Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    This thread is useless without pics.

SHOW US YOUR CORESHOTS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9CB0169C-15F9-4584-B8A7-CA286D4EEF91.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	316765

Snapped a brand new metal ski first run once. Submarined in some windblown cake.
    Actually felt my tibia bending on the boot tongue when the ski broke and laid in the snow waiting for the pain to set in.
    Never so happy I had broken a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Because if the toe piece isn’t perfectly aligned with the heel piece that throws the boot heel to one side and the pins in the binding heel piece won’t align with the receiver in the boot heel, causing problems clicking in...and possibly release issues, though I’m not 100% certain about that last part.
    Perfectly aligned or not pin bindings are always going to have release issues.

Way back when the store I worked for had deals on ski packages where the binding install and engraving were included in the price. For whatever reason parents fuck ing loved getting their kids names engraved on skis. I hated doing it as it took about 5 times as long as mounting. Family buys 3 pairs of skis for their preschool kids on their way to the mountains, boss says go have lunch and we'll do them right now. Perfect. Get through 5 of 6 skis engraving name and city. Doing the 6th ski, I spelled Calgary, CAGLARY. I lose my shit because do not want to buy 3 pairs of kids skis. The dad comes back, I explain and he says "don't sweat it, they can't read anyway".
    Thanks cool dad wherever you are.

Caglary, Ablerta is right near Binff and Lake Louis, right?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

How the fuck?!
    The Lhasa's while charging across an open pow-field at the bottom of the main bowl (Montezuma @ A-Basin) above the last roll over.
    Ripped it right off my foot and I landed on my hip ~30 feet past it (thankfully not on a rock).
    Thankfully that ended up being a long P-tex fill, no base weld.
    Same thing happed to me years ago at the bottom of the "big" face at Winter Park (Vasquez Cirque) bottom of the apron right at the too of the last roll-over … CHUNK!!! ripped right of the foot.

Koalas, no good excuse for that shot.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    New to me Volkl Kendos, 4 runs in...

Attachment 316653
    Wow, how the heck did that happen?!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Springs (Rainey’s from back in the day) didn’t have enough travel on my tele bindings and pulled out the screws five turns in from the top of Highlands Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Stasher406 View Post
    Wow, how the heck did that happen?!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ambition getting the better of adhesion... Came down a pitch on a piste that was sheet ice, lost the edge and hit wall of solid ice the piste basher had left.

The only thing that stopped me breaking any bones were the fact the marker demo plates snapped as the ski broke. Normally I have PX18s mounted with inserts, never been so happy to be on plastic bindings in my life. I was skiing again about an hour later when I made it back to the hotel to get my other skis out.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Caglary, Ablerta is right near Binff and Lake Louis, right?
    yep just a short drive away
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Two foot long core shot on my (now retired) ON3P Viciks' first day. I put over 100 days on them after that and finally retired them when the cores got infiltrated with water and binding screws started spinning. I replaced them with inserts and they spun too so that was the end.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--