Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    WWBMD??
    "Cold ground was my bed last night"

Then again bob didn't work in a shop full of skis
    You guys really demo fatties.? With good binders?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Ask your self how much you would use the third pair of Bros if you kept them. Make sure the bed is worth it, and not a POS. Offer to take the bed and $100 for the skis. Make your wife happy, and you will get to ski more and possibly get some.

A 1200.00 king size bed isn't a quality bed. It will break down in the matter of a year or two. keep the skis.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Marriage is all about getting the upper hand on the "you owe me" scale...get the bed, wife is stoked, she owes you a favor. Use said favor on something more outlandish than skis (Heli Trip, Cat Trip, Threesome....whatever).

Winter in Montana has been cancelled, so that should factor in somehow. Not sure how, exactly...but it's something to consider.

In other Fat Bro news....Zeedashbo....zeedashbo...go to the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb
    Marriage is all about getting the upper hand on the "you owe me" scale
    Fascinating...especially coming from someone who lives in the midwest.

Trade for the bed, sell bed on CL, spend $178, buy TWO NEW Bros for the price of your used ones
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Fascinating...especially coming from someone who lives in the midwest.
    huh.....?

Get a couple of cinder blocks lay said Bros arcross the tips and tails, you now have damn near the equivalent of a king size bed (damn those bros are fat). Problem solved.

hint: get rubber bands to hold the brakes up, they could get uncomfortable in the night.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

all i know is that this isn't the same person i sold THOSE bro's to......something awful has happened since that transaction. from - "these are the best thing ever"......to "i need a good night's rest"?? WTF?

I love this forum.

priority check on aisle 5!

I got my current bed--which may be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in--for $50 off craigslist off some rich people for whom it was a guest bed. with wrought-iron headboard. I am getting just barely old enough where I am trying to justify $600 for a TV...spending $1000 on a bed will likely never seem like a good idea to me, sounds more like something rich people do. And rich people don't trade skis for used beds.
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by khakis View Post
    priority check on aisle 5!

I got my current bed--which may be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in--for $50 off craigslist off some rich people for whom it was a guest bed. with wrought-iron headboard. I am getting just barely old enough where I am trying to justify $600 for a TV...spending $1000 on a bed will likely never seem like a good idea to me, sounds more like something rich people do. And rich people don't trade skis for used beds.
    nice score! but you don't know what you are missing in you don't spend money for a good bed. i used to think this way and then i spent some time on a nice memory foam mattress and it changed my mind. the money is well worth it when you calculate how much of your life is spent sleeping, and what a really goodnights sleep does for your mind, body, and soul. worth every penny.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    all i know is that this isn't the same person i sold THOSE bro's to......something awful has happened since that transaction. from - "these are the best thing ever"......to "i need a good night's rest"?? WTF?
    Nope its the same person.

Spent the day on the slopes and had a kick ass day. Patrol slowly began to open one great untracked section after another. I spent the whole day on my 179 BRO's w/ dynafits. I had a damn great time but I realized that I just didn't want to really charge on my dynafits like I do with my FAT BRO's and alpine binders.

The 179 Fat BRO is probably the greatest thing ever made by the hands of mortal man.

I was a damn fool to even consider trading my Fat BRO's for something as common as a fucking bed.

I'm gonna go wax them sticks real good right now before they know what I was considering. I'll figure out another way to get a hold of that bed. Perhaps I'll sell a kidney, but I'm keeping the BRO's.

Thanks for helping me to see the light oh mighty collective.

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Winter in Montana has been cancelled, so that should factor in somehow. Not sure how, exactly...but it's something to consider.
    Not up here. I made fresh tracks most of the day today. They've been opening runs left and right up there and with the snow coming tomorrow they're talking about have almost all of it opened by this weekend. Coverage was much better than I would have thought.

My legs are so sore right now.

The season has most definately begun.

Good choice my friend happy to hear you had an epic day! CL is a great place to find a good bed; I did it when I moved out to CO about a year ago. Same thing like what was mentioned earlier; a guy got divorced and was moving to Hawaii. I got the complete guest bedroom set-up that had only been used a few times for $200.
    I plan on hitting the trees all winter long!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    WWBMD??
    "Cold ground was my bed last night"

Then again bob didn't work in a shop full of skis
    You guys really demo fatties.? With good binders?
    And rock was my pillow too, think bob ever skied?

keep the skis, you can get 3k beds from resellers that have a mark from the warehouse or some minor blemish for a few hundred bucks. I got a kingsdown which was 3k new for 500 from a reseller. It has a dirt mark on one side for about 12 inches, which came out with a steamer.