Page 25 of 191 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    3-8 inches and 2nd biggest day shouldnt go in the same sentence... i was in big sky the last couple and came to the realization that i need more then snowbowl has to offer. prob not moving to big sky, ive got t-ride on my mind but still. sure there were a lot of gapers but im ok with that because for the most part they were not hitting the goods. less lift lines at bs on a pow day then there has been at the bowl on the last couple we've had. and instead of being stoked about 5 inches i was stoked about 15

Fuck, lame as my lame ass. Just shit sonofabitch,cunt queef SO predictable fuck fuck fuck.

what is that all about...just because this is probably the most snow we are going to get all season and the lifts are closed?

Mostly that I can't skin up tomorrow, or go to Big Sky, Bridger, or LCC ,or ...........but instead I'll go to work.

And 8 years ago my buddies were in Haines, and got j jones to call me and tell me i was missing out.

LT is going to open again

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Stuart Snotel reports 10 inches in the last 24 hours. Woot.

I'll be up hiking the Bowl in the morning.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

13" New ,woot!

Missoula mags, I just realized I'm flying to Europe in 2 days but don't have a ski bag.. oops! If anyone wants to sell a skibag that fits two pairs of skis PM me or call 406 880 2828, I'm willing to pay more than a fair price. Tried all shops already but no luck, unless there's some that I don't know of.

I would take bubblewrap+cardboard box but with the flight chaos in Europe and everything closed in Finland the chances are good that I will have to take buses and trains and a bag would be muuuch easier to carry.

Hmmmm...........

Overnight

Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 90%
    Snow

Lo 29 °F

Wednesday

Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 100%
    Snow

Hi 35 °F

Wednesday Night

Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 80%
    Snow

Lo 26 °F

Thursday

Snow

Hi 31 °F

Thursday Night

Snow

Lo 26 °F

Friday

Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 70%
    Snow
    Likely
    Hi 37 °F

Friday Night

Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 50%
    Chance
    Snow
    Lo 29 °F

Saturday

Snow Likely
    Snow
    Likely
    Hi 38 °F

Saturday Night

Chance Snow
    Chance
    Snow
    Lo 29 °F

Sounds like freshies this week.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Stuart Mountain Snotel is reporting 16" in the last 36 hours, forecast calls for much snow. Woot woot!

I was wondering if that wasn't a weird error when I just saw that the Hoodoo snotel sensor was reporting 10" and less than 1" of water.
    FML
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Wow, 20" of snow and 2.9" SWE in the last three days.

We didn't have a storm cycle that delivered like that all winter. Better late than never, I guess.

mmmm snow!

anyone going to the Lochsa Rendezvous??

This Afternoon: Snow. High near 34. West wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around 26. West wind between 6 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. High near 35. West wind between 5 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. West wind around 9 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Lochsa or Brewfest... Hmmm... Maybe both?

just brewfest for me. can't wait.

where have you been all winter bryanthebold?

9" so far at the stuart snotel and 10" at hoodo.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Anticipation......

I was bottoming out in my Subie by the "straightaway".

There was a good eight inches in the lot when I got to Snowbowl.

Breaking trail all the way up the mountain took it out of me, sinking down eight inches by the top of Sunrise, I was able to jam my pole down 14" where there had been bare earth last Friday.

For the most part was bottomless feeling powder skiing all the way to the bottom of Angel Face. The best turns of the season. I was up to my knees in a lot of places. It was the deepest snow I've ever skied on the outrun. Top to bottom April 29th, not too shabby.

It snowed 2.75" in four hours while I was up there today, and it was snowing when I came down Grant Creek Road at 10:30 tonight. Woot woot!

Damn, nice work man.

Snotel now reporting 4" !!! of SWE and 26" in the last few days. Hard to believe but it looks like it's true. The wind has absolutely been howling out of the south in the Bitterroot the last few days to deliver this to the Rattlesnakes. I am over skiing this year but this is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    26" in the last few days....... I am over skiing this year
    What a very sad character you are.

Anyways, I'll be hitting it again in an hour or so. Woot woot!

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    just brewfest for me. can't wait.

where have you been all winter bryanthebold?

9" so far at the stuart snotel and 10" at hoodo.

Ah Christ its been sad, I've been so swamped with school this semester I hardly got to ski. I maybe got 40 days this year, god damn disgrace. But oh well, the rivers are on the rise and I only have a week left!

I'm thinking brew fest for sure Saturday, and if I can manage it some Lochsa on Sunday. I love economies that have little wooden coins that get you beer

Today was the best day of the '09-10 snow year at The Bowl.

lol, you got some extra shit I can use and tag along? NM. too much school work. *sigh*
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The bowl produced. Thursday afternoon was face shot city, by noon friday the temp had climbed to thirty six, and an hour later it had frozen up again. Either way it was great, in two days I hit far east, east, west x2, A-face x2 and a red balls . Excellente. No joke, there was 2 ft plus on the ND downhill. Plus, only about 8 skiers thursday, maybe 15 on friday. I've lived here for twelve years almost now and I've never seen a single storm dump this much at the bowl, close once or twice, but not 27". Get it, got it, good.
    Too bad the only pics I got are on my shitty phone.

Just saw this:

Monday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Windy, with a west wind 21 to 24 mph increasing to between 30 and 33 mph. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Might work in our favor, get rid of all of Rasputin's tracks. I got the bug again thats for sure. Anyone posited a relationship to this and the unpronounceable volcano. Probably just some El Niner action, seems like spring El Nino years are fiesty.
    Last edited by stizzmt; 05-01-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: weather update

This measurement was from the top of the Bowl Outrun, it was bare Earth there before this storm cycle.

There is still plenty of snow unaffected by the sun. I bet TV has some ridiculous freshies.