Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ts01 View Post
    I'd be interested in your take on tele turns on a ski with that much camber. Their website says the double time has "nearly double the camber, adding much more pop and stability" relative to their other park skis, I guess.
    I don't ski park, but I do ski ice, so I'll let you know. That said, they seem like a fairly stiff board. I think they'll be pretty good for our "packed pow" here in MN. The sidewalks seem quite substantial. I drilled them at the recommended point for "classic alpine", but man...they are FORWARD.
    Gravity. It's the law.

So...I have a few days on both sets.

Conditions: Icy as hell
    Bindings: NTN
    Boots: Scarpa TX Comp
    Mount is at "Alpine Classic", which is about -3cm from ski center.

Initial thoughts - I THINK I FORGOT HOW TO SKI! It has been about a year since I skied my Volkl Walls, which were -5 from center, but once you find the balance point, they RAILED! Now...I don't really "rail" Tele-boards, but in the right conditions, I'll accidentally carve a turn or two.

The Double Times were pretty stiff...and pretty short. I spent about 4-5 runs finding the balance point, the whole time thinking to myself, "Man...shoulda went -5..." Outside that, they are a fairly fun, "powerful" 90-waisted set of boards. I have a pair set up with Alpine bindings too that I will use as "work skis" (just re-joined the Ski Patrol), and I think they'll be great for that. Good edges in ice, and easy to pivot. I'm not a park rat, so I can't really comment on how they'd perform there. As an all-mt fun board for the midwaste, they fit the bill.

The No Time was a different animal. Softer flexing, slight "rockering" (weighted early-rise) on the tips and tails. Although the mount seemed even more centered on these, they were easier to find the balance point. The real brow-raiser -- the tip & tail early rise! It really worked well, and the skis had NO hook-iness to them, but were still very solid feeling on the edges on the icy stuff. Very easy transitioning in turns, which I LOVE in a Tele ski. A great Midwest groomer ski. Again, softer, and 82-waisted, with a very centered mount point.

After skiing both these boards, I was definitely noticing the centered balance point. Then I realized, "Hey...these are NTN bindings...I can move them!" So I moved them from the center detent to the rear (-1.5cm), and the Double Times skied a bit more predictably, but still centered nicely. I'll try the No Times the same way, but I don't think the mount point was quite as critical on those.

I bought a pair of Watch Lifes (100 waist), which I'm really looking forward to getting out on too. They seem very similar in build and profile to the Double Times - just a little wider.

I really like Surface. Time will tell as far as durability, but they seem well made. I'll use my Rossis (S3 & S7) as my squishy softer snow boards, but I think the Surface are going to be a great MW/EC set of boards. I sure would like to try out some of those 3-Stage Rocker skis in some deep stuff though...sure looks..."interesting"...
    Gravity. It's the law.

thanks axel

I'll write up a mini review of the surface drifter (live life). It'll be a powder review today

Quote Originally Posted by KoKopeLLi View Post
    thanks axel

I'll write up a mini review of the surface drifter (live life). It'll be a powder review today
    I saw that! GO GET IT!

Looking forward to that review...ALOT. I'm really considering ordering a set. REALLY considering...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Sorry about the shitty CFL coloring added to the pic... At least it's "green", right?

Gravity. It's the law.

Holy crap, did you get a new sponsor?
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    Holy crap, did you get a new sponsor?
    HA! I wish. They're all from a season back (clearance deals), and can be found pretty reasonably, price-wise... Just your basic 82, 90, 100 waist quiver.

Buy, sell, buy, sell... It's like a gear carousel around here...
    Last edited by axebiker; 01-30-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by KoKopeLLi View Post
    thanks axel

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these after your amazing storm...if you've even bothered coming in form the mountains yet... I wouldn't...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Up until Christmas this year, I've been skiing on 189 Live Life 2's (predecessor to the One Life) for the past 3/4 seasons. They were super fun everywhere. I had them centre mounted. They light and poppy and very fun in the park, but also very fun in deep snow. Almost impossible to tip dive because of the abrupt rocker. My only issue is they felt short (I'm 6'4 and around 260lbs)

I just picked up 194 New Life's and finally got to ski them this past weekend. Mostly tracked powder and crud, but I'm loving them. Very, very stable skis in all conditions (a little sketchy on ice). I'm looking foreword to deeper days!

Surface is the best ski company out there. They will help you with anything, and they make great skis. Defiantly look at getting a pair of there skis!!

Quote Originally Posted by rb.surfaceskis View Post
    Defiantly look at getting a pair of there skis!!