Question Revelstoke Maggs - Advice needed please-

Rusty Nails and myself are headed your way next week! Looking for advice on cheap lodging in town / and or discount lift tix if available?

It's a low budget/high thrills kind of road trip so I think we're both open to floor surfing/strip clubbing/cliff hucking/ dirt bagging etc... (all true except the cliff hucking part for me

Hopefully skiing Wed-Sun and considering touring if the conditions warrant...

It's an open ended road trip (sort of anyway) and so - then - we're open to suggestions!

Apres Beers are in order regardless...what say you?

If you can't find floor space try the cheekybeaverchalet.com

It is Chris Ruebens and his girlfriends new b & b

I'll be watching for answers and your TR. I'm hoping to do pretty much the same thing in a few weeks. Have fun, guys!

You do realize that terrain is still limited to the upper chair only, right? It won't be the full Revy experience. However snow wise your timing might be perfect. (forecast antijinx!)

Rogers should be quite epic by the time you arrive. Check the BC Interior thread for TRs and condition updates by Wiibert.

Having a rocking good time. Rambling road trips rule!

^^^ there will be lots of snow by mid week next week!

Yeah, this next storm is shaping up nicely, next Wednesday might be perfect timing. A couple useful links:

Rogers Pass avy bulletin: http://www.pc.gc.ca/apps/PSB/index_e...qAVA_PARK_ID=3

Revy weather: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html (hey look, a snowfall warning!)

As Eldo mentioned, the hill is pretty bare right now. It is only the upper chair and it is very much early season. I'm not going back till we get at least 60cm more, though that might be by next Wednesday it appears.

My current living circumstances don't really let me give up floor space, sorry. Hopefully somebody steps up. The Glacier Park Lodge in the Pass is under new ownership and I've heard they're really turning the place around. Rooms are $60 a night and apparently the food is good now???? Let us know when you're here, I'd be up for some beer. PM me and I might be able to lend you my pass too...
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Up to 45cm's in town by tom. I'm not superstitious.

I hope you're right. I'm going to Revvy tomorrow, and would love to see some fresh snow up top!
    I don't know how accurate this forecast (snow-forecast.com) is, but they're saying less than 45... then again, I don't trust forecasts...

Thumbs up

good stuff folks, thanks a lot! I am drooling over even the idea of skiing at this point so I doubt I'll be disappointed in the coverage considering WA has yet to spin the lifts...

neither of us have been there before so we're kinda winging it. cheakybeaver looks pretty nice with free wi fi and discounted tix to the hill! The lodge is a bit cheaper it appears, but do we want to stay at the pass if we mostly plan to ski inbounds? I dunno but will have to look into that.

Powmag listed The Village idiot as a good spot in town for a brew? other than that, I'm going to find a decent map tomorrow and do some more research, but this has been a great start! Thanks again!

15cm on the ground in my front yard. Could have another 20cm by morning. They are predicting an additional 30cm by monday. Lift tickets are $49 plus there is a 25% off special for all passholders in Alberta or BC regardless of whether your mountain is open or not. That foot of snow for the morning should cover up a lot of the rocks. The new quad should be just about ready for operation this weekend; they will probably leave it closed until the 20th though...

With the summer grooming on some of the lower runs, 60cm of snow may be enough to open the runs down to the day lodge for the beginning of the week. That will open up the south runs for the season...devil's club has been fixed...

Thumbs up

yes! This all sounds good in an anti-jinx !!! sort of way!

Fuck me there's a lot of snow this morning. This should be good

See you all up there
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Wow, the snow conditions were very good on the upper mountain this past weekend. I was still getting face shots on the last run on Sunday. Lots of rocks and tree stumps, but they were pretty easy to avoid.

The road conditions to/from Calgary were not as bad as they could have been, but I hope it's the worst I'll see all season...

On the switchbacks on the way up to the resort, they failed to put down new gravel on top of the 5-10cm of hard packed snow / glare ice... so we didn't make it up to the parking area on Saturday. Although we got a ride from resort staff on the way up, it was a half hour (not bad, I guess) walk back to the car at the end of the Saturday.

what a day on Sunday. Headed there with a buddy and our girlfriends.
    ended up leaving Kamloops at 5am, with 1.5 hrs of sleep post-office christmas party. around 9:15am a parking lot after stops and McShits.
    Highway was great until about 10-15kms before 3 Valley Gap. It was puking.

Got to McShits and asked the guy how long it had been snowing like it was (hard) and he told me 3 days. Weather forecasts did not lie.

Road was still ice. Ended up having to push 2 cars (Dodge Caravan and VW Golf) right at the bottom of the hill.

First day of the season. What a day. Problems: it was my first day. Also, First day with my new intuitions and it felt like my feet were being torn in two. I HAVE to get the liners figured out b/c they slowed/pained me way too much.

hjorleifson was out on Sunday. It was cool to see him skiing from the chair. One of the skiers I really enjoy watching in movies. Lots of locals left the hill early after it got chopped up. he was still ripping till the end.

Like carlsonmark said, freshies were being had underneath the stoke chair at 2:30. What a mountain.

great way to start the season.

Thumbs up

right on for this past weekend! Got pics?

looks like we're going to be coming into town during some weather tomorrow but hope to catch the tail end of this storm and get some of the goods. Thur.Fri looks promising too. (anti-jinx)

wish I had my camera. being half-cut at 4am with little sleep makes for bad decision making skills.

will have the camera if I go next weekend. SunPeaks is shit right now so I'll have to keep making the 3 hour drive there.

Too snowy for the camera.