Need totally random tech advice -soundtrack/ song editing

Ok - I have a vision. And I can't execute it on my own. Need tech savvy.

I do regular updates to my community of supporters and friends (who've seen me through the last 20 months since my cancer diagnosis).

I send these emails out, and what I've usually done is include a link to a Myspace page where I can select a song that will automatically play, providing a "soundtrack" to my updates.

I'm about to do another update in preparation for my most major surgery yet - reconstruction - on Monday.

So here are my two questions:
    1) is there another way to "embed" a song in an email, or another place to link to a song?

2) is there a way to edit a medley together with several songs? I'm actually thinking I'll start out with a sappy song but about 10 seconds into have it change to "my humps" by Fergie. hee hee. Silly.

I know y'all are smrt. Help!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

advres Guest
    I could edit the songs together for you providing you give me the files. As far as embedding, I don't think so. You could attach the song to the e-mail and have them click-play/download-play the song when they open said e-mail.

for the song goes, you can use audacity. its afairly simple program to use but it does a lot of things

Reconstruction?

Hope all goes well!!

Thanks GL! I think it's going to go well. I go in with a belly and a flat chest and come out with a flat belly and a chest . I suppose it's a bit of silver lining to the hell of cancer.

Ok - I downloaded Audacity. Looks very cool. It won't let me import songs from Itunes. It wants me to convert them. Anyone know how I do that?
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”