TR: Mt. Seymour Dawn Patrol

So I have a bad throat cold, and was caughing like crazy last night. At about 3:30AM it got so bad that my GF decided to head back to her place so she could get more sleep. I tried to sleep for a while after this, but with no luck. So I said to myself, "screw it, if I can't sleep, I'm going skiing".

So I threw my rock skis and skins and the rest of the gear in the car and drove off to Mount Seymour (one of Vancouver's local mountains). I got to the parking lot at about 5:00AM and started climbing. Now, I don't know this mountain at all... I don't think I've ever actually skied there... So I didn't take the best route up the mountain.

Got to the top of their top chairlift in time for a really nice sunrise. Here are the pics. The camera died after I took these, so I didn't get any pics of the skiing.... but you're not missing anything. It was hard and nasty snow.

The hike begins:

Looking back down on the base area:

The city below:

First light:

Rosy sky lighting up:

Early morning for downtown:
    Last edited by IHeartWhistler; 11-24-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    "Who's the chump doing 140kph in the fast lane!!?" - German autobahns kick ass!

Nice. Shitty snow is always better than no snow IMO.
    Last edited by AsheanMT; 11-24-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks... figured it out.

Was hiking up there yesterday, definitely not enough snow and real poor coverage too. You could skin-up but skiing down would have sucked.

Yeah, snow on the way down left a lot to be desired. There was a nasty crust over anything that hadn't already been packed down, fortunately the hiking path was nice and wide and acted as a chopped up groomer