Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    wiibert - how're the Fingers looking now?

I haven't been able to see them for a few days, but it's clear right now so tomorrow I might have a report. A couple friends from work went up to a cut block near there the other day and had a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Anyone ski Fernie in the past few days? How good/bad has it been with all the snow and rain?

Truth, if you get down here drop me a line. Not sure what I'll be doing, but chances are it'll be skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    I'll be around for a while after the 24th as well looking for sluts to ski / tour / shoot with.
    You won't want to shoot me but I'd be happy to show you around Red if you come through Rossland way.

With all these Nelson/Ymir/Rossland/Creston crew, we should get a kootenay mini summit some day. Where's central, does everyone tour? Maybe salmo-creston pass lunchbox tour, or even salmo night ski....

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    Maybe salmo-creston pass...
    I like the sound of that.

I'm heading out to meet up w/ the Rusty Nails crew next week, but may be sticking around a bit the following week. Would love to meet up w/ some of the locs, assuming the snowpack settles down a bit.

Full disclaimer - finally gots the needed avy equipment, but am just now learning its proper use.

FWIW, the Baldface website indicates they got a storm total of 105cm and took yesterday off due to avi danger. While the Boundary south of Hwy 3 did well (W2O, Red, Kootenay Pass), it looks like north of 3 got crushed.

With all these Nelson/Ymir/Rossland/Creston crew, we should get a kootenay mini summit some day. Where's central, does everyone tour? Maybe salmo-creston pass lunchbox tour, or even salmo night ski....
    Was just thinking the same thing myself...K. Pass sounds good to me.

Who's got the best proximity/info on k-pass conditions? I know it's been insane up there (as one would have expected) with the recent heavier precip on top of the sketch snowpack, but maybe in a couple of weeks we will have stable conditions and good coverage and new snow to ski.

Lee - Fingers finally looked skiable today. Not too many alders poking through (at least from a distance). Snow quality would be questionable given how warm it was yesterday but it just started snowing again...

I'll get the ball rolling on the miini summit: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...95#post2192395

Srsosbso: looks like rossibandit has K-pass as his location, might be working there? I may head up this weekend or next week into the trees and dig some pits depending on the local skiing and just how hung over I am after the fort knox 5 show.

I'll bet if you tried really hard you could guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Anyone ski Fernie in the past few days? How good/bad has it been with all the snow and rain?
    Not very good. It monsooned for 48 hrs. The rain level was up to 1700m. Lotsa closures due to avi conditions. Today I'm told it's boiler plate, even the groomers bite cuz they hit them when it was too wet and made ruts from the cat's sinking.

Castle mt is the place to be now they got 80cm in the last 48 and no rain.
    You don't need freerides when you got freeheels

Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    Who's got the best proximity/info on k-pass conditions?
    rossibandit lives in Creston and works for highways so he would be the man.

He's not one of the avi techs but has regular contact with them.

He stops in my shop every time he comes through Cranny and I always grill him for info.

I just realized I fucked up and have neglected my fucking tradition of working the word fuck into each post in this thread. I am now making amends for that fuck-up and hopefully it won't happen again...

As Goral said, the alders are looking more skiable, but the recent rain event has made low elevation a bit sporty. Currently snowing in town, we have another snowfall warning in effect too. Turns up at the hill today were very soft and enjoyable, until you got halfway down the gondola. Thankfully I discovered the ninja traverse out of South Bowl today, saving me from ever dealing with that fucking Devil's Club run again.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Castle got no rain in the last 72? Confirmation on that anyone?

Reading between the lines, in the last 48hrs they got something like 80cm on the hill and only 5cm in the village.

So it rained at the base, but not sure how high it went.

All reports are that the upper mountain at Red is still good skiing... more snow on the way. I'm up tommorow, and I'll confirm how good it is.

Mntlion and I are trolling for reports here and there and end up LOL over this lifts report from the Fernie website:

Lifts: 9 to operate: Timber, White Pass, Bear, Deer, Elk, Boom, HaulBack, Mini Moose and Mighty Moose. Also, my office chair is operating ...if I pull this little lever, it goes down ...if I pull it again ...it... comes OFF. Oh my gosh! ...Okay, Office Chair is not operating today. Bummer. And I was hoping it would take me up to White Pass ...or at least to the copy machine. :.o(

Yeah, we've got some good personalities doing these write ups..keeping it light. And not just in Fernie.. Some of the avy bulletins from around New Years were gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post

Truth, I could be suckered into showing you around on the 25th and 26th, especially if you can bring me a 12er of Utah PBR. God I miss that stuff...
    Truth, if you get down here drop me a line. Not sure what I'll be doing, but chances are it'll be skiing.
    Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    You won't want to shoot me but I'd be happy to show you around Red if you come through Rossland way.
    Thanks all...I'll know more by the end of next week and PM you with phone #'s, email addy and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Mntlion and I are trolling for reports here and there and end up LOL over this lifts report from the Fernie website:

Lifts: 9 to operate: Timber, White Pass, Bear, Deer, Elk, Boom, HaulBack, Mini Moose and Mighty Moose. Also, my office chair is operating ...if I pull this little lever, it goes down ...if I pull it again ...it... comes OFF. Oh my gosh! ...Okay, Office Chair is not operating today. Bummer. And I was hoping it would take me up to White Pass ...or at least to the copy machine. :.o(
    I love that type of stuff. I remember calling the Fortress Snow Phone years back when It was puking and the guy on the message was freaking out. It was hilarious.

So... the rumour is true - top of Granite isn't too bad. Not epic, but at least it's possible to have some fun still. Let's hope this storm gives us some lovin'!

Yep -- was up on top of Granite at Red and it was solid. Fun times with Squirrel and Z-bo in tow. Definitely better than I had expected!

Rusty
    "Girl, let us freak."