Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Don't forget about paddling on the Hudson either. While it's still a bit of a drive from Paul Smith's, the put-in at Indian Lake yields some great boating conditions -- especially in the spring and again in the fall during hurricane season.

I would imagine Montana and New York being on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. I havnt been, but will hopefully be going to Big Sky -- have a friend that has a house there who has offered it up anytime.

If you dont mind--what made you move to New York? You dont happen to work on WF ski patrol do you?
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

NlytendOne-how long ago were you on the timbersports tour?
    (I knew a guy from Roch who was pretty successful-still is as far as I know)

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    NlytendOne-how long ago were you on the timbersports tour?
    (I knew a guy from Roch who was pretty successful-still is as far as I know)
    I never made to the "big time" ESPN shows. However, there were still plenty of events that were televised on OLN and other non-televised events that paid well. Most of the big guys (Roch guy included) would travel to those as well. For me, this was around 2001 to 2004. DJ are his initials

That's the guy. I worked at FLCC when he went there. Used to run into him skiing at Bristol every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    That's the guy. I worked at FLCC when he went there. Used to run into him skiing at Bristol every once in a while.
    FLCC - wow. We used to compete against them and PSC in college. Some of the competitors are/were amazing all-around athletes. Even some of the bigger guys.