Thread: Broken Duke

Broken Duke

At the end of last season I was on a short tour and got to the top of the line I unclicked and took skins off, had water, etc. When I was clicking back into the bindings I cleaned the snow off of the bottom of my boot by scraping it on the heel. In the process of doing this I kicked the toe pad off the binding and cannot figure out how to get the pad and the spring reattached to the binding. Maybe I am retarded but I have repeatedly stared at the binding and tried several things to get the pad/spring combo back on to no avail. Any info would be appreciated.

I don't know why staring at it didn't work.

Ok seriously, I don't know how to put it back on either, never seen that before. Good luck!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Did you try squinting?

You may be able to take off the AFD completely, and might be able to get after it from there. Or take it into the shop that you got them, and they may have to get a new AFD or send it into Marker. Thats all i have now. Cheers

bump/bump

Last bump, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by dvs8448 View Post
    Last bump, I promise.
    I have to believe its fixable but I can't really figure it out by looking at it. If it were in my hands I feel that I could fix it easily because I'm really good at claiming that I can do stuff that I won't actually have to do.

I have to believe its fixable but I can't really figure it out by looking at it. If it were in my hands I feel that I could fix it easily because I'm really good at claiming that I can do stuff that I won't actually have to do.
    I laughed.

Pony up and take it down to a shop who can mail the toe piece to Marker ... sorry bro.

I stared at the picture for a long time, but that didn't fix it either. (and yes I did try squinting)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

You must have beat down on that toepiece. I'd say Marker might warranty this for ya'.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

once you break most afds you need to replace them as they are a pain in the ass to fix. bring it to your shop theyll help you get a new one.

The dukes are back in action. I took them to a shop and they talked to marker, and all you had to do was pop off the gold plate and replace the spring. I thought this was how the spring was originally place inside but I didn't want to make things worse originally so I didn't mess with it.