Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
I forgot I even started this thread. Glad I paid it a revisit. Thanks all you guys! I've been feeling the +++vibes and have been way ahead of the curve on the healing. I'm not even 2 weeks post op and got all the staples out today except for 1/2 of the staples in the WAE, I get those and possibly the anchor sutures out on Fri!!! Dr Noyes was very impressed with where I'm at so soon, wishes all his patients healed like I'm doing. I went back to work on Monday on light duty and it feels real good to be productive again. I'm hitting the gym, not too hard, to stretch and ride the recumbent bike. I want to loosen up my back to where I won't worry about that big mamma jamma opening up if I tomahawk off the Cirque my first day back. If everything works out I'm tentatively looking at first week of January. No worries on missed days, the base will be bigger and maybe that scary stuff at the bottom of the snopack will be gone by then.

Cool and true story about what made me get checked.... For whatever reason my kids wake up at 6AM on the dot whenever I have a day off. It's a conspiracy. They're young so I throw them in bed with me, turn on Spongebob or whatever, rollover and catch some more zzzz's. Back at the beginning of October I did this very thing and I wake up to my 4 yo Holden poking me in the back and saying "Dadda, you have a boo boo." I'm like "No" and he is insistent that I have a boo boo, right between my shoulder blades, poking me on it. The wife wakes up and is kinda watching it all go down and then get's in real close to my back and says, "no boo boo but you sure do have a funny looking mole right where he was poking you". She described it and I knew I should take it serious. The rest is history. He's a rad kid. I don't care what he does in life, he saved my life, I will ALWAYS have his back.

A couple of more points...

If you are a responsible person with people who look to you to take care of them get a: 1-Life insurance policy when your healthy and young, it's a whole lot cheaper that way. I waited too long and now that I am marked with the Scarlet C Life insurance is way out of my price range. Thank god I'm covered 5X annual salary through my work. 2-Get a living will or better yet a 5 Wishes Advance Directive (Google it). If you really care about your spouse or your kids you will take care of these dirty details yourself when you have your wits about you so they don't have to when they are caught up in watching you fade away. It is a pure sign of the love you have for them, isn't as morbid as it sounds and will put your mind at ease, just a little. Trust me on this one.

Cancer fucks with your head. I'm sure many here will relate. Full hands off the wheel, loss of control, almost out of body experience. You put your faith in God, science and folks that you hope are smarter then you. I got lucky and my experience pales versus what some other mags and magettes have gone through, but let me tell you, I will never look at life the same. Every day is a gift not a right, treat it as such.

Friends. Can't say enough about them. Through this experience I've had to lean on some people when times were tough. There are some folks out there, some off of this very Forum that I may never meet, that I owe alot to. I hope to return it in Kine some day. If anyone out there reading this needs some words or a hand to get through rough times, let me know.

Peace out much love from The Fugitve and his family to you and yours....
Damn, I wrote that blog?