Unhappy broken foot.. busted LL trip (probably)

i am near buenos aires right now, staying with the parents of my friend who lives in uruguay,, after 2 days and nights of staying at my friends estancia (cattle ranch,, very very cool to hang out in the country, ride horses and just take in the magnificent vistas)) in uruguay, on the 3rd and last day there i broke the outside (right side) bone in my right foot playing tennis ::%$"#!$&%/($%&&(%$&%$%$ is all i could think of last night as i looked at the x-ray (very clear break and the bone fragment is pushed out about 1/2 of an inch from the main bone) .. i was very very despondent as i went to sleep last night as the doctor told me that my idea of breaking the cast after 2 days of recuperation to try on my boot was insane and that i risked making it worse,, he told me to stay off my feet for a few days and dont even think of skiing... but stubborn jackass that i am,, today i am hobbling around without the crutches and feeling much better after a night of rest, and the drive here today with my friend........ so i may or may not get to las lenas,, but as of now i plan to be a tourist as my friends parents have offered to let me stay with them for a week if i like........ my scheduled flight/bus ride to LL is scheduled for tuesday morning,, so i have to make a decision by then at the latest about whether i take the riskier path or the safer path.. i am very sorry for anyone who was looking forward to me posting a ski report from LL, but for what it is worth , my friend was able to access a spanish ski report which says the snow is quite good there at least at the moment.. ciao for now and if i choose the riskier path i will be posting from LL wednesday
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Tennis is dangerous. Stick to skiing.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

If you perma-fuck your foot by skiing on it too soon, you may win a lifetime of painful skiing.

Which is more important, this LL trip, or the rest of your skiing life?

[/devil's advocate]

Don't do it, John, we want you fit and well for France!!

Originally posted by phUnk
    perma-fuck
    Is that like perma-frost?

per·ma·fuct ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pûrm-fuct) n.

Permanently fuct, occurring throughout the entity and locally in perennially messed up areas.

Last edited by truth; 07-25-2004 at 06:59 PM.

leave your right ski at the chalet, and go out pretending your monoskiing.

back in the states this afternoon, saw a board certified podiatric surgeon , and i will be operated on thursday or friday..
    after 2 days and 1 night of tourista wandering and evening partying in buenos aires my foot felt worse, i am glad i chose to take off last night for home. ... but, what a hell of a good time you can have there if you have some local friends !!! we were making plans for next year as i was driven to the airport.. thanks for the kind and wise opinions phunk and mrs. roo! and snow dog and geoff, just thanks
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?