you are stuck inside too.
    Last edited by mtskier; 11-18-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Anyone want to poke around tomorrow? Lolo or stuart?

What is anyone doing Tuesday, and who can help a poor guy out?
    No longer stuck.

sadly, yes. but i'll get out this weekend for sure. looks like you are stuck inside too.
    Me stuck? No, I was just taking a break from my free time job; I decided to use the time to make bank before the season starts, because once I take my first turns, I lose sight of all else.

What is anyone doing Tuesday, and who can help a poor guy out?
    mtskier, you should spring yourself from the shop by getting this kid to work off a BC rig (surely you must have a beater demo rig) then we won't have to hear about how he doesn't have one. Just get him trained up as an on-call warm-body for powder days.

There, done.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I like it.
    Someone from class who's kind of a gaper, but know about stuff from sledding wants to go fuck around at Lolo Pass. Is he correct that just building a kicker above the parking lot would be safe?

We have bacon, stud finders, and spade shovels.
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 11-22-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    No longer stuck.

It is definitely possible to build a kicker near the parking lot at Lolo in a place that won't slide. There's a good chance that someone's already built the kicker for you and left a couple of empty beer cans for you to clean up while you're there.

Wow, it's raging out there, Uller's got a bee in his bonnet. Driving home from work an hour ago filled me with joy-joy feelings, in fact I'm thinking of going to the store just for an excuse to drive around in it some more.

It has been rumored to me by someone who is in the know, that for the first time, the ski patrol will actually be going up the day before they open, to get the mountain ready ahead of time! It is this type of progressive vision that keeps Snowbowl #1 out of all the ski areas in Missoula county.

Oh I forgot to say.....

WOOT, WOOT!

Woot, Stuart has picked up nine inches so far! Hmm, that deserves....

It has been rumored to me by someone who is in the know, that for the first time, the ski patrol will actually be going up the day before they open, to get the mountain ready ahead of time!
    Ridiculous, I am calling you out as a liar.

Also, Ronnie was nothing but happiness and smiles when she took our pass photos a few weeks ago and then again when Mrs. Rootskier was at Gull picking them up on Saturday.

There must be a hole in the space/time continuum in western Montucky.

It has been rumored to me by someone who is in the know, that for the first time, the ski patrol will actually be going up the day before they open, to get the mountain ready ahead of time! It is this type of progressive vision that keeps Snowbowl #1 out of all the ski areas in Missoula county.
    That would be great, except they seem to be using that to delay opening by one day. Saturday instead of Friday, WTF? If it doesn't warm up a bunch that will be moot for me anyways. But it would be nice to have people body packing everything before I head up...

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryhg View Post
    That would be great, except they seem to be using that to delay opening by one day. Saturday instead of Friday, WTF? If it doesn't warm up a bunch that will be moot for me anyways. But it would be nice to have people body packing everything before I head up...
    Naw, the Saturday opening is so Ronnie won't have to hand out weekday passes, in addition to the full passes, on the first day. They did the same thing last season.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Ridiculous, I am calling you out as a liar.

Also, Ronnie was nothing but happiness and smiles when she took our pass photos a few weeks ago and then again when Mrs. Rootskier was at Gull picking them up on Saturday.

There must be a hole in the space/time continuum in western Montucky.
    Heh, I know it sounds very unSnowbowl, but I was told that Pat was pushing for it, and also that last year's fiasco (opening at 1pm after dozens of people had been waiting in bitter cold since before the advertised noon opening time) caused a very uncomfortable backlash for Ronnie.

Unfortunately, to my utter despair, I don't have the gear, or practice. I have shovel, beacon, probe, and some knowledge to use them. I have nothing for uphill travel.
    Stuck, I truly hope, no, actually pray, that great treasure and fortune await you after finishing school. God knows you will have sacrificed enough by then...
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

^^^Thanks, buddy.

Just got back. It was more of a walk in the woods. The snow pack is a little thin, but bomber. We erred on the side of safety and just followed the snow mobile road back down (which sucked for skiing) because i didn't fee like running into a bunch of deadfalls.

Still better than staying home, and the dog had a fun time.

No longer stuck.

Naw, the Saturday opening is so Ronnie won't have to hand out weekday passes, in addition to the full passes, on the first day. They did the same thing last season.
    Maybe there will be a return of the "soft opening". I don't know if they've done this for years, but it used to be that if they were opening on a Saturday, and you happened to go up Friday (and are a passholder), you'd find they were actually open.....