Page 146 of 191 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4758
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I'm not opposed to clearing dead fall, or brush whacking either, but I have skied it a lot, and have seen the trees they have marked for removal, and removing many of those trees won't improve the skiing there.
    I'd be curious to know where the final lines are marked vs. the original maps. They look set to expand upon the original powerline, and also put a southern run to link into second thought's final switchback, but where else?

True story x1000

Anyway, Might have to get up the motivation to earn some turns up there on Sunday. Supposed to rain some after then. Been having an exhausting couple of weeks, but skiing would do me some good. Does anyone have an older setup with frame bindings I can buy from them as kind of a rock touring setup? Using newer stuff probably isn't the best idea. And it's heavy.

Will they let me walk through the parking lot? I don't really know Neff.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    The part of TV, where the southernmost run is marked in the plan, is already pretty wide open, it also gets sun affected as the trees are wider apart on the southern aspect. There is a spur of that "trail" that branches north that comes out near Huckleberry, it could use some under brush removed, but there is no need to remove trees. That's the story above Second Thought further North, tangles of underbrush and some dead fall that could be cleaned up, but there is no need to cut any mature trees.

They seem to intend to cut a run down through the bottom of the drainage of what I'd call TV Bowl, again the mature trees are only an asset to the snow quality, and are nicely spaced, but there is a lot of brush there. Up at the top of the point there is a lot of brush, small trees and dead fall which I wouldn't mind seeing cleaned up a bit, but the brush and small trees are there because of big trees getting blown down by the wind at the crest, so they will continue to flourish due to the openess to sunlight.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I'm not expecting to eat inside on the hill this year, so what is your favorite breakfast spot in Missoula. Has to be open somewhat early if you want a meal and still make first chair.

I'm partial to breakfast burritos. Liquid Planet has good ones that can be eaten on the go. Laughing Grizzly is pretty good and usually not busy in the morning. The Catalyst is fantastic but doesn't open until 8. Ruby's is the wrong direction.

What am I missing? I heard good things about Rowdy's Cabin, but that was a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just slice some potatoes and steam them while I'm getting dressed and stretching, throw them in the skillet with some eggs (put gear in the car while they're frying), cover it in cheese, slather it with blue cheese dressing, and wrap it in a tortilla. I eat on the drive to the mountain.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I'm partial to breakfast burritos.
    Both Market on Front and the Golden Yolk (fka Ninja Mike's) have breakfast burritos that are $7-8 and ready to go, usually. They are very different from each other but I like them both, though Market on Front's have been feeling sort of too unhealthy for me lately, because they sometimes have too much cheese and/or chipotle aioli.

Golden Yolk's are significantly less greasy. I also like Golden Yolk because it is strictly window pick-up, so you don't have to be around anyone inside. You can also order and pay ahead on the web to make sure they have what you want when you get there.

I haven't eaten at a restaurant since this spring but when I do, the first place I am going to breakfast/brunch is the Burns Street Bistro.

I also like brunch at the Top Hat but that doesn't work for ski days, obviously.

I just saw a post for Golden Yolk, good to have the confirmation.

Rasputin - I'm admittedly lazy when it comes to food.

I know Taco Sano doesn't get a lot of love, but I find them to have good breakfast burritos at a very reasonable price. They are right of the hip strip for those passing through that part of town.

And also worth mentioning Bagels of Broadway, although with their pace of service and unpredictable lines it's a real gamble if you're trying to get to the mountain quickly. They wrap all their stuff in tin foil, and throwing an extra bagel + cream cheese in the backpack will get you through a full day out there.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    And also worth mentioning Bagels of Broadway, although with their pace of service and unpredictable lines it's a real gamble if you're trying to get to the mountain quickly.
    Order online and it will be waiting when you get there. Barge to the front and point at the table where it is sitting behind the cashier.

Taco Sano is great!

Anyway, everyone I know is getting rona and so is everyone they know. Not stoked on life right now. I just wanna be the little spoon.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Order online and it will be waiting when you get there. Barge to the front and point at the table where it is sitting behind the cashier.
    Barge to the front? Don't you mean, do the Snowbowl shuffle?

My go to is the drive thru at McD's on Reserve. Sausage McMuffin with egg - 480 calories of goodness!

If you're in a pinch, you can always pick from the Town Pump's smörgåsbord of items that sit under the heat lap.

Anyhoo, this thread needs some skiing stoke. It's been too long.

Scooted down to LT today since conditions and the forecast were lining up nicely, and could not pass up the chance to get the season started:

Getting your first turns on Nov 15th is always worth cherishing, but this time was a little different. My better half has been wanting to get into BC skiing, and this year she finally felt ready enough to jump in. Scored her some great deals on gear, and have been doing some early-season beacon practice with the recent valley snowfall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	348163

Of course, I always worry about new people getting into BC skiing. A lot of easy mistakes can lead to a miserable first experience, and can leave a bad impression. Thankfully, she took to the uphill climb with ease, even managing switchbacks without much trouble.

Name:	unnamed2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	348164

Name:	IMG_20201115_135825580_HDR.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	348165

The snow was definitely wind-buffed near the top, but once you got out of the exposed areas that quality was pleasantly mediocre.

Name:	ski_2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	348166

Despite being rusty, she managed to link up some good turns.

I enjoyed my share as well.

Safe to say, she is now hooked.

Sweet!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Jenks, well played!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I just slice some potatoes and steam them while I'm getting dressed and stretching, throw them in the skillet with some eggs (put gear in the car while they're frying), cover it in cheese, slather it with blue cheese dressing, and wrap it in a tortilla. I eat on the drive to the mountain.
    Sounds like you need some bacon beer to go with that:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ew/6308511002/
    Gravity Junkie

BOMB - Offleashed

You'll laugh, you'll cry... it's better than Cats! A 2019 Board of Missoula snowboard film...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVXmQaJhwWc

^^ That's the best the South Face will ski all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Sounds like you need some bacon beer to go with that:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ew/6308511002/
    Hey Muddy!

Well they might pair well, but I never drink before skiing, and rarely during the ski day. This year I'm not planning to do much apres ski either.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    ^^ That's the best the South Face will ski all season.
    Not if they get ordered to shut down again. Doesn't sound like Bullock will do it, but who knows

tailgate beers will have to be the apres scene this year.

I have been stocking up on canned soup.
    No longer stuck.

Save $9 on Snowbowl tickets until Dec 1st
    https://www.montanasnowbowl.com/Shop...ticket-coupons

Thanks for the reminder, I think you can also get them at Gull (and probably others). Was thinking about getting 4 or so to be covered.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Lost Trail just posted that they are banning uphill traffic as of tomorrow. https://losttrail.com/uphill-traffic...sIN3SCflTJWtMU

As written in Lost Trail Ski Area special use permit with Salmon Challis and Bitterroot National Forest, uphill travel is not permitted after Nov 20th end of day. Please reference the specific permit language below.

"Ski trails and other ski area improvements are designed for use by downhill travel by guests utilizing alpine, telemark, skis, or snowboard equipment. These trails and improvements are constructed to be accessed via the resort's ski lift system. Alternative use of trails and improvements are prohibited or restricted for safety considerations as listed below"

"Use of the Alpine ski trail system for alternative winter activities such as uphill access is restricted due to hazard and safety concerns. All users within the Special Use Permit are required to purchase a Season Pass or daily lift ticket for downhill activities only."

Please respect our no uphill travel policy. Lost Trail Ski Area sells powder...skiing & snowboarding is our business. Our feature product is the snow from Uller. That's all we have. We pay the United States Forest Service for a special use permit to provide untouched slopes for our season pass holders, our day trip users, our family of Patrollers & Instructors, and of course our employees out for a lunch run. We are fulfilling dreams of floating on a cloud in blissful untouched powder, with endless face shots. We ask all snow enthusiasts that like to hike, skin, or post hole our mountain to please enjoy until November 20th end of the day. Lost Trail will open snow and weather permitting December 3rd, 2020. Let's all enjoy a safe family place to recreate together this season. Remember masks or face coverings are required in our lodges and buildings, ticket lines, lift lines, and where social distancing cannot be maintained.

Well, two weeks until ski season, time to file my edges, maybe bake some liners......