Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blem Sale Brodown

Time for PM Gear's midwinter's night blem sale so I can buy my ticket back to Cham. With splat broke as hell (in more ways than one), he asked me to clean out the extras lying around the shop before I leave and throw you maggots some good deals on some used skis so I can buy a round trip and come back.

These sales have turned into insane clusters in the past so splat wants to keep it simple. He hopes that these guidelines he wrote out will lessen any confusion. Some of the skis have pmg's blem warranty - blems warrantied with blems. Some come with no warranty and should land in the hands of people who know how to fix minor ski issues for best long tern ski life.

If you want to know about the skis in general, you can read about them here: http://pmgear.com/index.php?cPath=52

Sale Guidelines

1. First come, first served.
    2. Call dibs
    3. Paypal to sales@pmgearusa.com within 15 minutes for dibs to be honored
    4. No tickie/no laundry - no paypal, no dibs holds
    5. Skis shipped when Paypal clears.
    6. All prices include shipping in lower 48. Add $20 to Canada, $25 to AK

Play fair....

Pair #1

174s
    Mint , new unmounted 174 stiff. Minor freight damage. 3-4 small scratches in tips. Everything else perfect. Full warranty. splat said $550. I said $475. He said I might have to swim part way home. I said OK. $475

The damage:

Pair #2
    183s SOLD
    $425 183's Stiff. Used ex demo. Bumps, scrapes and chips, but touched up, filled in w/ epoxy where needed and solid.
    Bases in good condition. Ready to mount and ski. Blem warranty$425

Here's the worst possible angle on the topsheet chips.

Pair #3
    Rockered 188 Stiffs
    $450 New. Perfect. Rocks back 12 inches. Full warranty.

188 Rocker profile:

Ski #4
    195 SuperBro. Used, mounted twice as demo's for Sally and Tyrollia, glue stains, bases scratched.. Used about 15 days I think. $330

More to come in the morning.....
    Last edited by Idris; 12-04-2008 at 09:44 PM.
    Knowledge is Powder

those rockered stiffs look awsome

i reallllly want a set of blemed 192 for rock skiing. what BSL are they mounted for solly? demos?

edit: haha, if you look at the photos you can see some of whats on the way for tomorrow...at least one set of 195 kill bros and 186 lhasa pows
    Last edited by mc_roon; 12-04-2008 at 01:14 AM.

Why are those 192's still here? Gonna be a lot of pissed-off maggs rolling out of the bars and checking this thread...
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

I don't understand the description on the 179's. Any chance of getting an explanation of this? - "sidewall blem/core shift one side each ski. Sidewall has resin over it." Sidewall blem I sort of get. I don't get core shift.

i may be mistaken, but by my understanding a core shift is when the core in each ski is not properly centered and sorta comes out the sidewall.

and as much as i want another set of 192s, mine are perfect and I have far too many pairs of skis as it is. Also, while I know that PM Gear is a standup company, part of me wonders how much is wrong with these skis that they are letting them go for $150...

The tolerances are tight enough that if a sidewall is a couple mm thin and the core they are attached to shifts a hair in the mold, say, another couple mm, the sidewall might tuck to one side just enough toward the inside of the edge to finish with a layer of resin on it. You can scrape it off and they'll look all purty. But we leave it on because it's above the edge.

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    Dibs on the nicer pair of 192s

Actually if both are drilled for sollys, I would like the pair that has a bigger bsl, as I have huge feet.
    Last edited by macdadmorgan; 12-04-2008 at 06:10 AM.
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    i
    Also, while I know that PM Gear is a standup company, part of me wonders how much is wrong with these skis that they are letting them go for $150...
    yes, curious as well.

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    payment sent for a pair of 192's
    Thanks
    Morgan
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Checkin' out my gap in the bathroom mirror
    thought that the 179 was stiff or soft, what's with the "med"? They're not fats are they? I'm 5'11 and 185, but gittin older and spenging more time east. Want to make the trees at Jay without lookin too stupid causse I can't make that tight turn, but need to rip lone pine and bank some epic big turns at speed on sunspot, all on one ski please. Go with 183 or can I try 179? Bla Bla Bla...thanks...probably need a cooley to carry gear to Cham don't ya? You can pay in skis...

Someone please buy my XXLs (new 186) and my 175 and 186 Squads

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    DIBS on those 183's for a soli troller
    Will call later in the morn
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

damn, some sick deals. someone get those 192s, those skis kill like none other.

rockered 188s look fun too

guess that means the 179s are my only option. anyone want to comment on my usage for them? anyone else ridding as low as 179?

if you have any softs/super softs let em know.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    any price drop for pickup?

Any takers on the 179's? If not then i guess I am calling dibs.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

if i buy the opther pair of 192's can i get a better shot of the asian chica included ?
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Telee- thanks for saving me from trying to decipher pjw3's endless questions.

macadadmorgan - done.

Pablo - that's way too cheap for what you ask.

As for the 192s - they are warranty returns for small delams tip and tail. hence, the suggestion that someone who can do future repairs buy them, as there is no warranty and hence the price. Those are smokin deals for handy dudes.

thanks for the help

Splat coolio! Paypal on its way! By the way you will have to come visit I have moved to new digs closer to the canyons and you have a wing all your own!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

what's wrong with the 188s? not supposed to be rockered?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Splat coolio! Paypal on its way! By the way you will have to come visit I have moved to new digs closer to the canyons and you have a wing all your own!
    That's what I wanted to hear!! Yur da mang, teleee.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    what's wrong with the 188s? not supposed to be rockered?
    Yes. I don't believe rockering traditional sidecuts does anything but make the ski very pow-specific. For that end, those 188s will kill it. But a traditional sidecut ski with rocker can be weird on hard uneven surfaces, the wide tip hooking up at the wrong time. Just my opinion, some people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw3 View Post
    thanks for the help
    This is all pretty cut and dried. I made the sale self-explanatory to maggots who know these skis and really don't feel the need for a pen pal relationship to explain a whole shitload about the skis and whatever other extraneous questions you might have. Get a fukking grip, pal.

BSS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    This is all pretty cut and dried. I made the sale self-explanatory to maggots who know these skis and really don't feel the need for a pen pal relationship to explain a whole shitload about the skis and whatever other extraneous questions you might have. Get a fukking grip, pal.
    Bwa!

Another satisfied customer.

Originally Posted by splat
    I laughed! How do you really feel?