Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    There's two 303 products. You're using the Armor-All type product made for plastic and rubber. They also make a fabric guard which is what BS and Charly are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Actually, 303 makes numerous products. I'm talking about 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.

Nope. It's one or the other. 303 HTFG is solvent-based

Solvent-based: spray on clean dry garment, cures at room temperature in 12+ hours

Water-based: spray on clean damp garment, then cure with heat in dryer or with iron

Somewhat. IME so far, no replenish DWR lasts like factory DWR (which is usually solvent-based). Solvent-based > water-based IME. But IME all DWR will abrade off after a few brushy approaches. Factory last a few extra brushy approaches.
    Yep, I am talking about the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.

And my experience is similar to Big Steve's, it lasts longer than the water based products. With the constant on an off of my pack, while daily driving my bike (year round), I'd say the 303 HTFG treatment lasted about a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Actually, 303 makes numerous products. I'm talking about 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.

Nope. It's one or the other. 303 HTFG is solvent-based

Solvent-based: spray on clean dry garment, cures at room temperature in 12+ hours

Water-based: spray on clean damp garment, then cure with heat in dryer or with iron
    well what I mean is I believe solvent based 303HTFG probably works > the various brands of water based products

I have always associated 303 with the 303 UV protectant for dry suit seals which i rub in with my fingers it even softens my hands I don't think I would put it on gortex never heard of 303HTFG but I am going to give it a try

I wonder if meathelmet is spraying one of the water based DWR products onto a dry garment which is why he needs so much and it doesn't work so well ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Got it. I will have to keep my eyes peeled and pick some up. I'm kind of over Grangers and Nikwax....I haven't found their products to be the perfect solution, both are expensive and I'm not getting too many days before needing to reapply.

Ah, greater than sign. Right. Got it now.

Used 303 HTFG on my gear about a month ago. Definitely works better than reviveX and nikwax and lasts much longer too. I'll pick up a gallon next time I'm near a west marine.

So I just bought a new 3L Arc'teryx Theta Sv bibs and Arc'teryx Alpha Ar jacket and I'm wondering what's the best way to take care of and protect the for goretex? As I've read the 303 seems like a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufo View Post
    So I just bought a new 3L Arc'teryx Theta Sv bibs and Arc'teryx Alpha Ar jacket and I'm wondering what's the best way to take care of and protect the for goretex? As I've read the 303 seems like a great product.
    Paging DD....

Did you not read the goddamned thread? You don't need to "protect." 303 et al is for rejuvenating. Your shit is new. Plain detergent. Tumble dry hot. No fabric softener. When your shit is a long way from new, identify and use whatever is trendy for DWR.
    focus.

Woolite not plain detergent

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Woolite not plain detergent
    Whatever. You're overthinking it.
    focus.

I need to wash my Flylow Higgins...help. What product or technique should I use? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Not really adding anything that hasn't already been said, but...for the GoreTex shell, you can use powder detergent purfume and dye free is the only kind to use, liquid and/or perfume added have oils that can destroy the goretex. Then dry on hot and use the spray DWR treatment. Ive been using powdered detergent for years with no issues...

For the puffy, if it is down, use downwash and a front loader on gentle cycle or hand wash in a bathtub, then put it in a dryer on low heat with a few tennis balls or rolled up socks if you dont have any balls handy and dry, check often and pull out and shake or break up the down clumps by hand every so often.....
    You could ask the experts at TGER or the experts who made the Goretex
    http://www.gore-tex.com/en-us/suppor...g-instructions
    Sheesh