Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    I don't think about each one a lot. But, there are times I wake-up in the middle of the night.

But, they remind me when I'm making decisions about potential avalanche situations....
    Thank you for reminding me too.

We'll be careful.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

The chances of you dying in an avalanche tomorrow in Colorado are less than getting hit by a bus.

Odds of being in a burial?

I'd say about 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    The chances of you dying in an avalanche tomorrow in Colorado are less than getting hit by a bus.

Odds of being in a burial?

I'd say about 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000
    Yeah, and I'll bet those guys on the Kichen Wall and Mines 2 in 05' where thinking the same thing............

D'oh!!!
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Yeah, and I'll bet those guys on the Kichen Wall and Mines 2 in 05' where thinking the same thing............

D'oh!!!
    You're really going to compare the guy on Mines to our situation right now?

Maybe you haven't gotten out much, but there's hardly any snow anywhere.

wasnt there just a group caught in an avy a couple days ago on torreys?

EDIT: heres a link

Avy on Torrey's

Let's fucking get real. A little wind loaded slab could go, and sweep you over rocks (which would probably happen since there's no snow anywhere)

Some people will call any snow that moves an avalanche.
    Like I said, the chances of being in a BURIAL are like 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000000

Let's fucking get real. A little wind loaded slab could go, and sweep you over rocks (which would probably happen since there's no snow anywhere)

Some people will call any snow that moves an avalanche.
    Like I said, the chances of being in a BURIAL are like 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000000
    Blurred, check out Doug's photos on

http://www.telemarktalk.com/pbpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50185

That happened on friday. Maybe you wouldn't get BURIED, but I'll bet you'd sure get your ass pounded getting dragged through the rocks... I'll bet it would ruin your ski season....

Blurred, check out Doug's photos on

http://www.telemarktalk.com/pbpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50185

That happened on friday. Maybe you wouldn't get BURIED, but I'll bet you'd sure get your ass pounded getting dragged through the rocks... I'll bet it would ruin your ski season....
    I saw that IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! with Mir after it happened.

It WAS skier triggered, and I know for a fact nobody DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just gotta ski faster than the moving snow Halsted.

Do you want that as you're epitaph???
    Last edited by Hacksaw; 11-17-2008 at 11:35 PM.

I saw that IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! with Mir after it happened.

It WAS skier triggered, and I know for a fact nobody DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are fucking kidding me?

Halsted gave one of the best responses EVER made on TGR; has more avi knowledge in his little pinky than you and Queeen-Shera combined; and you argue with him? You have just sunk to a new low, and I didn't know snail-slime could get any lower. Karma has a funny way of showing up with impecable timing.

I wasn't going to rip on anyone because Halsted gave such a good response without "rippin" on anyone. But, those questions, if she had any knowledge at all, would not have been asked. Wet slides? Cold clear nights + low snowpack next to a constant ground temp with any amount of slab = ROT (like your brain). The fact that the best she could come up with "Fascinating" says a lot.

Keep talkin ' you guys gals....this should be good.

Talking

Do you want that as you're epitaph???
    Just stamp "PWN3D" on my tombstone please.

Quote Originally Posted by JongH8er View Post
    Are fucking kidding me?

Halsted gave one of the best responses EVER made on TGR
    You should totally PM him.

He likes good blow jobs just like the next guy.

These guys aren't the brightest huh?
    On a different note, B, skinning Thursday morning with Mir? I'll be up there...

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    These guys aren't the brightest huh?
    On a different note, B, skinning Thursday morning with Mir? I'll be up there...
    Nah, I only go out when the rose is black...and since there's no rose, I'll be working.

PS-hacksaw, you suck at teh interwebz- this is the pic-

looks more 'core than it is

Just stamp "PWN3D" on my tombstone please.
    Gotch....

I guess, you should have come with a warning label.....

I'm not the one asking about "wet slides" not to mention the other three dumbest alltime questions I've ever read on this board. What, do you think Hack has a crystal-fuckin-ball and he can tell you what the snowpack will be tomorrow or the next day based on your topo?

Nobody said, "don't ski there or you'll die." In fact, Hacksaw said, "I don't know, go dig some pits and get back to us." If you fucktards can't have a discussion about snowpack without your stanky pussies hurtin' then fuck you all.
    Last edited by JongH8er; 11-17-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Gotch....

I guess, you should have come with a warning label.....
    I love how there's hardly anywhere to ski right now, and people are debating avalanche hazards. Can NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how there's hardly anywhere to ski right now, and people are debating avalanche hazards. Can NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, getting folks to start thinking "avalanche" early isn't a bad thing, is it??

Recap:

Shera puts up an "official" thread about some crap right off I-70

Hacksaw mentions a bunch of previous fatalites that happended there without being a douche

Shera asks very dumb questions

Blurred defends her and gets his panties in a wad because he feels that people ripped on him and told him when and where he can ski (besides the fact that he can outrun avalanches and can't get hurt in one if not burried).

Shera hides while Blurred makes himself look like a bigger dip-shit than he already is with the standby immature TGR reply of "blah blah blah blowjobs (edit) and brings religion into it for his defense."

Aren't you glad you decided to give some quality input Hacksaw?
    Last edited by JongH8er; 11-18-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Well, getting folks to start thinking "avalanche" early isn't a bad thing, is it??
    I think common sense goes further than just about anything.

Religion preaches death, doom, and destruction without critical thinking too.

Avalanche awareness is very important, but let's try and keep it in realistic terms.

Quote Originally Posted by JongH8er View Post
    Recap:

Shera puts up an "official" thread about some crap right off I-70

Hacksaw mentions a bunch of previous fatalites that happended there without being a douche

Shera asks very dumb questions

Blurred defends her and gets his panties in a wad because he feels that people ripped on him and told him when and where he can ski (besides the fact that he can outrun avalanches and can't get hurt in one if not burried).

Shera hides while Blurred makes himself look like a bigger dip-shit than he already is with the standby immature TGR reply of "blah blah blah blowjobs."

Aren't you glad you decided to give some quality input Hacksaw?
    Dear Big Balls. You're a fucking loser.

I'm not sticking up for anyone...in fact, I'm giving them BOTH shit......I also was hanging out with both of them in REAL LIFE yesterday. How many maggots have you met in REAL LIFE? Douchebag.

Being an avalanche educator often means that folks think you are trying to keep them from having fun. On the contrary...

I just believe that it is wise to start thinking about avalanche, when you clearly see signs that the snowpack is weak. And the snowpack IS WEAK.

As far as I'm consurned I don't think the backcountry is ready for skiing yet. I would rather stay at the ski area making turns, then to end my ski season early with my face or knee on a rock (or get draged through rocks by an avalanche). I did my years of pushing hard early in shallow snowpack. I don't need or want to repeat those experiences. As you grow older you learn patience...

BTW, I posted the info about avalanche history in Dry Gulch as a public service. Obviously, if you know the history of an area, you have more info to judge with. I didn't mean to up set anyone.

Meanwhile, Brett will have to buy me a beer.....

Real life? This must be a bad dream....

I've met quite a few - even your ugly-ass.

Ok, I guess cu'z you know Hacksaw you have nothing left to learn nor discuss about BC skiing. Carry on.

Hack,

I'm not upset and appreciated your input. Let's call it "dumb-founded" that you would get a reply remotely as absurd as his. (go ahead Blurred and make your comment)

Being an avalanche educator often means that folks think you are trying to keep them from having fun. On the contrary...

I just believe that it is wise to start thinking about avalanche, when you clearly see signs that the snowpack is weak. And the snowpack IS WEAK.

As far as I'm consurned I don't think the backcountry is ready for skiing yet. I would rather stay at the ski area making turns, then to end my ski season early with my face or knee on a rock (or get draged through rocks by an avalanche). I did my years of pushing hard early in shallow snowpack. I don't need or want to repeat those experiences. As you grow older you learn patience...

BTW, I posted the info about avalanche history in Dry Gulch as a public service. Obviously, if you know the history of an area, you have more info to judge with. I didn't mean to up set anyone.

Meanwhile, Brett will have to buy me a beer.....
    Know why the backcountry isn't ready for skiing yet? Cuz there's NO SNOW.

There's more danger in hitting a buried rock and getting hurt than being in an
    AVALANCHE!!!!!

This discussion is beyond idiotic.