ES: Santa Cruz- Doing it's best impersonation of J-Bay

Watch for pictures on Surfline soon because today was fucking phenomenal. Snagged a Top 5 wave of my short career today. So good. Days like today make it really hard to leave SC for the winter.

I was out today, hard to say exactly where I was surfing because it was one solid wall of water. But mostly lined up in front of Jack's and caught the tide just right for some long rides.
    Go Sharks.

that's exactly where I was surfing. we call it drain pipe when it does what it was doing today. surfed from 3 to nightfall. so fun. little crowded, had to yell a bunch of people off waves today, but well worth it...days I live for.

Just got back into town this afternoon. I should have just grabbed a smaller board and headed over to west cliff. Instead, I grab a few bigger boards and drive up to Scotts around 4pm. Holy crap was it breaking way way outside there.

The paddle out looked easy enough with a wide channel. The paddle in looked like a challenge. I watch three guys in the channel having to fight their way in. With only two out in the line up and the sun low in the sky, I thought it best to wait until morning.

I saw one ride, and with the lighting it was hard to tell; the wave looked 15 foot plus. And it was not one of the larger waves I saw there.

For those who got on it today - good fer ya. It actually looked very very nice out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Just got back into town this afternoon. I should have just grabbed a smaller board and headed over to west cliff. Instead, I grab a few bigger boards and drive up to Scotts around 4pm. Holy crap was it breaking way way outside there.

The paddle out looked easy enough with a wide channel. The paddle in looked like a challenge. I watch three guys in the channel having to fight their way in. With only two out in the line up and the sun low in the sky, I thought it best to wait until morning.

I saw one ride, and with the lighting it was hard to tell; the wave looked 15 foot plus. And it was not one of the larger waves I saw there.

For those who got on it today - good fer ya. It actually looked very very nice out there.
    Yeah it was another good day today. Not quite like yesterday. The swell had a little too much North in it today compared to the West yesterday, so the roping walls of the point weren't as existent today. Yet it was still solid 10 foot at Sewers today. Thumping too. Those 20"+ intervals make for some nice waves. I would have loved to go up to Scotts today but the biggest in my quiver is a 6'10". Need something just a hair bigger to get into the triple overhead stuff. Yeah ott- there were a couple of clean up sets today. About once and hour a six pack of mackers would come and clean up everyone. Took some beatings today for sure.

surfline has a teaser of mavericks. teh sick:

http://tinyurl.com/5ojo4r

guy I know from work just moved here from NZ was out in SC and Monterrey (Rooms? Greyhounds? and Lovers Point down in Monterrey?) by himself all weekend - snapped his board at lovers point. I got to hook him up with you guys - i'm total dead weight.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Today was not shitty. Scotts was a super easy paddle out (like jump on your board and sit easy) with some roping through 4 feet overhead. Had to wait, but it did not take too many to make you satisfied.

Looking for my wave in, I paddle out twice after shorter ones. Well worth it. My third took me all the way to the beach.

There may not be much snow, but there is some surf.

Here's a pic. This is from a little earlier in the day when the tide was higher and the wave was less ropey. As the tide dropped it got better and better.

Nice looking for the point. Just about the right amount of wave.

Much smaller now, but Moss delivered some this morning. Still head high and with the thump. Looks to drop more tomorrow, with a surge Thursday and Saturday.

How did the point look today?

Swell was pretty west up north. Rode a 7'1" at Scotts today. Kind of wish I had pulled out the 7'6" pin to scratch into a few of the bigger sets today. Still, found a few out there roping through to the inside. Nice thick heavy waves today. Clean as a whistle. Next few days are shaping up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    How did the point look today?

Swell was pretty west up north. Rode a 7'1" at Scotts today. Kind of wish I had pulled out the 7'6" pin to scratch into a few of the bigger sets today. Still, found a few out there roping through to the inside. Nice thick heavy waves today. Clean as a whistle. Next few days are shaping up nice.
    Alright, nothing special. Head-high sets at sewers with a little bit of a decent wall. 1st peak was mush-burgers all day. I actually surfed the Moe and it was firing this evening. Barrels and air-bowls. Nothing big, but just high performance fun. Should've gone to Scotts though, even had a ride up there.