Page 101 of 191 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4757
    If you find yourself in Missoula and need an urban site, the KOA off Reserve Street has tent sites. Not the quietest camping experience but it works.

Deadman's is supposed to be pretty awesome. I've somehow never done it and I've lived here a while now. Maybe we can shuttle it. PM when you're here.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Most of our new trails are at the top of marshall mountain. We've built three in the last couple of years, one is downhill only and has some drops and jumps and stuff on it. You do have to ride 30-40 min up a road to get to them, but probably worth going up to take a few laps.

https://www.trailforks.com/map/?lat=...4&m=trailforks

Bass creek/larry creek has a campground and a few trails around, but it's short and not very exciting riding. There's some other stuff down there, the como lake loop, warm springs ridge, palisades, etc. I need to go camp a day or two down south and get some riding in this summer.

Bass Creek riding trails got turned into sandy, 6' wide equestrian trails a few years back.
    No longer stuck.

Anyone know trail conditions for a loop in the great burn area, up west fork fish cr and down straight cr trail? Also in the Bitterroot, Ward Mountain trail?

Anyone recommend a shop for full suspension bike rental?

Jamal or anyone interested in joining for some adventure, planning to do these couple days between July 7-14.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Anyone know trail conditions for a loop in the great burn area, up west fork fish cr and down straight cr trail? Also in the Bitterroot, Ward Mountain trail?

Anyone recommend a shop for full suspension bike rental?

Jamal or anyone interested in joining for some adventure, planning to do these couple days between July 7-14.
    I have some friends who rode straight creek a couple years ago. I recall they had to do a lot of walking and climbing over trees and I don't think that trail sees much use or maintenance. I think if I was out that way I would rather just do heart lake.

Sounds like the guys in the bitterroot have most of the usual trails cleared including most of warm springs. No idea on Ward mtn but I assume Chad at red barn would know or you could send BBC a message on facebook.

I go to/ride for Missoula Bicycle Works. They have a kona satori, some hei heis, and I think a process or two for rent. I assume big sky has a decent assortment, don't know about what the other places might have.

And yeah I should be around and am up to do some riding. Did the philipsburg 46 race the other day and the Black pine ridge trail is pretty sweet. I almost enjoyed the ride and scenery while I was up there.
    Last edited by jamal; 07-02-2018 at 12:06 PM.

I'm game. Been wanting to check out the Great Burn area on a bike. Is it ok on a hardtail?
    No longer stuck.

I'm game. Been wanting to check out the Great Burn area on a bike. Is it ok on a hardtail?
    It's best with a good pair of hiking shoes.

Ugh, walking
    No longer stuck.

Ugh, walking
    There's some interesting riding in there for sure but I'd categorize it more along the lines of adventure biking than biking biking.

Wtf does that mean? Not dirt roadie trails like the Rattlesnake? Cool.
    No longer stuck.

Whelp, looks like I have to be out of my awesome apartment I've had for about 7 years by the end of September.
    Currently, my buddy and I would like to find a 2 bedroom (or possible 3 with another friend) that would allow a couple old dogs, so if anyone knows anything let me know. Thanks!
    Hopefully, under $1,000/mo without being shit (ha!), or I guess 12 or 13 hundred if more bedrooms.
    Right now we're paying $900 + all utils for a big apartment near downtown with a yard, storage, walking distance to everywhere, off-street parking, etc. We're pretty crushed.
    Any of you guys have rentals available? Can be sooner than end of September.
    No longer stuck.

Bump
    No longer stuck.

Bump. Maybe this isn't the best place to post this, but all you rich dentists don't have some income properties?
    No longer stuck.

That's too bad, you were in a great location. Although if I lived that close to Big Dipper I would weigh 400 lbs by now.

I sold my Missoula house to that tall chick who bartends at Snowbowl so I can't help you.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    That's too bad, you were in a great location. Although if I lived that close to Big Dipper I would weigh 400 lbs by now.

I sold my Missoula house to that tall chick who bartends at Snowbowl so I can't help you.
    Mmmm Bloody Marys

Bump. Maybe this isn't the best place to post this, but all you rich dentists don't have some income properties?
    I know of a 2 bedroom 1 bath house in Missoula for $1,200 a month. On Pine Street west of Orange. PM me if you want the landlord's contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I know of a 2 bedroom 1 bath house in Missoula for $1,200 a month. On Pine Street west of Orange. PM me if you want the landlord's contact info.
    Thanks, PM'd
    No longer stuck.

With Lolo peak sporting a temporary streak of white this morning, my mind got turning to other things at work... namely whether or not Snowbowl's lift expansion will finally be finished?

This progress pic was posted on Aug 7th:

Name:  38655877_2049990541686575_6725514594753708032_n.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  38.1 KB

And we already know from last year's liftblog post that they made a good amount of progress:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_1766.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	462.5 KB 
ID:	245469

But since then we've heard nothing. Anybody got an ear in on the project?

August 20th Facebook post from them:

Looking for work this summer? Snowbowl is looking for you! We have a few positions for our summer operations however we also need folks right now to help out or maintenance department as we get geared up to finish the installation of our first chairlift for the TV Mountain expansion as well as many other projects. Interested applicants should visit our website http://www.montanasnowbowl.com/working-at-snowbowl/. You can also call 406-549-9777 ext. 5 for the maintenance shop and leave a message with Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    August 20th Facebook post from them:

Looking for work this summer? Snowbowl is looking for you! We have a few positions for our summer operations however we also need folks right now to help out or maintenance department as we get geared up to finish the installation of our first chairlift for the TV Mountain expansion as well as many other projects. Interested applicants should visit our website http://www.montanasnowbowl.com/working-at-snowbowl/. You can also call 406-549-9777 ext. 5 for the maintenance shop and leave a message with Pat.
    That's great and all, but last year they were banging on and on about the new lift before going silent for months. Then they announced at the end of October that it wouldn't open for the season. IIRC, they had run into unexpected issues with burying the power line that pushed them back.

I simply worry that the same may be happening again.

I was thinking that looking for help with the chair mid-August seemed pretty late. Any idea what was left to do? Your pics showed towers needing installed, then I imagine wiring the towers for safety triggers, then cable and chair. But, I'm just an armchair Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    I simply worry that the same may be happening again.
    The best mindset for the Bowl is to never expect anything.

If the new chair is operating this year I will lose a bet.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The best mindset for the Bowl is to never expect anything.
    Especially when the forecast is for a weak el-nino.

I need to keep snow off the mind for another couple months. Not healthy to start getting delusions of grandeur.

However I'd bet a Bloody Mary or 2 that it's ready by opening day.

It should be done right about the same time this thing is.

Name:  Photos-Of-Famous-Landmarks-Before-They-Were-Finished-8-The-Crazy-Horse-Memorial-Black-Hills.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  105.3 KB