Page 14 of 191 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Paging countryfunk...

Um, so yeah, how to say it?

mrs. rootskier got my hungover ass motivated despite the report of only 5" new up top and 2" down low, and we got there at 11.

The boards said 11" new. It fucking gurged like crazy nonstop, the wind absolutely howled from the north, and unbelievable free refills were had ALL DAY.

The bottom of Lavelle after the traverse was 100% completely awesome windbuff every run I did. By the time you skied directly onto the lift your tracks were totally gone.

I skied the identical line in East Bowl three times in a row and never found my old tracks.

I found myself in the West Bowl at 4:15 with no tracks around. It was full on epic. All time. Best of the year. One of the best days I've ever had on skis.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 03-29-2009 at 07:55 PM.

It was very icy today. Where it wasn't icy, it was wicked reef. And where it wasn't icy, or reef, it was rocks and stumps.

I had a horrible time.

It dumped all day - better with each run! Definitely one of the best days of the year(I say #2)...

Why the hell are they closed tomorrow!!!???

uncle crud makes a good point - sketchy run after sketchy run . . .

and that's the first I'd heard about Chris, I'll have to bring him a little somethin' on Wed. At least he didn't miss much today :march:

Yeah I thought about lying and saying it sucked but since it's not going to open until Thursday I figured I could let the cat out of the bag and all that.

Damn it was good.

I almost forgot - there was a rig parked against the roadcut on entry-right in the lot that had a decent sized slab come down and bury the whole front of it. That was pretty sweet.

that's awesome Root, snow was moving all over the place today - i'm sure the BC report tomorrow will be full of worry

:debatingDisco:

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    that's awesome Root, snow was moving all over the place today - i'm sure the BC report tomorrow will be full of worry

:debatingDisco:
    So, I headed for tree chute my first bowl run, and Art and Eric were just ahead of me breaking trail on the way over to it, when I got there, I said something to them about control work, and Eric said something vague about tree chute with a wink, as if they were just planning on skiing it. They headed for the top entrance, and so I charged down around the other side and dropped into the bottom part of the chute, it broke loose on my first turn, but I pulled off to the right side and watched it roll on out. Looking up I saw a six inch crown fifteen feet above me, then I heard Eric yell "look out" so of course I dropped in, under the tree, and cut hard left just before the top half of the chute slid, then I happily rode the sluff on down the apron. Heh, good times.

Oh and yeah, it was as good as it's been this year. Six inches fell in the five hours I was there, in addition to the "11" at opening, add that to the four or so from yesterday that barely got skied, and well, it was a goodn'.

Prolly ski Disco tomorrow, better catch some Zzs now.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 03-30-2009 at 02:07 AM.

you guys have had a lot more days at the bowl, but that was my best of all time. at least 18". nothing short of tragic to be closed today. lots of snow moving. wednesday should still be goood.

disco is reporting 25" in the last 24 hours. keep the pow frenzy going.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I guess I wasn't reading the Disco website wrong. Holy shit! I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    nothing short of tragic to be closed today. lots of snow moving. wednesday should still be goood.
    Seriously. How can it be closed today?

I rode up with a liftie yesterday, he told me they were going to Thursday-Sunday this week. Nothing on the website yet. I guess Ronnie and Brad are just over the whole thing despite sizable crowds this past Wednesday and Thursday and a killer forecast for this whole week.

Last edited by RootSkier; 03-30-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Rasputin - get in your car and drive to Disco, now. 18" of new yesterday morning and it HAMMERED all day long. Limelight chair was only open from 12-1:30 so all that stuff is going to be sweet. The top of the "old" backside was getting wind scoured but below the roll it was all creamy goodness. Hit the Maverick and Pitch side of the ridge as that's where all the snow was drifting in and refilling tracks before they closed it down due to wind. The chairline under Granite had reloaded as was very nice near the end of the day yesterday.

Alas, back to work today for me ...
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

you guys have had a lot more days at the bowl, but that was my best of all time. at least 18 mm.
    fixed

seriously, this exaggeration must end. I couldn't find a single pocket of soft snow all day. 18mm is not even an inch!

^^^i am know to be a chronic liar. its a medical condition with medicine and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I rode up with a liftie yesterday, he told me they were going to Thursday-Sunday this week.[/IMG]
    Lifties smoke too much ganj. Wait, does that make me a liftie?

The bowl phone says wed. they will be open. But nobody wants to ski dust on crust anyway.

Sweet. I just listened to Mr Phone Sex* confirm that fact.

*Whoever started that shit early in this thread pretty much nailed it.

^^^i am know to be a chronic liar. its a medical condition with medicine and stuff.
    when I'm on the chronic I never lie. I swear. profusely. multiple manifestations of the root word "fuck" as a verb, a noun, and as an adjective.

and it was fucking lame as fuck yesterday and will be fucking weak on Wednesday. fuck that ice!

^^^just for you.

go play "hide and go fuck yourself."

F**k: a documentary
    http://www.netflix.com/Movie/F_k_A_D...d=14024918_0_0

wow, i just spent way too much time on that.
    Last edited by mtskier; 03-30-2009 at 10:57 AM.

wow, i just spent way too much time on that.
    oh no fuckin' way, I'm grateful as fuck.

Bumming that the Bowl was closed today, so instead I wept as I skied some really fun 12" of fluff up at the Pass. This little guy made my day

You can thank me for all the snow you'll get this week, I'm headed for The Canyons till Friday.

Um...no offense buddy, but how come all the best days at the Bowl this year have been days you can't come?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Seriously. How can it be closed today?

I rode up with a liftie yesterday, he told me they were going to Thursday-Sunday this week. Nothing on the website yet. I guess Ronnie and Brad are just over the whole thing despite sizable crowds this past Wednesday and Thursday and a killer forecast for this whole week.
    Well actually, they always close Tuesdays from the beginning of March, then usually close Mondays from the second week. The last Wednesday usually is the third week in March, but they chose to stay open Wednesdays through the first week in April (probably to make up for the late start to the season).

They were planning on closing after April 5th until week got three feet in the past week. This has happened a couple of the seasons since I've been skiing The Bowl. Brad is a skier, and likes to ski the pow himself. Ronnie probably DOES want to close ASAP, she's pretty consistent that way.

Oh, and, today Disco was indeed The Bomb!

nice line freak.

first chair will be mine tomorrow. watch out rasputin.

WooHoo! Another powder Wednesday! We should thank the Brad and Ronnie for the extra days!
    I'm caught in tha grip of tha city...Madness!!

nice line freak.

first chair will be mine tomorrow. watch out rasputin.
    Heh, we'll see about that.......